RR: Lazy Sunday morning ride

SuzieB

New Member
Oct 15, 2005
Well, here's the stats for my "lazy sunday ride".

Time out (including a stop at Startline for a coffee and energy bar) = 2hr, 48 minutes
Time pedalling = 2hr, 12min, 48secs
Distance = 46.31km
Average speed = 20.9 km/h
Maximum speed = 39.8 km/h
Calories burnt = 1808
Average heart rate = 144

I just got carried away! I intended to go out for about a 10km ride so from my place in Dingley I headed down to the roundabout where Nepean Hwy and Beach Road meet and tottled up Beach Road. Originally, I was going to turn up Warrigal Road but that turned into Black Rock and then I thought I'd go to Sandringham and then I was feeling good so I thought I'd go to Startline Cycle Fashions in Brighton and wow Caren with my new found riding skills. Then of course I had to get home so did it the quickest way I could although my pace by this stage was much slower! I'm sure I can blame my heavy GT Timberline for that rather than my slow legs. :rolleyes:

I got passed by huge bunches of cyclists on Beach Road, first time I tried pedalling to keep up but no hope, I was dropped faster than you can say hot potato. Still, for the first time in about 15 years I went out on a long solo ride and felt very happy and confident about it. I feel like a genuine cyclist now. :) I did 46km in a day - bring on the Around the Bay ride next year!

Euan bought me a bike computer for my birthday (it's what I wanted!) as I am very number fixated, hence all the details given above.

Yesterday we had a look at some new bikes for me, possibilities are Giant OCR Zero, Trek 1500 WSD or Alchemy which can be customised depending on what I want. From my reading the full carbon Giant OCR Zero sounds like best value for money but I can get the Ultegra groupset on the Trek as well and build that into the Alchemy probably all for similar pricing. It all comes down to the bike that feels best in the end.

I'm absolutely buzzing with excitement now. Can't wait to try that ride on my new stead!
http://www.mountainbiketales.com/Verdra2.htm

"SuzieB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Well, here's the stats for my "lazy sunday ride".
>
> Time out (including a stop at Startline for a coffee and energy bar) =
> 2hr, 48 minutes
> Time pedalling = 2hr, 12min, 48secs
> Distance = 46.31km
> Average speed = 20.9 km/h
> Maximum speed = 39.8 km/h
> Calories burnt = 1808
> Average heart rate = 144
>
> I just got carried away! I intended to go out for about a 10km ride so
> from my place in Dingley I headed down to the roundabout where Nepean
> Hwy and Beach Road meet and tottled up Beach Road. Originally, I was
> going to turn up Warrigal Road but that turned into Black Rock and then
> I thought I'd go to Sandringham and then I was feeling good so I thought
> I'd go to Startline Cycle Fashions in Brighton and wow Caren with my new
> found riding skills. Then of course I had to get home so did it the
> quickest way I could although my pace by this stage was much slower!
> I'm sure I can blame my heavy 'GT Timberline'
> (http://tinyurl.com/8xuel) for that rather than my slow legs.
> :rolleyes:
>
> I got passed by huge bunches of cyclists on Beach Road, first time I
> tried pedalling to keep up but no hope, I was dropped faster than you
> can say hot potato. Still, for the first time in about 15 years I went
> out on a long solo ride and felt very happy and confident about it. I
> feel like a genuine cyclist now. :) I did 46km in a day - bring on the
> Around the Bay ride next year!
>
> Euan bought me a bike computer for my birthday (it's what I wanted!)
> as I am very number fixated, hence all the details given above.
>
> Yesterday we had a look at some new bikes for me, possibilities are
> Giant OCR Zero, Trek 1500 WSD or Alchemy which can be customised
> depending on what I want. From my reading the full carbon Giant OCR
> Zero sounds like best value for money but I can get the Ultegra
> groupset on the Trek as well and build that into the Alchemy probably
> all for similar pricing. It all comes down to the bike that feels best
> in the end.
>
> I'm absolutely buzzing with excitement now. Can't wait to try that
> ride on my new stead!
> '' (http://www.mountainbiketales.com/Verdra2.htm)
>

> --
> SuzieB

Sounds like the bug has well and truly bitten. :) You'll be making people
hideously envious at Goat with the new ride.

Resound wrote:
> "SuzieB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Well, here's the stats for my "lazy sunday ride".
>>
>>Time out (including a stop at Startline for a coffee and energy bar) =
>>2hr, 48 minutes
>>Time pedalling = 2hr, 12min, 48secs
>>Distance = 46.31km
>>Average speed = 20.9 km/h
>>Maximum speed = 39.8 km/h
>>Calories burnt = 1808
>>Average heart rate = 144
>>
>>I just got carried away! I intended to go out for about a 10km ride so
>>from my place in Dingley I headed down to the roundabout where Nepean
>>Hwy and Beach Road meet and tottled up Beach Road. Originally, I was
>>going to turn up Warrigal Road but that turned into Black Rock and then
>>I thought I'd go to Sandringham and then I was feeling good so I thought
>>I'd go to Startline Cycle Fashions in Brighton and wow Caren with my new
>>found riding skills. Then of course I had to get home so did it the
>>quickest way I could although my pace by this stage was much slower!
>>I'm sure I can blame my heavy 'GT Timberline'
>>(http://tinyurl.com/8xuel) for that rather than my slow legs.
>>:rolleyes:
>>
>>I got passed by huge bunches of cyclists on Beach Road, first time I
>>tried pedalling to keep up but no hope, I was dropped faster than you
>>can say hot potato. Still, for the first time in about 15 years I went
>>out on a long solo ride and felt very happy and confident about it. I
>>feel like a genuine cyclist now. :) I did 46km in a day - bring on the
>>Around the Bay ride next year!
>>
>>Euan bought me a bike computer for my birthday (it's what I wanted!)
>>as I am very number fixated, hence all the details given above.
>>
>>Yesterday we had a look at some new bikes for me, possibilities are
>>Giant OCR Zero, Trek 1500 WSD or Alchemy which can be customised
>>depending on what I want. From my reading the full carbon Giant OCR
>>Zero sounds like best value for money but I can get the Ultegra
>>groupset on the Trek as well and build that into the Alchemy probably
>>all for similar pricing. It all comes down to the bike that feels best
>>in the end.
>>
>>I'm absolutely buzzing with excitement now. Can't wait to try that
>>ride on my new stead!
>>'' (http://www.mountainbiketales.com/Verdra2.htm)
>>

>>--
>>SuzieB
>>

> Sounds like the bug has well and truly bitten. :) You'll be making people
> hideously envious at Goat with the new ride.

We can let ytou play with kaths OCR zero. See what you think.