RR: For Per, Penny, et al

Paladin

Guest
20 minutes up the hill from Boise is a vast network of trails. Loggers
want the land, USFS wants us to keep the trails "pristine" ie, no log
rides or other cut-in features. Landowners don't care as long as the
numbers stay reasonable, and Boise area riders tired of the barren
desert rides below, love this higher stuff!

So Kahona and I put my new Yakima rack to the test and headed up this
morning, where it happens to be 20 degrees cooler, and 3,000 feet
higher. Tough climbs, some technical features, and a lot of fun.
First time I've ridden the Blade on that stuff, and it pulled me
through some scary switchbacks and dug me out of some out-of-control
high speed blunders. Love that bike.

If our Swedish friends come through town during this summer-long heat
wave, I'll probably run them up there.

Here are some pictures:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=2060003&posted=1#post2060003

CDB

Paladin wrote:
> 20 minutes up the hill from Boise is a vast network of trails. Loggers
> want the land, USFS wants us to keep the trails "pristine" ie, no log
> rides or other cut-in features. Landowners don't care as long as the
> numbers stay reasonable, and Boise area riders tired of the barren
> desert rides below, love this higher stuff!
>
> So Kahona and I put my new Yakima rack to the test and headed up this
> morning, where it happens to be 20 degrees cooler, and 3,000 feet
> higher. Tough climbs, some technical features, and a lot of fun.
> First time I've ridden the Blade on that stuff, and it pulled me
> through some scary switchbacks and dug me out of some out-of-control
> high speed blunders. Love that bike.
>
> If our Swedish friends come through town during this summer-long heat
> wave, I'll probably run them up there.
>
> Here are some pictures:
>
> http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=2060003&posted=1#post2060003
>
> CDB

Geedub saw my T2 and wanted one for his Liberty. Is yours able to fold
up with the tire on the back? My SUV has the spare under the chassis so
it's not a problem.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Paladin wrote:
> > 20 minutes up the hill from Boise is a vast network of trails. Loggers
> > want the land, USFS wants us to keep the trails "pristine" ie, no log
> > rides or other cut-in features. Landowners don't care as long as the
> > numbers stay reasonable, and Boise area riders tired of the barren
> > desert rides below, love this higher stuff!
> >
> > So Kahona and I put my new Yakima rack to the test and headed up this
> > morning, where it happens to be 20 degrees cooler, and 3,000 feet
> > higher. Tough climbs, some technical features, and a lot of fun.
> > First time I've ridden the Blade on that stuff, and it pulled me
> > through some scary switchbacks and dug me out of some out-of-control
> > high speed blunders. Love that bike.
> >
> > If our Swedish friends come through town during this summer-long heat
> > wave, I'll probably run them up there.
> >
> > Here are some pictures:
> >
> > http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=2060003&posted=1#post2060003
> >
> > CDB
> >

> Geedub saw my T2 and wanted one for his Liberty. Is yours able to fold
> up with the tire on the back? My SUV has the spare under the chassis so
> it's not a problem.
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

yeah, but I had to buy a hitch extender, which is why I had to stop
with the 2-bike set-up, rather than going to all 4. I love it so far.
Solid, fast to load and unload.

CB