RR: More Single Speeding

>> That is a very good price on an A70, I paid more than that for mine.
>>

> It was on sale at buy.com, I even scored free shipping.
>
> Greg

at the time, the local place I got it from was the same as anything I could find on the web.

I still think my old nikon coolpix had better optics, tho.

penny

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:33:54 -0000, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:
> "ZeeExSixAre" <[email protected]> had this to say
> news:[email protected]
>
>> ttp://community.webshots.com/photo/120249685/120252987zuCQuH
>>>
>>> Also, there are several "chute" runs where you are literally 2-3 feet
>> below
>>> the surface, riding in ravines. (for lack of a better term.)
>>>
>>> Dave
>>>

>> What camera are you using for these shots? A disposable? Chromatic abberation... I want to gouge
>> out my eyes ;)
>>

> a POS Oregon Scientific DS 6618 credit card camera. (It was a freebie, should I give it back?) I'm
> now in the market for a new digi. Got any ideas? ($250-300 range)
>
> Dave (sorry :(

I LOVE the Canon "S" models...the Digital Elphs...think they're up to S400 now. They are wicked
small, rugged (I've flopped on mine plenty) and full featured. Perfect for the C'back.

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 07:58:22 -0800, Penny S <[email protected]> wrote:
> Paladin stood on a soapbox and shouted to anyone who would listen :
>>> Yellow Pine? Adam the wildman sounds like he may show??
>>>
>>> penny
>>

>> luv too. when are you going to be there? There's an annual harmonica festival I've always wanted
>> to see, and wouldn't it be amazing if they were the same weekend.
>>
>> paladin
>

> Gman, too. Hey, anyone that can find Yellow Pine on a map is welcome. Details are kind of sketchy
> at this point, but it's 4th Of July weekend. Mainly it's a class V cataraft rendezvous (
> http://www.specialtyoutdoors.com/penny/boating/boating.asp for the curious) on the E fk of the S
> fork Salmon. I told Craig I'd join if he thgought there'd be some riding. Adam seems to think
> there's trails up there, he would know. I"m a little concerned about how snow covered everything
> might be. Another option is that I can take a rig and ride somewhere else while the guys are out
> on the water - I don't do class 5 scares the **** out of me.
>
> So, I'll y'all posted.
>
> penny

I'd be interested...keep us posted. Though AMB-ID is the end of that month, right? Might be out of
kitchen passes if I go to Yellow Pine.

At 03:14 PM 2/24/04 -0800, Eric Lafferty wrote:
>Mike,

>I understand that you hate bicyclists, and that's fine.

No, it isn't. It is a lie. I am a bicyclist myself. I hate MOUNTAIN BIKING. How can one hate people
as pathetically addicted to a destructive sport as mountain bikers are?

> Everyone is
entitled to their own opinion.

>However, I think that's incredibly disrespectful and shows extremely
poor taste to post an article that tells that someone has died, and give it a title that such as
"Mountain Biking Takes Another Victim."

That's just the truth. I know that mountain bikers HATE for anyone to tell the truth about their
selfish sport.

> Can't
you set aside your propaganda war long enough to actually think that this a human who has died.

What about all the animals and plants that died, as a result of his activities? Aren't they
important? Or are humans more important, no matter what they do?

>Your arguments had little credibility with me prior to the post. After
this post I wonder if you are simply an unfeeling monster. I'm sad this person died, it could have
happened to anyone that enjoys the outdoors - hiker, biker, bird watcher, etc.

Nonsense. He does SPECIFICALLY because he was RACING A MOUNTAIN BIKE. No one else would have been
hurt by seeing a hole in the trail.

> I'm saddened by his death, and I'm
appalled at you and your post.

I'm appalled by mountain bikers' total inability to tell the truth! You are one of the lowest forms
of human life. That is not hate; that is just FACT, judging by your own behavior. You are saddened
by the death of a mountain biker, but NOT by his destruction of the natural environment!

>Eric

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

How come you never actually SAY anything?

You NEVER provide any proof of what you say. Your comments are mostly hearsay, and personal
observation. the fact is thast even if 100% of all bike routes were EXCLUSIVELY bike routes AND were
entirely the environmental wasteland that you claim they are, the total impact to the environment
would be less than .0004%. That very small number REQUIRES the devistation of 100% of all bike
routes, AND it requires 1 mile of trail for each square mile of habitat. The habitat has less than a
mile of trail for each square mile, and the FACT is that 100% of all trails is not an environmental
wasteland.

This is the truth. Why can't you address it intelligently?

"Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> How come you never actually SAY anything?
>
> You NEVER provide any proof of what you say. Your comments are mostly hearsay, and personal
> observation. the fact is thast even if 100% of all bike routes were EXCLUSIVELY bike routes AND
> were entirely the
environmental
> wasteland that you claim they are, the total impact to the environment
would
> be less than .0004%. That very small number REQUIRES the devistation of
100%
> of all bike routes, AND it requires 1 mile of trail for each square mile
of
> habitat. The habitat has less than a mile of trail for each square mile,
and
> the FACT is that 100% of all trails is not an environmental wasteland.
>
> This is the truth. Why can't you address it intelligently?

I'm waiting ...

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:12:22 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

.How come you never actually SAY anything? . .You NEVER provide any proof of what you say. Your
comments are mostly .hearsay, and personal observation. the fact is thast even if 100% of all .bike
routes were EXCLUSIVELY bike routes AND were entirely the environmental .wasteland that you claim
they are, the total impact to the environment would .be less than .0004%. That very small number
REQUIRES the devistation of 100% .of all bike routes, AND it requires 1 mile of trail for each
square mile of .habitat. The habitat has less than a mile of trail for each square mile, and .the
FACT is that 100% of all trails is not an environmental wasteland. . .This is the truth. Why can't
you address it intelligently?

I already did, many times. You ignored the answer, proving that you aren't listening.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Actually, Mike is right. Mountain biking is very dangerous. I've gotten the **** beaten out of me
mountain biking. However, I remember when I was a kid, and we used to go out in the woods and chop
down trees for fun. Man, did we create some devastation! I suggest we all get back at Ma Nature
for all the skin we've lost. Let's sell our bikes, get atv's and chainsaws and KICK SOME WOODSY
OWL ASS!!!

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:45:30 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> How come you never actually SAY anything? .> .> You
NEVER provide any proof of what you say. Your comments are mostly .> hearsay, and personal
observation. the fact is thast even if 100% of all .> bike routes were EXCLUSIVELY bike routes AND
were entirely the .environmental .> wasteland that you claim they are, the total impact to the
environment .would .> be less than .0004%. That very small number REQUIRES the devistation of .100%
.> of all bike routes, AND it requires 1 mile of trail for each square mile .of .> habitat. The
habitat has less than a mile of trail for each square mile, .and .> the FACT is that 100% of all
trails is not an environmental wasteland. .> .> This is the truth. Why can't you address it
intelligently? .> . .I'm waiting ...

I already answered you many times in the past, but you are too stupid to understand it.
===

Don W wrote:

>Actually, Mike is right. Mountain biking is very dangerous. I've gotten the **** beaten out of me
>mountain biking. However, I remember when I was a kid, and we used to go out in the woods and chop
>down trees for fun. Man, did we create some devastation! I suggest we all get back at Ma Nature
>for all the skin we've lost. Let's sell our bikes, get atv's and chainsaws and KICK SOME WOODSY
>OWL ASS!!!

MV is totally incapable of recognizing sarcasm.

Pete H

--
You can say many things better in French than in any other language, but you still need to know how.
J. Gould

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 06:17:26 -0500, The Ent <[email protected]> wrote:

.Don W wrote: . .>Actually, Mike is right. Mountain biking is very dangerous.

Thanks for your honesty. It's amazing how many mountain bikers are unwilling to admit what is
obvious to everyone else.

I've .>gotten the **** beaten out of me mountain biking. However, I remember .>when I was a kid,
and we used to go out in the woods and chop down .>trees for fun. Man, did we create some
devastation! I suggest we all .>get back at Ma Nature for all the skin we've lost. Let's sell our
.>bikes, get atv's and chainsaws and KICK SOME WOODSY OWL ASS!!! .> .> .MV is totally incapable of
recognizing sarcasm.

Pete is incapable of recognizing TRUTH.

.Pete H

===

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 03:13:52 +0000, Mike Vandeman wrote:

> I already answered you many times in the past, but you are too stupid to understand it.

Well, yes. We're too stupid to understand such erudite comments as "BS", "Duh", and "Liar".
Articulate, well-thought-out commentary, Mikey. Perhaps we just don't have the vision, the
intelligence, the education to see the meaning those concise dropping or the genius that's
behind them.

:)

--Kamus

former member of Mensa...

--
o__ | If you're old, eat right and ride a decent bike. ,>/'_ | Q. (_)\(_) | Usenet posting`

> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:12:22 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> .How come you never actually SAY anything? . .You NEVER provide any proof of what you say. Your
> comments are mostly .hearsay, and personal observation. the fact is thast even if 100% of all
> .bike routes were EXCLUSIVELY bike routes AND were entirely the
environmental
> .wasteland that you claim they are, the total impact to the environment
would
> .be less than .0004%. That very small number REQUIRES the devistation of
100%
> .of all bike routes, AND it requires 1 mile of trail for each square mile
of
> .habitat. The habitat has less than a mile of trail for each square mile,
and
> .the FACT is that 100% of all trails is not an environmental wasteland. . .This is the truth. Why
> can't you address it intelligently?
>
> I already did, many times. You ignored the answer, proving that you aren't listening.

We must have missed it because you laced it with liberal doses of LIAR, Duh, and other blathering.

Try to address the issue once again, and use the big words.

> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:45:30 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> . ."Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]... .> How come you never actually SAY anything? .> .> You
> NEVER provide any proof of what you say. Your comments are mostly .> hearsay, and personal
> observation. the fact is thast even if 100% of
all
> .> bike routes were EXCLUSIVELY bike routes AND were entirely the .environmental .> wasteland that
> you claim they are, the total impact to the environment .would .> be less than .0004%. That very
> small number REQUIRES the devistation of .100% .> of all bike routes, AND it requires 1 mile of
> trail for each square
mile
> .of .> habitat. The habitat has less than a mile of trail for each square
mile,
> .and .> the FACT is that 100% of all trails is not an environmental wasteland. .> .> This is the
> truth. Why can't you address it intelligently? .> . .I'm waiting ...
>
> I already answered you many times in the past, but you are too stupid to understand it.

I am still waiting ...

I'm still here enjoying my "pure human habitat". Animals allowed only with my permission.