RR:Dawn Attack (short)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Corvus Corvax, Oct 9, 2003.

  1. The sun isn't even close to being over the horizon when I leave for work this morning on the fix. I
    have to put the Niterider on, and I ride through the early morning traffic and crisp air, feeling
    glad of it all. Empty school buses ply the suburbs on their way to pick up their surly cargo. The
    early commuters are out, already edgy, agitated, and obnoxious. I spin, smooth, as the sun pulls
    itself up over the limb of the earth. 'Morning.

    CC

    Tags:

  2. "Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The sun isn't even close to being over the horizon when I leave for work this morning on the fix.
    > I have to put the Niterider on, and I ride through the early morning traffic and crisp air,
    > feeling glad of it all. Empty school buses ply the suburbs on their way to pick up their surly
    > cargo. The early commuters are out, already edgy, agitated, and obnoxious. I spin, smooth, as the
    > sun pulls itself up over the limb of the earth. 'Morning.
    >
    > CC

    Wow. So poetic! Someone put this on a pic of a rider looking out over the dawn and we can sell it
    on a poster!

  3. Sir Ride-a-bit says:

    >Wow. So poetic! Someone put this on a pic of a rider looking out over the dawn and we can sell it
    >on a poster!

    Sh*t, no! You'd have to have cars and trucks all over the background to make it work. Let's just
    produce a nice poster of a rider with the sun coming up...

    Steve "no offense, CC - nice writing.."

  4. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The sun isn't even close to being over the horizon when I leave for work this morning on the fix.
    > I have to put the Niterider on, and I ride through the early morning traffic and crisp air,
    > feeling glad of it all. Empty school buses ply the suburbs on their way to pick up their surly
    > cargo. The early commuters are out, already edgy, agitated, and obnoxious. I spin, smooth, as the
    > sun pulls itself up over the limb of the earth. 'Morning.
    >
    > CC

    I've seen the limb of the earth in Buffalo. It's really hairy and covered with tattoos. ;^)

    Beautiful prose CC.

    Mike - 'Morning back.

  5. "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sir Ride-a-bit says:
    >
    > >Wow. So poetic! Someone put this on a pic of a rider looking out over
    the
    > >dawn and we can sell it on a poster!
    >
    > Sh*t, no! You'd have to have cars and trucks all over the background to
    make
    > it work. Let's just produce a nice poster of a rider with the sun coming
    up...

    > Steve "no offense, CC - nice writing.."

    Something like this. Sorry MattB, I borrowed your pic.

    http://www.njtrails.com/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=126

  6. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  7. LOL. I don't have all day to look for the perfect pic. Use your imagination. Better yet, if you've
    got some art talent, draw the items that are missing.

    "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 08:18:36 -0400, Sir Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    >
    > > Something like this. Sorry MattB, I borrowed your pic.
    > >
    > > http://www.njtrails.com/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=126
    >
    > Call me Mr Picky, but I seem to be missing (in no particular order) the Niterider, darkness, early
    > morning traffic, empty school buses, suburbs, a fixed gear bike and early commuters.
    >
    > --
    > a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm
    >
    > a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

  8. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    [email protected] (Corvus Corvax) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > The sun isn't even close to being over the horizon when I leave for work this morning on the fix.
    > I have to put the Niterider on, and I ride through the early morning traffic and crisp air,
    > feeling glad of it all. Empty school buses ply the suburbs on their way to pick up their surly
    > cargo. The early commuters are out, already edgy, agitated, and obnoxious. I spin, smooth, as the
    > sun pulls itself up over the limb of the earth. 'Morning.
    >
    > CC

    Ahhhh.... I gotta move to Buffalo. /s

  9. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "Sir Ride-A-Lot" <Sir.Ride-a-Lot> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Sir Ride-a-bit says:
    > >
    > > >Wow. So poetic! Someone put this on a pic of a rider looking out over
    > the
    > > >dawn and we can sell it on a poster!
    > >
    > > Sh*t, no! You'd have to have cars and trucks all over the background to
    > make
    > > it work. Let's just produce a nice poster of a rider with the sun
    coming
    > up...
    > >
    > > Steve "no offense, CC - nice writing.."
    >
    > Something like this. Sorry MattB, I borrowed your pic.

    S'ok. I accept PayPal...

    Matt

  10. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (Corvus Corvax) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > The sun isn't even close to being over the horizon when I leave for work this morning on the
    > > fix. I have to put the Niterider on, and I ride through the early morning traffic and crisp air,
    > > feeling glad of it all. Empty school buses ply the suburbs on their way to pick up their surly
    > > cargo. The early commuters are out, already edgy, agitated, and obnoxious. I spin, smooth, as
    > > the sun pulls itself up over the limb of the earth. 'Morning.
    > >
    > > CC
    >
    > Ahhhh.... I gotta move to Buffalo. /s

    LOL!!!

    Mike

  11. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On 8 Oct 2003 19:29:20 -0700, [email protected] (Corvus Corvax) wrote:

    >The sun isn't even close to being over the horizon when I leave for work this morning on the fix. I
    >have to put the Niterider on, and I ride through the early morning traffic and crisp air, feeling
    >glad of it all. Empty school buses ply the suburbs on their way to pick up their surly cargo. The
    >early commuters are out, already edgy, agitated, and obnoxious. I spin, smooth, as the sun pulls
    >itself up over the limb of the earth. 'Morning.
    >
    >CC

    Nice! Bill