RR: Did you miss me?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Zilla, Jul 31, 2004.

  1. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Didn't think so! :)

    After spending a week here in Myrtle Beach, SC....

    http://trifs.dyndns.org/beach_view.jpg

    .... and riding a SS beach cruiser about 15-20 mi. a day
    for four days on the beach, I ventured to trails called
    Hog Run, and went to the advanced section. It resulted
    in this...

    http://trifs.dyndns.org/bike1.jpg
    http://trifs.dyndns.org/bike2.jpg

    The trails kicked my out-of-shape ass. The chain skipping
    on the rear der. didn't help either. I thought for a moment
    to bring my SS instead but am sorta glad I didn't because
    I would have suffered even more. Got to clean the bike up
    now so I can tune it up...

    --
    - Zilla
    Cary, NC

    Tags:

  2. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    Zilla wrote:
    > Didn't think so! :)

    Who are you? (Filling in for JD here.)

    > After spending a week here in Myrtle Beach, SC....
    >
    > http://trifs.dyndns.org/beach_view.jpg

    Do they still have the men with walkie-talkies on the elevators? (OK, I had
    ingested an illegal substance or three, so was more paranoid than usual.)
    Ain't been since '79 or '80, IIRC (golf vacations, using both terms
    lightly)...

    > ... and riding a SS beach cruiser about 15-20 mi. a day
    > for four days on the beach, I ventured to trails called
    > Hog Run, and went to the advanced section. It resulted
    > in this...
    >
    > http://trifs.dyndns.org/bike1.jpg
    > http://trifs.dyndns.org/bike2.jpg

    Lose the gay fenders; level out that seat, and...SWEET!

    > The trails kicked my out-of-shape ass. The chain skipping
    > on the rear der. didn't help either. I thought for a moment
    > to bring my SS instead but am sorta glad I didn't because
    > I would have suffered even more. Got to clean the bike up
    > now so I can tune it up...

    Nice.

    Bill "just back from a 50-mile roadie, so can't exactly talk smack" S.

  3. Ozman Trad

    Ozman Trad Guest

  4. ZeeExSixAre

    ZeeExSixAre Guest

    > The trails kicked my out-of-shape ass. The chain skipping

    Did you try adjusting the barrel adjuster on the shifter while riding?
    Sometimes that's the only way to get the shifting right, when it's loaded.

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  5. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    S o r n i <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Zilla wrote:
    >> Didn't think so! :)

    > Who are you? (Filling in for JD here.)
    >
    >> After spending a week here in Myrtle Beach, SC....
    >>
    >> http://trifs.dyndns.org/beach_view.jpg

    > Do they still have the men with walkie-talkies on the elevators?
    > (OK, I had ingested an illegal substance or three, so was more
    > paranoid than usual.) Ain't been since '79 or '80, IIRC (golf
    > vacations, using both terms lightly)...

    Hmmm, probably the same men I saw after I ate my friends
    home-made brownies! :)

    >> ... and riding a SS beach cruiser about 15-20 mi. a day
    >> for four days on the beach, I ventured to trails called
    >> Hog Run, and went to the advanced section. It resulted
    >> in this...
    >>
    >> http://trifs.dyndns.org/bike1.jpg
    >> http://trifs.dyndns.org/bike2.jpg

    > Lose the gay fenders; level out that seat, and...SWEET!

    I ride the bike on jeep trails too that's shared with horses. After
    getting some horse shit up my nose and eyes numerous times,
    I decided to go gay with the fenders. Oh yeah, the seat is level,
    the bike is just on the little stand so it looks sloped.

    >> The trails kicked my out-of-shape ass. The chain skipping
    >> on the rear der. didn't help either. I thought for a moment
    >> to bring my SS instead but am sorta glad I didn't because
    >> I would have suffered even more. Got to clean the bike up
    >> now so I can tune it up...

    > Nice.
    >
    > Bill "just back from a 50-mile roadie, so can't exactly talk smack" S.

    --
    - Zilla
    Cary, NC
    (Remove XSPAM)

  6. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    ZeeExSixAre <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> The trails kicked my out-of-shape ass. The chain skipping

    > Did you try adjusting the barrel adjuster on the shifter while
    > riding? Sometimes that's the only way to get the shifting right, when
    > it's loaded.
    >
    > --
    > Phil, Squid-in-Training

    Yep. It may be time to replace the cable though since the
    barrel adjusters on both ends didn't work.

    --
    - Zilla
    Cary, NC

  7. Ozman Trad

    Ozman Trad Guest

    "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > > Lose the gay fenders; level out that seat, and...SWEET!

    > I ride the bike on jeep trails too that's shared with horses. After
    > getting some horse shit up my nose and eyes numerous times,

    yesh I see HS on the fireroad occassionally - i just ride around it. UNLESS
    one of my bros is just behind me - then I fling my rear wheel around to
    splatter them ala Mert Lawill (On Any Sunday)