RR: Green Mountain + Video

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
I had some time after work and since I was in the neighborhood, I
brought the SS to Green Mountain. I did it on a whim hoping the climbs
would not be too bad. Still an 800' climb with one gear was tough, but I
took my time and did it. While not my favorite park (it's kind of ugly),
it is one of the closer trails to work. I did a short loop, blew out my
lungs (still hacking up ****), and gave the SS a much needed ride.

Here are some photos of the ride and video is available at:
http://www.schnauzers.ws/gm.avi

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4249.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4250.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4251.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4252.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4253.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4254.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4255.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4256.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4257.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4258.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4259.jpg

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> I had some time after work and since I was in the neighborhood, I
> brought the SS to Green Mountain. I did it on a whim hoping the climbs
> would not be too bad. Still an 800' climb with one gear was tough, but I
> took my time and did it. While not my favorite park (it's kind of ugly),
> it is one of the closer trails to work. I did a short loop, blew out my
> lungs (still hacking up ****), and gave the SS a much needed ride.
>
> Here are some photos of the ride and video is available at:
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/gm.avi

^^^

Oops video is at http://www.schnauzers.ws/gm.wmv

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>>
>> I had some time after work and since I was in the neighborhood, I brought
>> the SS to Green Mountain. I did it on a whim hoping the climbs would not
>> be too bad. Still an 800' climb with one gear was tough, but I took my
>> time and did it. While not my favorite park (it's kind of ugly), it is
>> one of the closer trails to work. I did a short loop, blew out my lungs
>> (still hacking up ****), and gave the SS a much needed ride.
>>
>> Here are some photos of the ride and video is available at:
>> http://www.schnauzers.ws/gm.avi

> ^^^
>
> Oops video is at http://www.schnauzers.ws/gm.wmv

Nice.....I have to get back on the ss but it's been too damn hot/humid to
ride even the SB. Relief came last night with a major storm. Woke up to
80F this morning.....woohoo!

oh and next time, yield to the hiker......or at least slow down for a better
camera shot!

Gary (d-o-m)

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> I had some time after work and since I was in the neighborhood, I
> brought the SS to Green Mountain. I did it on a whim hoping the climbs
> would not be too bad. Still an 800' climb with one gear was tough, but I
> took my time and did it. While not my favorite park (it's kind of ugly),
> it is one of the closer trails to work. I did a short loop, blew out my
> lungs (still hacking up ****), and gave the SS a much needed ride.

Looked like fun. I agree with Gary, slow down for the women <g>
Some surprising climbs and descents at Green Mountain. Fastest I've
ever recorded in the dirt on a cycle computer was at Green Mountain
(44.5 mph on an HT).

Shawn

GeeDubb wrote:

>> Oops video is at http://www.schnauzers.ws/gm.wmv
>>

> Nice.....I have to get back on the ss but it's been too damn hot/humid
> to ride even the SB. Relief came last night with a major storm. Woke
> up to 80F this morning.....woohoo!
>
> oh and next time, yield to the hiker......or at least slow down for a
> better camera shot!
>
> Gary (d-o-m)

Ugh! As I told some on MTBreatards:

She wasn't a young kitty. I did move over and I wasn't going all that
fast when I passed her. The video makes it look that way. We exchanged
pleasantries as well.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Shawn Curry wrote:

> Looked like fun. I agree with Gary, slow down for the women <g>
> Some surprising climbs and descents at Green Mountain. Fastest I've
> ever recorded in the dirt on a cycle computer was at Green Mountain
> (44.5 mph on an HT).
>
> Shawn

She was kind of "over-the-years" for a video biography.

44.5? On the exposed stuff? I think I hit about 20, but that was it
for me on the 29er. It was a little too loose for me to feel
comfortable that high off the ground. I guess I am still to used to
riding it on the flat piney trails.

The climbs definitely hurt on the singlespeed. I'd go about 300 yards,
stop and catch my breath, then repeat. It was all made worse by the
sinus infection that's been brewing.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Shawn Curry wrote:
>

>> Looked like fun. I agree with Gary, slow down for the women <g>
>> Some surprising climbs and descents at Green Mountain. Fastest I've
>> ever recorded in the dirt on a cycle computer was at Green Mountain
>> (44.5 mph on an HT).
>>
>> Shawn

> She was kind of "over-the-years" for a video biography.
>
> 44.5? On the exposed stuff?

It was on a rutted fire road on the NW side, heading toward the parking
lot on the far side of 470. Not an unreasonable place to let it go.

I think I hit about 20, but that was it
> for me on the 29er. It was a little too loose for me to feel
> comfortable that high off the ground. I guess I am still to used to
> riding it on the flat piney trails.
>
> The climbs definitely hurt on the singlespeed. I'd go about 300 yards,
> stop and catch my breath, then repeat. It was all made worse by the
> sinus infection that's been brewing.

Sounds like me on the top part of Belcher earlier today, minus the sinus
infection (helps to have a doc for a wife when those come along).

Shawn

Shawn Curry wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>> Shawn Curry wrote:
>>

>>> Looked like fun. I agree with Gary, slow down for the women <g>
>>> Some surprising climbs and descents at Green Mountain. Fastest I've
>>> ever recorded in the dirt on a cycle computer was at Green Mountain
>>> (44.5 mph on an HT).
>>>
>>> Shawn

>> She was kind of "over-the-years" for a video biography.
>>
>> 44.5? On the exposed stuff?

> It was on a rutted fire road on the NW side, heading toward the parking
> lot on the far side of 470. Not an unreasonable place to let it go.
>
> I think I hit about 20, but that was it
>> for me on the 29er. It was a little too loose for me to feel
>> comfortable that high off the ground. I guess I am still to used to
>> riding it on the flat piney trails.
>>
>> The climbs definitely hurt on the singlespeed. I'd go about 300 yards,
>> stop and catch my breath, then repeat. It was all made worse by the
>> sinus infection that's been brewing.

> Sounds like me on the top part of Belcher earlier today, minus the sinus
> infection (helps to have a doc for a wife when those come along).
>
> Shawn

Try going up Mustang. That makes Belcher look like the beach.

St. Mary's Glacier on Saturday, if you are interested.

I need a scrip for Levaquin. I still don't have a doc out here. :( I
have to find a "quack" one like back home, that lets me diagnose myself.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

You've lived up to your moniker since you moved!
Nice..

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I had some time after work and since I was in the neighborhood, I
> brought the SS to Green Mountain. I did it on a whim hoping the climbs
> would not be too bad. Still an 800' climb with one gear was tough, but I
> took my time and did it. While not my favorite park (it's kind of ugly),
> it is one of the closer trails to work. I did a short loop, blew out my
> lungs (still hacking up ****), and gave the SS a much needed ride.
>
> Here are some photos of the ride and video is available at:
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/gm.avi
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4249.jpg
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4250.jpg
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4251.jpg
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4252.jpg
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4253.jpg
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4254.jpg
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4255.jpg
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4256.jpg
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4257.jpg
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4258.jpg
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/072506/IMG_4259.jpg
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
> www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

snips

> Try going up Mustang. That makes Belcher look like the beach.

Ouch, don't remember that one. This was my first ride at WR in about
six years. The lower part of Belcher is really different. There is
single track where there used to be an access road climb. Much nicer.

> St. Mary's Glacier on Saturday, if you are interested.

Skiing or riding?
Interested, but I'm off to Salida for the road races. The Start/Finish
for the crit is right in front of my house.
http://southcentralracing.com/omnium/course

Shawn

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> Miss Salida already?

As soon as she finds her sash.

Bill "slow evening" S.

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>> Miss Salida already?

> As soon as she finds her sash.
>
> Bill "slow evening" S.

Pffftttt! English majors!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Shawn Curry wrote:
> >
> > Looked like fun. I agree with Gary, slow down for the women <g>
> > Some surprising climbs and descents at Green Mountain. Fastest I've
> > ever recorded in the dirt on a cycle computer was at Green Mountain
> > (44.5 mph on an HT).
> >
> > Shawn

> She was kind of "over-the-years" for a video biography.
>
> 44.5? On the exposed stuff? I think I hit about 20, but that was it
> for me on the 29er. It was a little too loose for me to feel
> comfortable that high off the ground. I guess I am still to used to
> riding it on the flat piney trails.

Hahaha, ahahahaha. I know where he went 45 MPH, and I did the same
thing, it's a doubletrack road, and you didn't hit that or did, and
stayed at 20MPH? ahhahahahaha..

> The climbs definitely hurt on the singlespeed. I'd go about 300 yards,
> stop and catch my breath, then repeat. It was all made worse by the
> sinus infection that's been brewing.

AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA, where's the post where you said you were a great
climber, and then you mocked me and taunted me by saying "I don't wait
for wimps" when you were talking about climbing? Dude, Green Mountain
Climbs are lame and effortless for me you little wussy...

Hit Deer Creek Canyon and do as I said and I'll stop picking on you...

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Shawn Curry wrote:
>
>>> St. Mary's Glacier on Saturday, if you are interested.

>> Skiing or riding?

> Riding.
>
>> Interested, but I'm off to Salida for the road races. The
>> Start/Finish for the crit is right in front of my house.
>> http://southcentralracing.com/omnium/course
>>
>> Shawn

> Miss Salida already?

My pets vet's daughter. Too young. Oh wait, do I miss Salida? Nah.
We keep going back.

Shawn