RR: Get away from me you lazy eyed freak

Jimbo(san)

New Member
Jul 24, 2003
Pain is relative… Torture can be defined in several ways…
My Master says faster….
After about 8 months, some pushing of people’s buttons and several calls we finally got my Single Speed…
It is the twin of Carla’s Bianchi SS with a few changes. I assume because mine is a production model… Saddle is a laser not the race and the cranks are black (Carla’s are polished).
After all this time I was just about jumping up and down waiting to ride it… The big debate was where. It rained the night we got it and that narrowed it down to 2 possible venues…. We took the easy option and went for Bethpage.
First impressions… The name on the saddle is what I named the bike after the second ride…”Laser”…
Unlike my fat old Kona (FOK) ,with it’s slack geometry and 100mm fork, this bike performed like a surgeons scalpel. A……. “laser” scalpel.
The tighter geometry and rigid fork make this bike very precise. I do feel like I might need some time getting used to the Mutano Raptor tires… Thought very fat and compliant they lack side knobs and I don’t know exactly where the edge is with these tires. The…. “Laser” more than makes up for any sloppiness in the tires. The tires are very large at 2.4 and give a very plush ride.
Climbing is predictable and of course you need some momentum to get up and over… again the…”Laser” was up to the task… I missed a few climbs and you sure need to have better lines and better moves to get up and over.
All in all I would say to anyone who cries hype to Shut up and listen to your master!
It will beat you… It will make you feel like puking… It will make you beg for mercy… It will make you beg for more… but mostly it will make you smile.

Jimbo… bleeding from your eyes is good… right?...(san)

Jimbo(san) <[email protected]> wrote in message some SS mantra...............

Congrats on your new ride. I guess SS is something I have to aspire to..... I still don't get it but
I can appreciate the fact that YOU do!

I just got a new bike for a total of five in the house (that makes two for me so I have some SERIOUS
catching up to do).

Congrats again on the new ride and sorry about the bleeding eyes. This too shall pass.

Marty