Rr: Fr2

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by PiledHigher, Apr 24, 2005.

  1. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2003
    Good morning for it, four riders:

    Koon,
    Nick
    PiledHigher
    and Paul (aka phamcam? or was phamcam a no show)

    The coffee shop starting point is called Gunters for future reference and we were back by 840 so around 1'15 for the 35k. Also note that Gunters wasn't even open, seems that they open at 9am on a public holiday.

    Nick & Koon apparently had a detour on the way to the ride and decided on taking the shortcut at Charman Rd. Notable increase in pace from these two with some gear adjustments since the last ride.

    No Resound - I think there might have been a mix up on what day the ride was.

    And contry to Marty's comments we weren't arrested for our subversive Anzac day activities.

    Next FR won't be a public holiday as that is too far away, look for a weekday morning FR announcement, the more the better.

    PiledHigher

    Tags:

  2. Koon Yong

    Koon Yong New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2003
    It's the new wheels :)
    They seem to have a life of their own.

    No "crazy bike" comments either ...

    Thanks for the ride guys.

    Koon

  3. NoZX6R

    NoZX6R Guest

    PiledHigher wrote:
    > Good morning for it, four riders:
    >
    > Koon,
    > Nick
    > PiledHigher
    > and Paul (aka phamcam? or was phamcam a no show)
    >
    > The coffee shop starting point is called Gunters for future reference
    > and we were back by 840 so around 1'15 for the 35k. Also note that
    > Gunters wasn't even open, seems that they open at 9am on a public
    > holiday.
    >
    > Nick & Koon apparently had a detour on the way to the ride and decided
    > on taking the shortcut at Charman Rd. Notable increase in pace from
    > these two with some gear adjustments since the last ride.
    >
    > No Resound - I think there might have been a mix up on what day the
    > ride was.
    >
    > And contry to Marty's comments we weren't arrested for our subversive
    > Anzac day activities.
    >
    > Next FR won't be a public holiday as that is too far away, look for a
    > weekday morning FR announcement, the more the better.
    >
    > PiledHigher

    I ended up with 78kms with a 26.2 avg (but up until we split my average
    was a more than acceptable 28.

    Maybe we should do a fixie century? :)

    43:16 was much better than last time. That gives me a comfy cruising
    speed around 34km/h. didn't get the impression you guys were being held
    back or anything. Maybe you were just being polite.

    --
    Nick

  4. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "PiledHigher" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:p[email protected]

    > Good morning for it, four riders:
    >
    > Koon,
    > Nick
    > PiledHigher
    > and Paul (aka phamcam? or was phamcam a no show)
    >
    > The coffee shop starting point is called Gunters for future reference
    > and we were back by 840 so around 1'15 for the 35k. Also note that
    > Gunters wasn't even open, seems that they open at 9am on a public
    > holiday.
    >
    > Nick & Koon apparently had a detour on the way to the ride and decided
    > on taking the shortcut at Charman Rd. Notable increase in pace from
    > these two with some gear adjustments since the last ride.
    >
    > No Resound - I think there might have been a mix up on what day the
    > ride was.
    >
    > And contry to Marty's comments we weren't arrested for our subversive
    > Anzac day activities.
    >
    > Next FR won't be a public holiday as that is too far away, look for a
    > weekday morning FR announcement, the more the better.
    >
    > PiledHigher
    >

    > --
    > PiledHigher

    No mixup, I had spent most of the night working on an assignment and had to
    decide between four hours sleep or one hour sleep and a triple length
    commute before work.

  5. Marty

    Marty Guest

    Resound wrote:
    > "PiledHigher" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:p[email protected]
    >
    >>Good morning for it, four riders:
    >>
    >>Koon,
    >>Nick
    >>PiledHigher
    >>and Paul (aka phamcam? or was phamcam a no show)
    >>
    >>The coffee shop starting point is called Gunters for future reference
    >>and we were back by 840 so around 1'15 for the 35k. Also note that
    >>Gunters wasn't even open, seems that they open at 9am on a public
    >>holiday.
    >>

    >>No Resound - I think there might have been a mix up on what day the
    >>ride was.
    >>
    >>And contry to Marty's comments we weren't arrested for our subversive
    >>Anzac day activities.

    Found it! I knew it was here somewhere.
    Have a look at this.
    A $1000 fine if you race before 1 PM on ANZAC day.
    http://tinyurl.com/dfjtk
    And it specifically mentions bicycles.

    Marty

  6. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2003
    It wsa just that you posted that you had a late night friday and the ride was monday that I thought there was confusion. As well as that fact that you were working as usual on a public holiday.

  7. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "PiledHigher" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:p[email protected]

    > Resound Wrote:
    >>

    >> No mixup, I had spent most of the night working on an assignment and
    >> had to
    >> decide between four hours sleep or one hour sleep and a triple length
    >> commute before work.

    > It wsa just that you posted that you had a late night friday and the
    > ride was monday that I thought there was confusion. As well as that
    > fact that you were working as usual on a public holiday.
    >

    > --
    > PiledHigher

    Ah, in which case, I did get the day wrong. My other excuse therefore, is
    that I was in Ballarat.