RR: Longridge fell again (not errmmm, 'long' at all)....:

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Shaun Rimmer, Apr 30, 2003.

  1. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    (Late because I been busy, and Steve didn't want to pen it. Oh, someone kind will have a couple of
    photies up soon too, I believe).

    Well, right, it's like this see - Saturday afternoon, about 1:30-ish, our own dear Spademan
    was due to nip over to my place, the idea being to catch a quick couple of hours (heh) of
    riding on the fell.

    Anyhow, he arrived sometime after 1:30, we put the BASE in the back of the car, all snuggled up with
    his Turner, and promptly fecked orf to the carpark above Kemple End. Excitement was the blood in our
    veins.......

    Got there, got bikes out, set up, and hit the switchbacked fireroad climb. a massive 0.8 miles of
    climbing later, and we were at the top of the hill-ish. We stopped by a little pond there, and the
    Diggerboy proceeded to do his thang with a bit of a drop into the small basin. Good fun to watch,
    but I didn't follow him. No siree......

    After he'd gotten his jollies, we continued on, and I led more or less the same route as I'd done
    the previous week, along the fireroad a bit further, hang a right onto a nice bit of slightly uphill
    s/t (it were reight lovely), and back out onto fireroad. Follow this to the left for a ways, and
    we're turning off into the woods. Now, it's been pissing down with rain for a few days, so, it's a
    bit wet in places, but hey - we're real men, so, we persevere. In fact we persevered our way through
    the woods on a loamy track to that rock strewn climb I did last time, only this time it's wetter and
    slicker, and not too easy to keep going on at all. The piccyture of me on it is on an easier section
    of it than the harder sections were.....

    I'd had to take my glasses off earlier, 'cos they'd steamed up. Well, me, I forgets this, and trying
    to make a move over a big slippy lump of rock, I bury my head into a conifer, and get all pine
    needles right in my wide open eye. That hurt and my face became wet on my cheeks, but it was
    ultimately quite amusing. Hahaha.

    Rest of this bit went without incident, apart from the constant dabbing, sto pping and re-starting,
    and we climbed alright, Spademan doing the business on his Turner and spinning on up with me, and me
    huffin' and wheezin' along <coughsplutterwheeze gotta give up the smokes etc.>. We soon came out
    onto the more open stretch of trail, hills and valley to the right, trees to the left, two ribbons
    of s/t weaving in front of us toward the big white trig point, and we hammered our way along at
    breakneck speed (ain't that right Steve?!?), paused at the trig point for photies, then continued
    down the hill. I enjoy this next section, because I can get a bit of speed up, and it's fairly
    straight, so I don't have corners to deal with. We merrily bounce along, launching a bit off a few
    boulders and dirt ridges and generally having a merry old time, when suddenly and without warning,
    we're at a junction!

    So, since the track goes left, so do we, and onto a real shitty mudfest at the start of a short
    downhill. I try to get up onto a narrow track on the ridge at the side of the 'bog' that's supposed
    to be 'trail'. Anyhow, I fell over straight away, then when Steve got going again (ahem - !), he
    fell over too a bit later. 'Heee-heee' we laughed. It was funny!

    So, we ripped down this short section for all the world like pro' speed freaks, then we both hung a
    near instant l/h right angle onto some multi-singletrack-ish stuff again. Oh, did I tell you about
    the woman and the black dog? Well, earlier, this woman who had a black dog was near us, and her dog
    was angry at our bikes, so, she held on to it and let us go by unmolested. Then, a bit later, we
    passed her again. Then, on this particular trail section, they're both there again! 'We gotta stop
    meeting like this!' says she. The dog remained suspiciously silent. Bugger, thunk we, and slowed
    down. That meant it took longer to reach the next junction, so, we tootled along for 30 seconds,
    admiring the scenery.

    At the junction, I took the left last time, onto a narrow trail up through the heather and
    winberries, back up toward the trig point. This time, Steve and I opted to go right, into the woods
    and do some more 'splorin! Kewl, we got onto the narrow deep rutted track where I definitely didn't
    wobble in a rut and dab, and into the woods. This bit is a fun little DH (Steve jumping in the
    pictures), a bit swoopy with a few nice jumps - looks like it's been cut/added to by MTB'ers.

    After a few swoopy bits, there's this nice little jump, and Steve decides he wants a few runs at it,
    so, I get camera duty, and manage to catch him in the air a couple of times (he was way higher than
    it looks in the photos - I caught him when he was 90% through his landing - that right Steve?!?). He
    seemed to enjoy it!

    The trees close in just after the jumps, and open out again into a very muddy bit - looks like 4
    wheelers have been parking there or summink. Anyhow, through here and back onto F/R, take a nother
    left and find a rocky uphill section that leads back to the s/t to trig point. I enjoyed this little
    climb, but for me, it's more the sort of thing I'd like to descend on, because it's straight, but
    it's got rocks on it, so, I can pretend it's technical and 'Xtreem'.

    Whoah! That's us, back on the top of the hill, following the s/t, past the trig point in the other
    direction, and to the top of the rock strewn section we came up earlier. Steve is in front, and we
    have a try at some speed. Despite his protestations that this is a shit descent (can't gain enough
    momentum to get over the rocks well), Spademan leaves me standing...and errmmm, falling off to the
    side a couple of times too, and I bounce along jarringly, sliding off all the rocks until we come
    back to the muddy loam section through the trees, then out and onto the f/r again.

    We turn left and have a rip down the f/r towards my favourite section. Starts off as tight s/t
    through the trees, then gradually widens out to lots of s/t's weaving in and out of each other all
    about and around various obstacles, right under the canopy. I'm loving it, and presume Steve is too,
    heheheh - whooooo! I'm doing my bestest here to push myself a bit, and I'm loving it! Soon, we're
    thrown out of the tree cover (woody bit piccyture with me in it, coming out of trees wearing a
    gormless grin) and onto the top of the final, really cool twisty s/t DH (Steve's favourite, he
    says). Spademan goes in front, and he's off like a rocket. I soon lose sight of him as I cautiously
    descend right into a fir tree. 'Heh! That was fun!' thunk I as I picked myself back up and continued
    the slippy-in-places DH. Ahem. Well, I feel I'm going rather quickly, twisting and turning with the
    track, bouncing and launching and buzzing, but no sign of Diggerboy, the bastard, until I get to the
    bottom, where I find him in a log hut he's just built while waiting for me....

    He takes a trip back up a bit for the photo opportunity, and I catch him exiting the trail. Picture
    doesn't do the middle section of this run any justice at all - it really is a fun and tricky rip. Oh
    yeah baby! Ahem......

    Well, that's us back out on the road, and, after Steve scares me by looking at a drop right on the
    edge of a quarry wall, we pedal the few metres back to the car, pack up and head off back to mine.
    Steve has a cup of tea, I have a can of beer, we chat, look at the pictures, then he heads off home.

    2 hours time spent outside the car, 1 hour actual pedalling, and 7.01 miles covered - 'not bad for a
    quicky'. We're gonna have to hit that place again for a longer ride sometime - there's more to see
    there, I'm sure of
    it.',;~}~

    Cheers Steve Spademan Diggerboy - it were a right grand do!

    Shaun aRe - There, that wasn't too long was it?

    Tags:

  2. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:47:55 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    > (Late because I been busy, and Steve didn't want to pen it. Oh, someone kind will have a couple of
    > photies up soon too, I believe).

    [snip]

    Nice read. Makes me wish I wasn't at work :)

    -bruce

  3. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    bruce edge <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:47:55 +0100, Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >

    > > (Late because I been busy, and Steve didn't want to pen it. Oh, someone kind will have a couple
    > > of photies up soon too, I believe).
    > >
    > [snip]
    >
    > Nice read. Makes me wish I wasn't at work :)
    >
    > -bruce

    Cheers, it was a nice ride. Wish I wasn't at work too. Every day.

    Shaun aRe

  4. "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > (Late because I been busy, and Steve didn't want to pen it. Oh, someone
    kind
    > will have a couple of photies up soon too, I believe).

    No pressure eh bomba! when you're ready.

    > Well, right, it's like this see - Saturday afternoon, about 1:30-ish, our own dear Spademan was
    > due to nip over to my place, the idea being to catch
    > quick couple of hours (heh) of riding on the fell.

    > Got there, got bikes out, set up, and hit the switchbacked fireroad climb.
    > massive 0.8 miles of climbing later, and we were at the top of the
    hill-ish.
    > We stopped by a little pond there, and the Diggerboy proceeded to do his thang with a bit of a
    > drop into the small basin. Good fun to watch, but I didn't follow him. No siree......

    Not been out so much lately so I was a bit like an excitable ickle puppy....

    > After he'd gotten his jollies, we continued on, and I led more or less the same route as I'd done
    > the previous week, along the fireroad a bit
    further,
    > hang a right onto a nice bit of slightly uphill s/t (it were reight
    lovely),
    > and back out onto fireroad. Follow this to the left for a ways, and we're turning off into the
    > woods. Now, it's been pissing down with rain for a
    few
    > days, so, it's a bit wet in places, but hey - we're real men, so, we persevere. In fact we
    > persevered our way through the woods on a loamy
    track
    > to that rock strewn climb I did last time, only this time it's wetter and slicker, and not too
    > easy to keep going on at all. The piccyture of me on
    it
    > is on an easier section of it than the harder sections were.....

    I don't like climbs, no-one likes climbs, but this was quite a fun climb.

    > So, since the track goes left, so do we, and onto a real shitty mudfest at the start of a short
    > downhill. I try to get up onto a narrow track on the ridge at the side of the 'bog' that's
    > supposed to be 'trail'. Anyhow, I
    fell
    > over straight away, then when Steve got going again (ahem - !), he fell
    over
    > too a bit later. 'Heee-heee' we laughed. It was funny!

    I believe I executed an amazing dismount. Right into a swamp..

    > At the junction, I took the left last time, onto a narrow trail up through the heather and
    > winberries, back up toward the trig point. This time,
    Steve
    > and I opted to go right, into the woods and do some more 'splorin! Kewl,
    we
    > got onto the narrow deep rutted track where I definitely didn't wobble in
    > rut and dab, and into the woods. This bit is a fun little DH (Steve
    jumping
    > in the pictures), a bit swoopy with a few nice jumps - looks like it's
    been
    > cut/added to by MTB'ers.
    >
    > After a few swoopy bits, there's this nice little jump, and Steve decides
    he
    > wants a few runs at it, so, I get camera duty, and manage to catch him in the air a couple of
    > times (he was way higher than it looks in the photos -
    > caught him when he was 90% through his landing - that right Steve?!?).

    Errm, something like that. I enjoyed it anyway. Could do with a landing though, maybe I should bring
    me spade next time..

    > He seemed to enjoy it!

    Well there you go

    > Whoah! That's us, back on the top of the hill, following the s/t, past the trig point in the other
    > direction, and to the top of the rock strewn
    section
    > we came up earlier. Steve is in front, and we have a try at some speed. Despite his protestations
    > that this is a shit descent (can't gain enough momentum to get over the rocks well)

    If there had been a decent run up you could have entered the section with speed and momentum would
    have carried through much quicker. As it was you had to start off on the rocky bit and try and
    accelerate, which was feckin' hard work.

    > Spademan leaves me standing...

    Absoloutely pure skill that Shaun, with me on a 5" sus bike and you on a hardtail...

    > We turn left and have a rip down the f/r towards my favourite section. Starts off as tight s/t
    > through the trees, then gradually widens out to
    lots
    > of s/t's weaving in and out of each other all about and around various obstacles, right under the
    > canopy. I'm loving it, and presume Steve is
    too,
    > heheheh - whooooo!

    Yep, although my initial comments about bunnyhopping the trees which you mentioned lay across the
    track were soon discouraged by the fact that they were three foot off the floor....

    > Well, that's us back out on the road, and, after Steve scares me by
    looking
    > at a drop right on the edge of a quarry wall, we pedal the few metres back to the car, pack up and
    > head off back to mine.

    (boring bit) On the way back we passed by a beautiful historic stone arch bridge, which Shaun
    informs me is called "Cromwells bridge", no-one knows why though...There's a pic somewhere.

    > Steve has a cup of tea, I have a can of beer, we chat, look at the pictures, then he heads
    > off home.

    I got to meet up with Shauns missus who seemed to be remarkably unscarred after Shaun moving in....
    Shaun even treated me to a bit of drum and bass, without the bass, on his homemade drums.

    > 2 hours time spent outside the car, 1 hour actual pedalling, and 7.01
    miles
    > covered - 'not bad for a quicky'. We're gonna have to hit that place again for a longer ride
    > sometime - there's more to see there, I'm sure of
    > it.',;~}~
    >

    > Cheers Steve Spademan Diggerboy - it were a right grand do!

    No problem, not bad for an hours drive. BTW On the way back the roads were pretty slippy, having
    been dry for months then heavy rain. I found myself driving behind a ferrari, and trying my best not
    to fixate on the bumper. Don't look at it, you'll hit it, aarrggh..

    Steve E.

  5. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:47:55 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
    >doesn't do the middle section of this run any justice at all - it really is a fun and tricky rip.
    >Oh yeah baby! Ahem......
    >
    >Well, that's us back out on the road, and, after Steve scares me by looking at a drop right on
    >the edge of a quarry wall, we pedal the few metres back to the car, pack up and head off back to
    >mine. Steve has a cup of tea, I have a can of beer, we chat, look at the pictures, then he heads
    >off home.
    >
    >2 hours time spent outside the car, 1 hour actual pedalling, and 7.01 miles covered - 'not bad for
    >a quicky'. We're gonna have to hit that place again for a longer ride sometime - there's more to
    >see there, I'm sure of
    >it.',;~}~
    >

    >Cheers Steve Spademan Diggerboy - it were a right grand do!
    >

    >Shaun aRe - There, that wasn't too long was it?

    Uh, if you say so. But a good read nonetheless!

    Dave

  6. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message

    <bits snipped throughout>

    > > (Late because I been busy, and Steve didn't want to pen it. Oh, someone
    > kind
    > > will have a couple of photies up soon too, I believe).
    >
    > No pressure eh bomba! when you're ready.

    Yeah, we ain't waitin' on ya or nuffink.........

    > > We stopped by a little pond there, and the Diggerboy proceeded to do his thang with a bit of a
    > > drop into the small basin. Good fun to watch, but I didn't follow him. No siree......
    >
    > Not been out so much lately so I was a bit like an excitable ickle puppy....

    Ahhh, I know, and you were so sweeeeet with the bouncing and the jumping up and down and the tail
    wagging and stuff! Heheheheh......

    > > to that rock strewn climb I did last time, only this time it's wetter
    and
    > > slicker, and not too easy to keep going on at all. The piccyture of me
    on
    > it
    > > is on an easier section of it than the harder sections were.....
    >
    > I don't like climbs, no-one likes climbs, but this was quite a fun climb.

    I love climbs, but my lungs are in disagreement...........

    > > So, since the track goes left, so do we, and onto a real shitty mudfest
    at
    > > the start of a short downhill. I try to get up onto a narrow track on
    the
    > > ridge at the side of the 'bog' that's supposed to be 'trail'. Anyhow, I
    > fell
    > > over straight away, then when Steve got going again (ahem - !), he fell
    > over
    > > too a bit later. 'Heee-heee' we laughed. It was funny!
    > >

    > I believe I executed an amazing dismount. Right into a swamp..

    It was soooo kewl! Heheheheh........way rad stylie dude........

    > > After a few swoopy bits, there's this nice little jump, and Steve
    decides
    > he
    > > wants a few runs at it, so, I get camera duty, and manage to catch him
    in
    > > the air a couple of times (he was way higher than it looks in the
    photos -
    > > caught him when he was 90% through his landing - that right Steve?!?).
    >
    > Errm, something like that. I enjoyed it anyway. Could do with a landing though, maybe I should
    > bring me spade next time..

    Yeah, we can dig it.

    > > He seemed to enjoy it!
    >
    > Well there you go

    Boldly, where angels fear to tread and all that?

    > > Whoah! That's us, back on the top of the hill, following the s/t, past
    the
    > > trig point in the other direction, and to the top of the rock strewn
    > section
    > > we came up earlier. Steve is in front, and we have a try at some speed. Despite his
    > > protestations that this is a shit descent (can't gain enough momentum to get over the
    > > rocks well)
    >
    > If there had been a decent run up you could have entered the section with speed and momentum would
    > have carried through much quicker. As it was you had to start off on the rocky bit and try and
    > accelerate, which was
    feckin'
    > hard work.

    Aye, it was at that, heheheheh...... two feet, stop, start two feet, stop etc....

    > > Spademan leaves me standing...
    >
    > Absoloutely pure skill that Shaun, with me on a 5" sus bike and you on a hardtail...

    That's what I figured! You forgot a part of the equation though - I have on the back wheel of the
    bike, one of the highest volume 2.6 tyres in existence, and it contained a meagre air pressure of
    16-18 psi, giving me some nice squish, and reasonable traction....even if the centre tread is almost
    none existent now from road abuse.....

    > > We turn left and have a rip down the f/r towards my favourite section. Starts off as tight s/t
    > > through the trees, then gradually widens out to
    > lots
    > > of s/t's weaving in and out of each other all about and around various obstacles, right under
    > > the canopy. I'm loving it, and presume Steve is
    > too,
    > > heheheh - whooooo!
    >
    > Yep, although my initial comments about bunnyhopping the trees which you mentioned lay across the
    > track were soon discouraged by the fact that they were three foot off the floor....

    Heheheheh - I'd have liked to see you try to pull that move off ',;~}~

    Like I said - really could do with going back with a saw and axe for those three trees - people are
    just cutting around them and making a mess - they're dangerous where they are. Other option I
    suppose, is a BC style board ride up and over them, heheheheh.....

    > > Well, that's us back out on the road, and, after Steve scares me by
    > looking
    > > at a drop right on the edge of a quarry wall, we pedal the few metres
    back
    > > to the car, pack up and head off back to mine.
    >
    > (boring bit) On the way back we passed by a beautiful historic stone arch bridge, which Shaun
    > informs me is called "Cromwells bridge", no-one knows why though...There's a pic somewhere.

    Indeed - if I wasn't lazy, I'd google it. Oh, since I started this reply late yesterday and had to
    save it, I have a little to add that I found in a tourist thingy last night - Cromwell took over
    what is now the Stonyhurst College and housed an army there. They later marched to, fought, and won
    the Battle of Preston. I think he and his men built that bridge to get troupes and horses back and
    forth across the river there.

    > > Steve has a cup of tea, I have a can of beer, we chat, look at the pictures, then he heads off
    home.

    > I got to meet up with Shauns missus who seemed to be remarkably unscarred after Shaun
    > moving in....

    That's 'cos she's a gorgeous-ace-star-woman-Goddess! What's more, despite the fact that it may
    appear otherwise, I'm actually _not_ a total shit.

    > Shaun even treated me to a bit of drum and bass, without the bass, on his homemade drums.

    Heheheh - wish I could actually play them properly. If you'd had more time, Kath might have got out
    the big Djembe (fantastic drums - one drum, many sounds) and shown you how it's really done ',;~}~

    > > 2 hours time spent outside the car, 1 hour actual pedalling, and 7.01
    > miles
    > > covered - 'not bad for a quicky'. We're gonna have to hit that place
    again
    > > for a longer ride sometime - there's more to see there, I'm sure of
    > > it.',;~}~
    > >

    > > Cheers Steve Spademan Diggerboy - it were a right grand do!
    >
    > No problem, not bad for an hours drive.

    Cool. Been looking at some small hiker maps/walk descriptions leaflets for the area. Given me more
    of a clue what's there and where to find it. I'll ask Kath to drop me there one morning, and do a
    good explore, peg everything to memory, and draw in some routes on the map thingy.

    > BTW On the way back the roads were pretty slippy, having been dry for months then heavy rain. I
    > found myself driving behind a ferrari, and trying my best not to fixate on the bumper. Don't look
    > at it, you'll hit it, aarrggh..

    Heheheheh - glad you made it back alright without rear ending a posh car.

    In a bit!

    Shaun aRe

  7. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    spademan o---[) * wrote:

    >>(Late because I been busy, and Steve didn't want to pen it. Oh, someone
    >
    > kind
    >
    >>will have a couple of photies up soon too, I believe).
    >

    > No pressure eh bomba! when you're ready.

    I'm currently having computer problems. I'll get them up as soon as I can.

  8. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Dave W <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:47:55 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >(Late because I been busy, and Steve didn't want to pen it. Oh, someone
    kind
    > >will have a couple of photies up soon too, I believe).

    <errmmm, 'small' snip, heheheh>

    > >2 hours time spent outside the car, 1 hour actual pedalling, and 7.01
    miles
    > >covered - 'not bad for a quicky'. We're gonna have to hit that place
    again
    > >for a longer ride sometime - there's more to see there, I'm sure of
    > >it.',;~}~
    > >

    > >Cheers Steve Spademan Diggerboy - it were a right grand do!
    > >

    > >Shaun aRe - There, that wasn't too long was it?
    >
    > Uh, if you say so.

    I do, but I'm lying.

    > But a good read nonetheless!

    Cheers Davy ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe - It's the Ride that makes the RR.

  9. <bits snipped throughout>

    > > > (Late because I been busy, and Steve didn't want to pen it.
    Oh, someone
    > > kind
    > > > will have a couple of photies up soon too, I believe).
    > >
    > > No pressure eh bomba! when you're ready.
    >
    > Yeah, we ain't waitin' on ya or nuffink.........

    drum drum drum drum. tsk. drum drum drum drum. tut tut. drum drum drum drum..

    > > Yep, although my initial comments about bunnyhopping the trees which you mentioned lay across
    > > the track were soon discouraged by the fact that
    they
    > > were three foot off the floor....
    >
    > Heheheheh - I'd have liked to see you try to pull that move off ',;~}~
    >
    > Like I said - really could do with going back with a saw and axe for those three trees - people
    > are just cutting around them and making a mess - they're dangerous where they are. Other option I
    > suppose, is a BC style board ride up and over them, heheheheh.....

    Thats not a bad idea actually, but you'd have to make sure there was a go around route for the less
    enthusiastic. I would definitely be up for putting the effort in if needed.

    > > (boring bit) On the way back we passed by a beautiful historic stone
    arch
    > > bridge, which Shaun informs me is called "Cromwells bridge", no-one
    knows
    > > why though...There's a pic somewhere.
    >
    > Indeed - if I wasn't lazy, I'd google it. Oh, since I started this reply late yesterday and had to
    > save it, I have a little to add that I found in
    > tourist thingy last night - Cromwell took over what is now the Stonyhurst College and housed an
    > army there. They later marched to, fought, and won
    the
    > Battle of Preston. I think he and his men built that bridge to get troupes and horses back and
    > forth across the river there.

    Ah, isn't it nice to have so much history around you eh Shaun.

    > > I got to meet up with Shauns missus who seemed to be remarkably
    unscarred
    > > after Shaun moving in....
    >
    > That's 'cos she's a gorgeous-ace-star-woman-Goddess! What's more, despite the fact that it may
    > appear otherwise, I'm actually _not_ a total shit.

    Yeah, I was just feckin' with yer. There is one thing that I was wondering about though, Kaths dog,
    it was a terrier cross right - did they run out of golden labs then?

    Oh and I forgot to say, nice RR. t'was almost like I was there.

    Steve E.

  10. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > <bits snipped throughout>

    > Oh, someone
    > > > kind
    > > >
    > > > No pressure eh bomba! when you're ready.
    > >
    > > Yeah, we ain't waitin' on ya or nuffink.........
    >
    > drum drum drum drum. tsk. drum drum drum drum. tut tut. drum drum drum drum..

    'Pooter probs, says himself........

    > > > Yep, although my initial comments about bunnyhopping the trees which
    you
    > > > mentioned lay across the track were soon discouraged by the fact that
    > they
    > > > were three foot off the floor....
    > >
    > > Heheheheh - I'd have liked to see you try to pull that move off ',;~}~
    > >
    > > Like I said - really could do with going back with a saw and axe for
    those
    > > three trees - people are just cutting around them and making a mess - they're dangerous where
    > > they are. Other option I suppose, is a BC style board ride up and over them, heheheheh.....
    >
    > Thats not a bad idea actually, but you'd have to make sure there was a go around route for the
    > less enthusiastic. I would definitely be up for
    putting
    > the effort in if needed.

    Aye, might be fun, but I don't know what the forresting company would have to say about it - don't
    forget, that place is an active private business.

    > > > (boring bit) On the way back we passed by a beautiful historic stone
    > arch
    > > > bridge, which Shaun informs me is called "Cromwells bridge", no-one
    > knows
    > > > why though...There's a pic somewhere.
    > >
    > > Indeed - if I wasn't lazy, I'd google it. Oh, since I started this reply late yesterday and had
    > > to save it, I have a little to add that I found
    in
    > > tourist thingy last night - Cromwell took over what is now the
    Stonyhurst
    > > College and housed an army there. They later marched to, fought, and won
    > the
    > > Battle of Preston. I think he and his men built that bridge to get
    troupes
    > > and horses back and forth across the river there.
    >
    > Ah, isn't it nice to have so much history around you eh Shaun.

    And I'm getting on to be a piece of it at a wizened 34 years of age, heheheheh.....

    > > > I got to meet up with Shauns missus who seemed to be remarkably
    > unscarred
    > > > after Shaun moving in....
    > >
    > > That's 'cos she's a gorgeous-ace-star-woman-Goddess! What's more,
    despite
    > > the fact that it may appear otherwise, I'm actually _not_ a total shit.
    >
    > Yeah, I was just feckin' with yer.

    Oh, I know! Heheheheheh

    > There is one thing that I was wondering about though, Kaths dog, it was a terrier cross right -
    > did they run out
    of
    > golden labs then?

    Eh? Sorry Steve dude - you lost me there..........

    > Oh and I forgot to say, nice RR. t'was almost like I was there.

    Cheers - it was almost like you were there.

    Shaun aRe

  11. > > > > I got to meet up with Shauns missus who seemed to be remarkably
    > > unscarred
    > > >
    > > > That's 'cos she's a gorgeous-ace-star-woman-Goddess! What's more,
    > despite
    > > > the fact that it may appear otherwise, I'm actually _not_ a total
    shit.

    > > Yeah, I was just feckin' with yer.
    >
    > Oh, I know! Heheheheheh
    >
    > > There is one thing that I was wondering about though, Kaths dog, it was a terrier cross right -
    > > did they run out
    > of
    > > golden labs then?
    >
    > Eh? Sorry Steve dude - you lost me there..........

    Couldn't see Kaths white stick either....

  12. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > > unscarred

    > > despite
    > shit.
    > > >
    > > > Yeah, I was just feckin' with yer.
    > >
    > > Oh, I know! Heheheheheh
    > >
    > > > There is one thing that I was wondering about though, Kaths dog, it was a terrier cross right
    > > > - did they run
    out
    > > of
    > > > golden labs then?
    > >
    > > Eh? Sorry Steve dude - you lost me there..........
    > >

    > Couldn't see Kaths white stick either....

    Maybe *you're* blind, or maybe she just doesn't have one, or need one, or, oh STFU ya eejit.

    Oh, and you've lost an apostrophe (again) Steve.

    Shaun aRe

  13. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    > out
    >
    >>>of

    >>>Eh? Sorry Steve dude - you lost me there..........
    >>>

    >>Couldn't see Kaths white stick either....
    >

    > Maybe *you're* blind,

    So she does have a golden lab then?

  14. "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...

    > > > despite
    > > shit.

    > > > Oh, I know! Heheheheheh

    > out
    > > > of
    > > >
    > > > Eh? Sorry Steve dude - you lost me there..........
    > > >

    > > Couldn't see Kaths white stick either....
    >
    > Maybe *you're* blind, or maybe she just doesn't have one, or need one, or, oh STFU ya eejit.

    Well you did make me explain it, twas a subtle dig otherwise

    > Oh, and you've lost an apostrophe (again) Steve.

    I never understood apostrophes, never did and probably never will.

    > Shaun aRe

    Steve E.

  15. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > > out

    > >>Couldn't see Kaths white stick either....
    > >

    > > Maybe *you're* blind,
    >
    > So she does have a golden lab then?

    Nope. Maybe you're stupid?

    Geeze - it's amazing how people un-learn their reading comprehension abilities to suit.......

    Shaun aRe

  16. "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > out

    > >>Couldn't see Kaths white stick either....
    > >

    > > Maybe *you're* blind,
    >
    > So she does have a golden lab then?

    Hey get back to work, shouldn't you be putting pics up!

  17. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > > > Couldn't see Kaths white stick either....
    > >
    > > Maybe *you're* blind, or maybe she just doesn't have one, or need one,
    or,
    > > oh STFU ya eejit.
    >
    > Well you did make me explain it, twas a subtle dig otherwise

    Aye, that's about right, or summink.......

    > > Oh, and you've lost an apostrophe (again) Steve.
    >
    > I never understood apostrophes, never did and probably never will.

    Shoulda said "Kath's" - needs an apostrophe if it is a posessive noun thingy or summink......

    Shaun aRe

  18. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    spademan o---[) * wrote:

    > Hey get back to work, shouldn't you be putting pics up!

    Having a 'mare. After initial problems, eventually managed to re-route everything so that I could
    get them from the machine at work (holiday today, so I'm at home), did the page and now the FTP
    server has locked me out. I've been waiting for the last two hours for a response from their support
    department.

  19. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > spademan o---[) * wrote:
    >
    > > Hey get back to work, shouldn't you be putting pics up!
    >
    > Having a 'mare. After initial problems, eventually managed to re-route everything so that I could
    > get them from the machine at work (holiday today, so I'm at home), did the page and now the FTP
    > server has locked me out. I've been waiting for the last two hours for a response from their
    > support department.

    Shitty techy new fangled 'pooter shits. Cheers for the efforts Jon.

    Shaun aRe

  20. "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > spademan o---[) * wrote:
    >
    > > Hey get back to work, shouldn't you be putting pics up!
    >
    > Having a 'mare. After initial problems, eventually managed to re-route everything so that I could
    > get them from the machine at work (holiday today, so I'm at home), did the page and now the FTP
    > server has locked me out. I've been waiting for the last two hours for a response from their
    > support department.

    F*ckin' 'ell been waiting all bleedin' day! Right, I'll do it myself then, let me see errm yes thats
    it, no wait hmm aha. oops ..... sh*t. Okay Bomba, as you were, take your time 'ol mate.

    Steve E.