RR: Gone solo

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Cleanbean, Feb 18, 2003.

  1. Cleanbean

    Cleanbean Guest

    Monday- When asked my ride buds, "Wanna ride"?

    Speedracer: Can't gotta work late. Scud: Can't, shoulder still separated. Bullit: Nope, gonna get
    some road miles in. Charlie: no answer on phone

    The ride was at the local Trail. I did not see a bike rack, one, at the trailhead. 5 cars must all
    have been joggers/hikers. I set out on the trail and only dodged 2 sets of hikers. The Temp. is
    about 73F and the sweat is starting to fill my bandanna. I head up and around the Twins. As I head
    towards the lost and found I think, "time to climb". I ascend up the saddle between the Twins. I'm
    pacing myself and don't want to be incoherent for the descent. As I top the saddle I pause to look
    over the lake and behind me where I can see the main fire road with branches of twisty singletrack
    trails coming off of it. I don't see one Mtber or hear any Mtber. I descend down to the lost and
    found trimming the speed quite a bit since I'm solo. I cruise along the Ranch fence through the
    hoop-d-doos and crest a high point. Low and behold I see off in the distance 2 Mtbers. I drop onto
    the Autobahn jet towards the Twins. I figure when I top Roger's demise I can stop and listen to see
    if they went around the twins or up thru the saddle. I can't hear anything so I figure they must
    have went around. The usual resting spot is at the lost n found so I head there to see if anyone
    shows. No one. I then finish off the rancher's fence and complete the ride with only a distance
    sighting of any Mtb. brothers.

    consolation: Wed. night ride with the crew (Except Scud)!

    Cleanbean still doing it in Texas

    Tags:

  2. Martees

    Martees Guest

    "Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:1%u4a.883$F%[email protected]...
    > Monday- When asked my ride buds, "Wanna ride"?
    >
    > Speedracer: Can't gotta work late. Scud: Can't, shoulder still separated. Bullit: Nope, gonna get
    > some road miles in. Charlie: no answer on phone
    >
    > The ride was at the local Trail. I did not see a bike rack, one, at the trailhead. 5 cars must all
    > have been joggers/hikers. I set out on the trail and only dodged 2 sets of hikers. The Temp. is
    > about 73F and the sweat is starting to fill my bandanna. I head up and around the Twins.
    As
    > I head towards the lost and found I think, "time to climb". I ascend up
    the
    > saddle between the Twins. I'm pacing myself and don't want to be
    incoherent
    > for the descent. As I top the saddle I pause to look over the lake and behind me where I can see
    > the main fire road with branches of twisty singletrack trails coming off of it. I don't see one
    > Mtber or hear any Mtber. I descend down to the lost and found trimming the speed quite a
    bit
    > since I'm solo. I cruise along the Ranch fence through the hoop-d-doos
    and
    > crest a high point. Low and behold I see off in the distance 2 Mtbers. I drop onto the Autobahn
    > jet towards the Twins. I figure when I top Roger's demise I can stop and listen to see if they
    > went around the twins or up
    thru
    > the saddle. I can't hear anything so I figure they must have went around. The usual resting spot
    > is at the lost n found so I head there to see if anyone shows. No one. I then finish off the
    > rancher's fence and complete the ride with only a distance sighting of any Mtb. brothers.
    >
    > consolation: Wed. night ride with the crew (Except Scud)!
    >
    > Cleanbean still doing it in Texas

    90% of my rides are solo. I like it. Nice RR.

    Marty

  3. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:1%u4a.883$F%[email protected]...
    > > Monday- When asked my ride buds, "Wanna ride"?
    <snip rr report>
    > > consolation: Wed. night ride with the crew (Except Scud)!
    > >
    > > Cleanbean still doing it in Texas
    > >

    > 90% of my rides are solo. I like it. Nice RR.
    >
    > Marty

    Mmmm. 99.8% of my rides are solo. Just no-one in these parts to ride with.... <sigh> Still,
    lotsa fun. You just gotta tell ppl where you're going and for how long. Good to hear
    about the ride.

    Westie

  4. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    >90% of my rides are solo. I like it. Nice RR.
    >
    >Marty

    Solo is where it's at,...peace of mind.

    :-]