RR:Dawn Attack (short)

Corvus Corvax

Guest
The sun isn't even close to being over the horizon when I leave for work this morning on the fix. I
have to put the Niterider on, and I ride through the early morning traffic and crisp air, feeling
glad of it all. Empty school buses ply the suburbs on their way to pick up their surly cargo. The
early commuters are out, already edgy, agitated, and obnoxious. I spin, smooth, as the sun pulls
itself up over the limb of the earth. 'Morning.

CC

"Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The sun isn't even close to being over the horizon when I leave for work this morning on the fix.
> I have to put the Niterider on, and I ride through the early morning traffic and crisp air,
> feeling glad of it all. Empty school buses ply the suburbs on their way to pick up their surly
> cargo. The early commuters are out, already edgy, agitated, and obnoxious. I spin, smooth, as the
> sun pulls itself up over the limb of the earth. 'Morning.
>
> CC

Wow. So poetic! Someone put this on a pic of a rider looking out over the dawn and we can sell it
on a poster!

Sir Ride-a-bit says:

>Wow. So poetic! Someone put this on a pic of a rider looking out over the dawn and we can sell it
>on a poster!

Sh*t, no! You'd have to have cars and trucks all over the background to make it work. Let's just
produce a nice poster of a rider with the sun coming up...

Steve "no offense, CC - nice writing.."

"Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The sun isn't even close to being over the horizon when I leave for work this morning on the fix.
> I have to put the Niterider on, and I ride through the early morning traffic and crisp air,
> feeling glad of it all. Empty school buses ply the suburbs on their way to pick up their surly
> cargo. The early commuters are out, already edgy, agitated, and obnoxious. I spin, smooth, as the
> sun pulls itself up over the limb of the earth. 'Morning.
>
> CC

I've seen the limb of the earth in Buffalo. It's really hairy and covered with tattoos. ;^)

Beautiful prose CC.

Mike - 'Morning back.

> Sir Ride-a-bit says:
>
> >Wow. So poetic! Someone put this on a pic of a rider looking out over
the
> >dawn and we can sell it on a poster!
>
> Sh*t, no! You'd have to have cars and trucks all over the background to
make
> it work. Let's just produce a nice poster of a rider with the sun coming
up...

> Steve "no offense, CC - nice writing.."

Something like this. Sorry MattB, I borrowed your pic.

http://www.njtrails.com/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=126

LOL. I don't have all day to look for the perfect pic. Use your imagination. Better yet, if you've
got some art talent, draw the items that are missing.

"bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 08:18:36 -0400, Sir Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
> > Something like this. Sorry MattB, I borrowed your pic.
> >
> > http://www.njtrails.com/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=126
>
> Call me Mr Picky, but I seem to be missing (in no particular order) the Niterider, darkness, early
> morning traffic, empty school buses, suburbs, a fixed gear bike and early commuters.
>
> --
> a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm
>
> a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

[email protected] (Corvus Corvax) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> The sun isn't even close to being over the horizon when I leave for work this morning on the fix.
> I have to put the Niterider on, and I ride through the early morning traffic and crisp air,
> feeling glad of it all. Empty school buses ply the suburbs on their way to pick up their surly
> cargo. The early commuters are out, already edgy, agitated, and obnoxious. I spin, smooth, as the
> sun pulls itself up over the limb of the earth. 'Morning.
>
> CC

Ahhhh.... I gotta move to Buffalo. /s

"Sir Ride-A-Lot" <Sir.Ride-a-Lot> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Sir Ride-a-bit says:
> >
> > >Wow. So poetic! Someone put this on a pic of a rider looking out over
> the
> > >dawn and we can sell it on a poster!
> >
> > Sh*t, no! You'd have to have cars and trucks all over the background to
> make
> > it work. Let's just produce a nice poster of a rider with the sun
coming
> up...
> >
> > Steve "no offense, CC - nice writing.."
>
> Something like this. Sorry MattB, I borrowed your pic.

S'ok. I accept PayPal...

Matt

"supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Corvus Corvax) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > The sun isn't even close to being over the horizon when I leave for work this morning on the
> > fix. I have to put the Niterider on, and I ride through the early morning traffic and crisp air,
> > feeling glad of it all. Empty school buses ply the suburbs on their way to pick up their surly
> > cargo. The early commuters are out, already edgy, agitated, and obnoxious. I spin, smooth, as
> > the sun pulls itself up over the limb of the earth. 'Morning.
> >
> > CC
>
> Ahhhh.... I gotta move to Buffalo. /s

LOL!!!

Mike

On 8 Oct 2003 19:29:20 -0700, [email protected] (Corvus Corvax) wrote:

>The sun isn't even close to being over the horizon when I leave for work this morning on the fix. I
>have to put the Niterider on, and I ride through the early morning traffic and crisp air, feeling
>glad of it all. Empty school buses ply the suburbs on their way to pick up their surly cargo. The
>early commuters are out, already edgy, agitated, and obnoxious. I spin, smooth, as the sun pulls
>itself up over the limb of the earth. 'Morning.
>
>CC

Nice! Bill