RR: Lanced by Rain (GRS)

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
On 10/8/05 I was supposed to ride in the Tour of Hope. As a
partner association with the Lance Armstrong Foundation, we were
allowed to put a team together for the event. I quickly put
together some great riders, both road and mountain bike.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/stories/teamaacr.jpg

As our PR firm was the same as Lance's, we were pretty much assured a
photo op with the champ. That was until the heavens opened
up. It rained buckets. We even showed up at the start in
fields full of 8" standing water and mud everywhere, ready to
ride. Finally, at 6:30 AM the shoulders of the roads were
impassable (even to mountain bikes) and the event was canceled.
Lance took the stage briefly to give thanks and then promptly left.

A disappointment, yes. However, the goals of the ride were
met. That was to raise money and awareness for cancer research.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Welcome to Waterworld. It started raining here Thursday
and won't stop till Sunday. Out came the rain gear and the 3 speed
with full fenders. Also enclosed chain. My Waterworld bike..

[email protected] wrote:
> Welcome to Waterworld. It started raining here Thursday
> and won't stop till Sunday. Out came the rain gear and the 3 speed
> with full fenders. Also enclosed chain. My Waterworld bike..

I would have needed a raft and paddles attached to my bike or one of
those paddle bikes. Dang, now I finally figure it out.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>
>> Welcome to Waterworld. It started raining here Thursday
>> and won't stop till Sunday. Out came the rain gear and the 3 speed
>> with full fenders. Also enclosed chain. My Waterworld bike..

> I would have needed a raft and paddles attached to my bike or one of
> those paddle bikes. Dang, now I finally figure it out.

I wonder if you could ski behind one that Lance was pedaling...

Matt