RR Maintenance.......OT So There ;-P

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bill Wheeler, Jan 27, 2003.

  1. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    Replaced the rear cassette. Went from a 20 x 12 rear to a 28 x 14 (six speed free wheel)

    New rings on front 39 and 52.

    New tires Specialized Turbo's 700 x 23 125 max psi

    New chain KMC

    Was going to build a new set of wheels but decided to not to after overhauling the hubs.

    (can't believe how simple bikes can be)

    I'm gearing the bike for a very hilly course I'll be riding in May. Pushing the 39 x 20 up those
    hills was good but I need to work on a higher cadence.

    I expect to loose top end speed on the flats but with this course I'll more than make up for it on
    the hills.

    And some of you thought I only road an SS ;-)

    Bill(strong roadie scum tendencies are beginning to show)Wheeler. Waddidyaexpect? I took a day off
    today....had to do something while the kids were in school.

    Where's my lycra?!.

    :-]

    Tags:

  2. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > And some of you thought I only _road_ an SS ;-)

    Nice. Nothing like a freudian slip to set the record straight about your true cycling nature. =P

    -John Morgan emphasis added.

  3. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 02:21:10 GMT, "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> And some of you thought I only _road_ an SS ;-)
    >
    >Nice. Nothing like a freudian slip to set the record straight about your true cycling nature. =P
    >
    >-John Morgan emphasis added.

    That's no freudian slip, that's just my dumb ass not speelling coorectly,

    lliB

    :-]

  4. Westie

    Westie Guest

    news:eek:[email protected]...
    > Replaced the rear cassette. Went from a 20 x 12 rear to a 28 x 14 (six speed free wheel)
    >
    > New rings on front 39 and 52.
    >
    > New tires Specialized Turbo's 700 x 23 125 max psi
    >
    > New chain KMC
    >
    > Was going to build a new set of wheels but decided to not to after overhauling the hubs.
    >
    > (can't believe how simple bikes can be)
    >
    > I'm gearing the bike for a very hilly course I'll be riding in May. Pushing the 39 x 20 up those
    > hills was good but I need to work on a higher cadence.
    >
    > I expect to loose top end speed on the flats but with this course I'll more than make up for it on
    > the hills.
    >
    > And some of you thought I only road an SS ;-)
    >
    > Bill(strong roadie scum tendencies are beginning to show)Wheeler. Waddidyaexpect? I took a day off
    > today....had to do something while the kids were in school.
    >
    > Where's my lycra?!.

    Don't forget to make sure that it's _dayglo_ lycra :)

    Westie -"nuthin' but the best stoof in thas hoose!"

  5. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 02:21:10 GMT, "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >> And some of you thought I only _road_ an SS ;-)
    > >
    > >Nice. Nothing like a freudian slip to set the record straight about your true cycling nature. =P
    > >
    > >-John Morgan emphasis added.
    > >
    > That's no freudian slip, that's just my dumb ass not speelling coorectly,

    If ya spell with yer ass, what do ya expect?

    Shaun aRe

  6. Antoon

    Antoon Guest

    ------=_NextPart_000_008B_01C2DE98.DF19F210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

    ?arial?verdana?lucida sorry ff teste ------=_NextPart_000_008B_01C2DE98.DF19F210 Content-Type:
    text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META
    http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
    6.00.2800.1141" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2> <BODY>
    <DIV>=80arial<FONT face=3DVerdana>=80verdana=80lucida</FONT></DIV>
    <DV><FONT face=3DVerdana>sorry ff = teste</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML></FONT></FONT>

    ------=_NextPart_000_008B_01C2DE98.DF19F210--

  7. Antoon

    Antoon Guest

    '[email protected] (supabonbon) wrote in message\n news:<[email protected]>...\n> [email protected] (Dave) wrote in message\n> news:<[email protected]>...\n> > Talk about your basic lack of self control. How many fish did I catch? How many of you idiots\n> > really showed your intelligence level in that thread? It\'s a damn good thing I\'m a well\n> > adjusted, (mentally and spiritually)person, or my feelings might have been hurt, and I might\n> > have hurt myself..... or someone else.\n>\n> That\'s kinda funny. Did I not predict EXACTLY this scenario under your last post, in writing? Do\n> you step into dogshit every time you take a walk? /s\n\nOnly when I walk through the sacred halls of Am-B! cuz about 95% is dog shit...\n\nDo you fall in that catagory?'