RR: Ice, Mud, Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Martees

Hey folks,

Well, I got in a ride the other day and as the Subject indicates it was a challenge. I decided to
keep it simple and rode the Piney Run loop near my house. This loop is really more of an out and
back with some minor hills and a few small stream crossings. You start out by heading in at
Hollenberry Rd (off Obrect if anybody cares) and drop into the woods. Then you bear right and come
to a 60 or 70 foot drop. I can usually ride this but not this day. Nope. The seat is in my stomach
and I start down. I soon realize that the frozen ground I expected is about 1/2 inch below the
surface and the top is mud. I lasted about 10 feet before the front tire went one way and I went
another!! No harm done but it made me VERY careful the rest of the ride.

The whole thing was about 8 miles but it was just what the doctor ordered.

Marty

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:28:19 -0500, "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>Hey folks,
>
> Well, I got in a ride the other day and as the Subject indicates it was a challenge. I decided to
> keep it simple and rode the Piney Run loop near my house. This loop is really more of an out and
> back with some minor hills and a few small stream crossings. You start out by heading in at
> Hollenberry Rd (off Obrect if anybody cares) and drop into the woods. Then you bear right and
> come to a 60 or 70 foot drop. I can usually ride this but not this day. Nope. The seat is in my
> stomach and I start down. I soon realize that the frozen ground I expected is about 1/2 inch
> below the surface and the top is mud. I lasted about 10 feet before the front tire went one way
> and I went another!! No harm done but it made me VERY careful the rest of the ride.
>
>The whole thing was about 8 miles but it was just what the doctor ordered.
>
>Marty
>
>
Keep riding Marty,

Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]

Status
Not open for further replies.