RR just playing, solo

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Penny S., May 3, 2003.

  1. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Seems like job title these days is Schlep Mom... I did have a nice chunk of time today in-between
    soccer games andtow runs to the Scout spaghetti feed ( elder son is head cook) so out to the
    state park I went. Solo today, so I got to play with the new camera a bit. The cloud cover was a
    bit ominous, but also spotty... what the heck, I have a shell and I already loaded up the bike
    and stuff.

    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/rs/IMG_0111.jpg the balsam root is in full bloom everywhere you go.
    The rain really makes it seem green. I literally almost ran into a friend of mines hubby and a loose
    rat dog... why do people insist on riding the river trail in the wrong direction?

    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/rs/IMG_0112.jpg found a new piece of singletrack recently and rode
    it the other direction today. Last week when Gab and I came through here, all the Grass Widows
    (little purple flowers) were blooming but they are already done. The slash pile is natural debris
    from two factors: these forest has been fire suppressed for about 75 years should be more open but
    there are a lot of the "toothpick tree" groves... that were then damaged by the ice storm in '93.
    Gab, it's more fun the direction we went.

    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/rs/IMG_0113.jpg I can't seem to do the meadows of balsamroot
    justice. Oh well... the forest is beautiful this time of year.

    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/rs/IMG_0116.jpg Hmm... what's up here? A whole 'nother piece of
    trail, where does it go? I can tell it goes to the too of Boat Hill... so I go up, and back down
    again.. nice to know there's a singletrack option there now.

    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/rs/IMG_0117.jpg nasty climb up one terrace to another. There are
    lots of these at Riverside... loose nasty unconsolidated. They really suck, but they really suck if
    your climbing technique is lousy. I could never ride these on my old bike, I can on the new one. I
    hit this little section at 11 miles, I took the pic where I decided that I really didn't need to
    ride up the rest of it today. this was
    3/4 of the way up. For reference, I'm kneeling looking up.

    Nice to get out and play...

    penny

    Tags:

  2. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Seems like job title these days is Schlep Mom... I did have a nice chunk of time today in-between
    > soccer games andtow runs to the Scout spaghetti feed ( elder son is head cook) so out to the
    > state park I went. Solo today, so I got to play with the new camera a bit. The cloud cover was a
    > bit ominous, but also spotty... what the heck, I have a shell and I already loaded up the bike
    > and stuff.
    >
    > Nice to get out and play...
    >
    > penny

    Even busy moms need to get out play now and then...

    Paladin

  3. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sat, 3 May 2003 15:47:35 -0700, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Seems like job title these days is Schlep Mom... I did have a nice chunk of time today in-between
    >soccer games andtow runs to the Scout spaghetti feed ( elder son is head cook) so out to the
    >state park I went. Solo today, so I got to play with the new camera a bit. The cloud cover was a
    >bit ominous, but also spotty... what the heck, I have a shell and I already loaded up the bike
    >and stuff.
    >
    >www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/rs/IMG_0111.jpg the balsam root is in full bloom everywhere you
    >go. The rain really makes it seem green. I literally almost ran into a friend of mines hubby and a
    >loose rat dog... why do people insist on riding the river trail in the wrong direction?
    >
    >www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/rs/IMG_0112.jpg found a new piece of singletrack recently and rode
    >it the other direction today. Last week when Gab and I came through here, all the Grass Widows
    >(little purple flowers) were blooming but they are already done. The slash pile is natural debris
    >from two factors: these forest has been fire suppressed for about 75 years should be more open but
    >there are a lot of the "toothpick tree" groves... that were then damaged by the ice storm in '93.
    >Gab, it's more fun the direction we went.
    >

    >www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/rs/IMG_0113.jpg I can't seem to do the meadows of balsamroot
    >justice. Oh well... the forest is beautiful this time of year.
    >
    >www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/rs/IMG_0116.jpg Hmm... what's up here? A whole 'nother piece of
    >trail, where does it go? I can tell it goes to the too of Boat Hill... so I go up, and back down
    >again.. nice to know there's a singletrack option there now.
    >
    >www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/rs/IMG_0117.jpg nasty climb up one terrace to another. There are
    >lots of these at Riverside... loose nasty unconsolidated. They really suck, but they really suck if
    >your climbing technique is lousy. I could never ride these on my old bike, I can on the new one. I
    >hit this little section at 11 miles, I took the pic where I decided that I really didn't need to
    >ride up the rest of it today. this was
    >3/4 of the way up. For reference, I'm kneeling looking up.
    >
    >Nice to get out and play...
    >
    >penny

    Nice Pics. What, are you trying to compete with JD and P e t e (Water Sports) F a g e r l i n for
    best pics?

    Hey Marty if you're reading this we ought to get some pics of Avalon and really show them
    some scenery.

    Peace, Bill(Not bringing my Canon on those trails)Wheeler The mind serves properly as a window glass
    rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an
    interpretation of the world.
    :-]

  4. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Bill Wheeler wrote:
    > On Sat, 3 May 2003 15:47:35 -0700, "Penny S."
    >>>

    > Nice Pics. What, are you trying to compete with JD and P e t e (Water Sports) F a g e r l i n for
    > best pics?
    >
    > Hey Marty if you're reading this we ought to get some pics of Avalon and really show them some
    > scenery.

    Gee thanks BIll.. but I just do snapshots, not photography. They are out of my league!! I just like
    to get shots of where I ride, for the flavor. Someday I'll figure out how to get riders in them

    Penny