RR: London to Brighton

"LSMike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well, strictly speaking it's a skate report rather than a ride report,
> since I took 8 wheels.
>
> http://www.londonskaters.com/skate-trips-london-to-brighton-bhf-bike-ride-2007.html
>
> Lots of fun!

Well done Mike, I must take up my skating again ... they're all ready, but I
keep wondering how to carry skates on the bike ...

(I could then cycle to Richmond Park and practice a bit there ... my
backpack is too small).

On Jun 25, 4:51 pm, "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Well done Mike, I must take up my skating again ... they're all ready, but I
> keep wondering how to carry skates on the bike ...
>
> (I could then cycle to Richmond Park and practice a bit there ... my
> backpack is too small).

Cheers Nick! Up until now, I've been carrying my skates in a
Carradice long flap camper saddle bag on the fixed wheel upright, or
in a rack bag on the recumbent. Skates will easily fit in ordinary
panniers too. More recently I've acquired this bit of pr0n which has
a little more space:

http://www.londonskaters.com/cycling/images/P6080261.JPG

There have been a few changes since then as the rebuild continues.