RR: Keystone Ranch

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
[Inline: http://tinyurl.com/pvuzy]

I'm a groupie. I enjoy riding with a group a lot more than riding
alone. Colorado is a little different that back east when it comes to
clubs. There are not a lot of them. Most people tend to meet up near a
trail or LBS and form smaller riding groups. That's great for those who
have been here a while, but I need a little extra help. Along came the
recommendation of Team Evergreen. So today I joined my first Team
evergreen ride at Keystone Ranch just passed the continental divide.
John the ride leader graciously agreed to drive us to the trailhead just
outside of Keystone Ski Area. Starting at around 7500' we met up with
two others giving us a nice small group of three gals and two guys.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_3982.jpg

I was a little worried that my lungs would not hold up, but at least
there was another rider who was visiting from sea level.

The ride started with a LONG fire road climb into the ski area and
passed many beaver damns.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_3983.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_3984.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_3985.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_3986.jpg

The climb continued for miles, but the scenery was worth it.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_3988.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_3989.jpg

John stops to get his bearings. Across the stream and straight up or
continue on?

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_3990.jpg

We continue on until we get to the Outback ski lift where the fire road
changes over to loose double track and continues to climb.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_3994.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_3996.jpg

This sharp turn gave us all some trouble. I tried it twice before
making it.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_3997.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_3998.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_3999.jpg

Finally, after climbing forever we reached the top and the Colorado Trail.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4000.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4001.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4002.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4003.jpg

Stop for some views, lower the seat, and begin an awesome screaming
downhill. I still have the smile on my face!

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4005.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4006.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4007.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4009.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4010.jpg

Somewhere along the way we make a turn off of the CO Trail and head down
into the bowl. Still going down! Wow the climb was really worth the
payoff.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4011.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4014.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4015.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4016.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4020.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4021.jpg

Things slow down as we hit this little mess.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4023.jpg

With so much downhill it's hard to find an unhappy face.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4024.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4025.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4029.jpg

We finish up with a gradual climb up the aquaduct trail and then back
down to the car stopping for a photo-op with Colorado's state flower,
the Columbine.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4031.jpg

A fantastic 21.5 mile 3500' of climbing ride with some great people! I
am looking forward to many more rides with Team Evergreen.

GPS stuff:

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/kr.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/krpro.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/krsat.jpg

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [Inline: http://tinyurl.com/pvuzy]
>
> I'm a groupie. I enjoy riding with a group a lot more than riding
> alone. Colorado is a little different that back east when it comes to
> clubs.

God forbid if I ever lose my job, I'll look for
one in CO.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 19:21:46 -0700, Zilla <[email protected]>
wrote:

> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> [Inline: http://tinyurl.com/pvuzy]
>>
>> I'm a groupie. I enjoy riding with a group a lot more than riding
>> alone. Colorado is a little different that back east when it comes to
>> clubs.

> God forbid if I ever lose my job, I'll look for
> one in CO.

If everything goes as planned, I'll be living there within 5 years.
____
Slack

> [...]
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4016.jpg
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4020.jpg
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4021.jpg
>
> Things slow down as we hit this little mess.
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4023.jpg
>
> With so much downhill it's hard to find an unhappy face.
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4024.jpg
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4025.jpg
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4029.jpg
>
> We finish up with a gradual climb up the aquaduct trail and then back down
> to the car stopping for a photo-op with Colorado's state flower, the
> Columbine.
>
> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/070106/IMG_4031.jpg
>
> A fantastic 21.5 mile 3500' of climbing ride with some great people! I am
> looking forward to many more rides with Team Evergreen.

Very nice, I for one am glad that you moved from the East Coast. These
pictures are mucho better.

Dean