RR: Calverton & Rocky Point

http://www.napoleon-series.org/images/military/battles/capturedflags/captured3.JPG

> On a more primal level this crazy dude is coming through town later this
> month:
>
> http://bloodshotrecords.com/album/scotthbiram/247
>
> Not to be missed.
>
> And on a more spacey level these nuts from the 70s are playing our
> Knitting Factory:
>
> http://www.alternativetentacles.com/bandinfo.php?band=zolarx
>
> I hope I recover from all that in time for our trip to China.
>
> Greg

We went to go see Gary Louris with his side project band, Golden Smog. They
were excellent. I'll post some pics up when I get a chance. We're going to
see the Smoking Popes later this month. Remember them?

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Scott Gordo wrote:

> You don't recall that 2.5' strip between moving traffic and parked cars
> (with the doors that can swing open at the most inconvenient times?)

I always tried to stay out of that deathtrap on Chambers _especially_.
Since one is almost always moving faster than the cars, going east in
particular, my tactic was to pass cars to the left of the
double-yellow, and then duck back into the safety of the scrum in the
right lane when a bus or something showed up in the oncoming traffic
lane. An effective riding technique, but it does get the adrenaline
flowing ;-).

> That's actually not where I kissed asphalt. Where I fell was actually
> in the center of the driving lane. I don't know how I didn't end up
> with a car parked on my chest. Luck?

All of the hair on the back of my neck is standing up.

CC

Jimbo(san) wrote:

> Great! that means we get to party all night and show up to the start
> all sloppy drunk like?

Why not? That's what Gordo does every year.

CC

"Scott Gordo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Paycheck or Biafra?

The Paycheck version.

We just watched Punk Attitude the other day. A 2-dvd box set documentary.
Lots of interviews with Jello and many others. I recommendo...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> Scott Gordo wrote:
> >
> > You don't recall that 2.5' strip between moving traffic and parked cars
> > (with the doors that can swing open at the most inconvenient times?)

> I always tried to stay out of that deathtrap on Chambers _especially_.
> Since one is almost always moving faster than the cars, going east in
> particular, my tactic was to pass cars to the left of the
> double-yellow, and then duck back into the safety of the scrum in the
> right lane when a bus or something showed up in the oncoming traffic
> lane. An effective riding technique, but it does get the adrenaline
> flowing ;-).

Yep, depends on the situation. Your email makes me recall that I was
taking a lane when it happened.

> > That's actually not where I kissed asphalt. Where I fell was actually
> > in the center of the driving lane. I don't know how I didn't end up
> > with a car parked on my chest. Luck?

> All of the hair on the back of my neck is standing up.
>
> CC

Eh. It happens. If there's a good side, it forces me to spend more time
in the hot tub. Of course, at 104, it's actually cooler than the 'real
feel' outside the past few days.

/s