RR: Maiden Voyage



R

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
So I took the new bike for a workout. The maiden voyage was certainly a
little bit of everything. We hit Buffalo Creek and I have to say this
thing climbs every bit as well, if not better than the Titus Racer-X.
So the bike got to experience, dry conditions, rocks, decomposed
granite, sand, and then all the above mixed with a torrential downpour.
Pure fun!

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5738.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5739.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5740.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5741.jpg

We came across quite a few downed trees going up Tramway.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5742.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5743.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5744.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5745.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5746.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5747.jpg

Quite a few singlespeeders as well.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5748.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5749.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5750.jpg

Thunder, cold rain, mud, and a smile. Now I know why this bike is so
popular out here.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5752.jpg


--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
 
R

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
?Slack wrote:
> On Sun, 20 May 2007 18:07:14 -0700, Ride-A-Lot
> <[email protected][nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote:
>>
>> Thunder, cold rain, mud, and a smile. Now I know why this bike is so
>> popular out here.
>>
>> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5752.jpg
>>
>>

>
> Dude, how 'bout a fashion warning next time.


Oh please. It was raining and my friend lent me his extra jacket. I'm
a mountain biker, not peacock roadie.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
 
?

=?utf-8?B?4paAU2xhY2s=?=

Guest
On Sun, 20 May 2007 21:14:37 -0700, Ride-A-Lot
<[email protected][nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote:

> ?Slack wrote:
>> On Sun, 20 May 2007 18:07:14 -0700, Ride-A-Lot
>> <[email protected][nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thunder, cold rain, mud, and a smile. Now I know why this bike is so
>>> popular out here.
>>>
>>> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5752.jpg
>>>
>>>

>> Dude, how 'bout a fashion warning next time.

>
> Oh please. It was raining and my friend lent me his extra jacket. I'm
> a mountain biker, not peacock roadie.
>



Guess I forgot the :p
--
Slack
 
R

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
JD wrote:
> On May 20, 9:08 pm, â–€Slack <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Sun, 20 May 2007 18:07:14 -0700, Ride-A-Lot
>>
>> <[email protected][nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote:
>>
>>> Thunder, cold rain, mud, and a smile. Now I know why this bike is so
>>> popular out here.
>>> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5752.jpg

>> Dude, how 'bout a fashion warning next time.
>> --
>> Slack

>
>
> Yeah, what's all of that garbage attached to the handlebars?
>
> JD
>


:)

The GPS? I was actually using it to flag waypoints where the trees were
down, so the rangers can get to them with the chainsaw. There were
quite a few assholes already braiding the trail instead of going over
the fall.


--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
 
R

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
?Slack wrote:
> On Sun, 20 May 2007 21:14:37 -0700, Ride-A-Lot
> <[email protected][nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote:
>
>> ?Slack wrote:
>>> On Sun, 20 May 2007 18:07:14 -0700, Ride-A-Lot
>>> <[email protected][nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Thunder, cold rain, mud, and a smile. Now I know why this bike is
>>>> so popular out here.
>>>>
>>>> http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5752.jpg
>>>>
>>>>
>>> Dude, how 'bout a fashion warning next time.

>>
>> Oh please. It was raining and my friend lent me his extra jacket.
>> I'm a mountain biker, not peacock roadie.
>>

>
>
> Guess I forgot the :p


No. I knew you were kidding. I'll say it now. I like the bike pants.
They hold my nuts in place. When I ride in shorts I get nasty
chaffing, even with sportslick. I'm a hairy guy, what can I say?

I know, TMI.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
 
C

Corvus Corvax

Guest
On May 21, 3:51 pm, JD <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Yeah, what's all of that garbage attached to the handlebars?


I finally stripped the computer off the fixie. Now the only thing
mounted to the bars is a bell. It really is amazing the psychological
effect: it's the closest I can get to feeling like a kid again.
Actually, I vividly remember the first bicycle speedometer I got when
I was a kid. One of those insane bulky cable-operated chrome Schwinn
things:

http://tinyurl.com/3dkpkh

My dad mounted it to the bars, and I took off down the street,
pedaling as hard as I could and staring intently at the speedo, and
ran straight into a phone pole.

Back to the thread, however: RAL really does look like a big beet.

CC
 
G

G.T.

Guest
"Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On May 21, 3:51 pm, JD <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, what's all of that garbage attached to the handlebars?

>
> I finally stripped the computer off the fixie. Now the only thing
> mounted to the bars is a bell. It really is amazing the psychological
> effect: it's the closest I can get to feeling like a kid again.


Ay.

G
--
"Up in the clouds
ah up in the clouds
down in the dirt
it's so good
so good it hurts" - The Mekons
 
R

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
Corvus Corvax wrote:
>
> Back to the thread, however: RAL really does look like a big beet.
>
> CC
>


That's just plain mean. It wasn't my jacket!!!!!!!!

Had I brought it with me, I would have been wearing this...

http://tinyurl.com/3x4blr

Not that it is much better.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
 
L

LIBERATOR

Guest
On May 21, 2:19 pm, Ride-A-Lot <[email protected][nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote:
> ?Slack wrote:
> > On Sun, 20 May 2007 21:14:37 -0700, Ride-A-Lot
> > <[email protected][nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote:

>
> >> ?Slack wrote:
> >>> On Sun, 20 May 2007 18:07:14 -0700, Ride-A-Lot
> >>> <[email protected][nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote:

>
> >>>> Thunder, cold rain, mud, and a smile. Now I know why this bike is
> >>>> so popular out here.

>
> >>>>http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/052007/IMG_5752.jpg

>
> >>> Dude, how 'bout a fashion warning next time.

>
> >> Oh please. It was raining and my friend lent me his extra jacket.
> >> I'm a mountain biker, not peacock roadie.

>
> > Guess I forgot the :p

>
> No. I knew you were kidding. I'll say it now. I like the bike pants.
> They hold my nuts in place. When I ride in shorts I get nasty
> chaffing, even with sportslick. I'm a hairy guy, what can I say?
>
> I know, TMI.
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


What nuts you have a vagina, and boobys, very very noticeable boobys.

Why don't you flash us, I know women that are jealous of you
BoobyLot.... hahaha...