RR - I can See Clearly Now

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by The Ogre, May 5, 2003.

  1. The Ogre

    The Ogre Guest

    We had originally planned a trip to Skyline Park in Napa but rain the night before and into the
    morning closed all of the singletrack in the park. After playing a bit of phone tag with George from
    Trogs we decided to ride at Rockville which is just outside of Suisun City.

    Despite the earlier rain it was sunny outside and actually kindof warm. All of the raingear and cold
    weather clothes were left in the car and George broke out the sunscreen.

    I can see clearly now the rain is gone I can see all obsticals in my way Gone are the dark clouds
    that had me black It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day It's gonna be a bright, bright
    sunshiny day

    George took the lead and led us down the trail on the right Right off the bat I knew this was going
    to be a fun trail, lots of big embeded rocks, along with some large sections of exposed rockface. I
    thought this was a great start to the ride.

    Rockville is a spider web of interwoven trails and I don't even think George could say what our
    route was if asked. We started by climbing up into a valley with a small lake in the center and
    proceeded to do a series of loops out from the lake.

    "I think I can make it now the pain is gone all of the bad feelings have dissappeared here is the
    rainbow I have been praying for It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day"

    The terrain varied quite a bit, there is a lot of singletrack that loops out away from the lake and
    a few main roads through the center of the park. There are also quite a few sections where it isn't
    entirely clear what is trail and what is barneytrack.

    After about 2 hours we were debating when we were going up through one of the more fun sections of
    trail it started to rain, only lightly at first but none of us really felt like riding in the rain
    so we headed back to the cars. By the time we were made it to the cars it was raining pretty
    steadily and we were all soaked and thankful we turned back. When we made it to the Pizza Place it
    was raining buckets and we were happy that we had managed to pick the perfect time to ride.

    "Look all around there's nothing but Blue Skies Look straight ahead there's nothing but Blue Skies
    It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day"

    (UB 40 "I Can See Clearly Now")

    -- The Ogre Pics from this Ride at: http://www.ogrehut.com/trails.php/Bay-North/Rockville2003-05

    PS: Nothing quite as exciting as the Rockville photos P e t e puts up but a couple of good ones from
    around the park.

    Tags:

  2. The Ogre says:

    > (UB 40 "I Can See Clearly Now")

    Dang! Now I feel old - I still remember that as the original Jimmy Cliff/Johnny Nash production

    Steve

  3. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Heh, heh, you beat me to the song!!!

    --
    - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

    "The Ogre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I can see clearly now the rain is gone I can see all obsticals in my way Gone are the dark
    > clouds that had me black It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day It's gonna be a bright,
    > bright sunshiny day
    >

    > (UB 40 "I Can See Clearly Now")
    >
    > -- The Ogre Pics from this Ride at: http://www.ogrehut.com/trails.php/Bay-North/Rockville2003-05
    >
    > PS: Nothing quite as exciting as the Rockville photos P e t e puts up but a couple of good ones
    > from around the park.

  4. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  5. The Ogre

    The Ogre Guest

    bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > The Ogre wrote:
    >
    > > (UB 40 "I Can See Clearly Now")
    >
    > The UB40 version's just a cover. The original was done by Johnny Nash, I believe.
    >
    > Nice RR, BTW.

    Hehe, the song was one of a bunch of nixed MP3s I got from a buddy and just happened to start
    playing while I was doing the RR. It was just too perfect so I couldn't resist using it. As far as
    the credits go, just happened to be the version my buddy had.

    Thanks, -- The Ogre http://ogrehut.com

  6. Jd

    Jd Guest

    bomba <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > The Ogre wrote:
    >
    > > (UB 40 "I Can See Clearly Now")
    >
    > The UB40 version's just a cover. The original was done by Johnny Nash, I believe.

    Truth, it was Johnny Nash, though Cheech Marin did a nice cover of one line of it in "Up In Smoke".

    JD

  7. The Ogre

    The Ogre Guest

    [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > The Ogre says:
    >
    > > (UB 40 "I Can See Clearly Now")
    >
    > Dang! Now I feel old - I still remember that as the original Jimmy Cliff/Johnny Nash production
    >
    > Steve

    Actually I've been digging around a bit and I think that the version I heard was the original... but
    miscredited due to a mislabeled MP3.

    -- The Ogre http://ogrehut.com

  8. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    The Ogre wrote:

    >>>(UB 40 "I Can See Clearly Now")
    >>
    >>Dang! Now I feel old - I still remember that as the original Jimmy Cliff/Johnny Nash production
    >>
    >>Steve
    >

    > Actually I've been digging around a bit and I think that the version I heard was the original...
    > but miscredited due to a mislabeled MP3.

    UB40 did do a cover of it, so chances are...

  9. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > >>Dang! Now I feel old - I still remember that as the original Jimmy Cliff/Johnny Nash production
    > >>
    > >>Steve
    > >

    > > Actually I've been digging around a bit and I think that the version I heard was the original...
    > > but miscredited due to a mislabeled MP3.
    >
    > UB40 did do a cover of it, so chances are...

    "Chances Are"...Johnny Mathis!

    Bill "before my time, of course" S.

  10. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On 5 May 2003 11:37:54 -0700, The Ogre wrote:
    > [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> The Ogre says:
    >>
    >> > (UB 40 "I Can See Clearly Now")
    >>
    >> Dang! Now I feel old - I still remember that as the original Jimmy Cliff/Johnny Nash production
    >
    > Actually I've been digging around a bit and I think that the version I heard was the original...
    > but miscredited due to a mislabeled MP3.

    Can't imagine getting UB40 and Johnny Nash mixed up. I kind of like the Jimmy Cliff version, though.