RR: Murarrie Crit 25 June 05

Tamyka Bell

Guest
Now, if I'd known there were races at Kingston that were later in the day
and didn't involve getting up at o'early hundred, I might've tried that. A
bunch of guys tried to get me to head out there AS WELL. Hahahahaha!

Blogged this morning's race, and I know I can be a bit verbose, so
hopefully this tantalising morsel will encourage you to read it:

"After working her way up to about sixth place and helping to reel in a
few breakaways, Tam finds herself mysteriously in the lead with under two
laps to go..."

I might add that I was the only adult female (I think) and I did not
intend to put into action my plan about using my **** as a distraction.
Seriously, I was only joking about that...

http://blindrapture.blogspot.com/2005/06/murarrie-crit-second.html

(hahaha no I did not come second...)

Tam

"Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Now, if I'd known there were races at Kingston that were later in the day
> and didn't involve getting up at o'early hundred, I might've tried that. A
> bunch of guys tried to get me to head out there AS WELL. Hahahahaha!
>
> Blogged this morning's race, and I know I can be a bit verbose, so
> hopefully this tantalising morsel will encourage you to read it:
>
> "After working her way up to about sixth place and helping to reel in a
> few breakaways, Tam finds herself mysteriously in the lead with under two
> laps to go..."
>
> I might add that I was the only adult female (I think) and I did not
> intend to put into action my plan about using my **** as a distraction.
> Seriously, I was only joking about that...
>
> http://blindrapture.blogspot.com/2005/06/murarrie-crit-second.html
>
> (hahaha no I did not come second...)
>
> Tam

Hey Tam,
Getting better each week, good to see. And no, you didn't come second, you
won! You got first woman - only problem is you need two more girls in the
race before you get the money! :)

Reading your report, I don't think anyone deliberately left you out the
front to die, that's just what always happens when it's coming down to a
bunch sprint with a couple of laps to go. You're either 1) attacking, 2)
chasing or 3) winding up the pace for your teammate so noone can break away.
At this stage noone wants to do any work on the front at all (and you should
never feel obliged, there's no prizes for who pulls the longest). Sometimes
everyone will slow down to a ridiculous speed and swap cagey looks to see
who's going to go first, it's good fun. That's why those guys in front
rolled back. Just soft pedal then roll back, and worm back in around 6th
wheel again (use whatever cunning tactics you like here!) Better practice
those sprints for next week hey?

Adam

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 14:14:04 +1000, Tamyka Bell <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Now, if I'd known there were races at Kingston that were later in the day
>and didn't involve getting up at o'early hundred, I might've tried that. A
>bunch of guys tried to get me to head out there AS WELL. Hahahahaha!
>
>Blogged this morning's race, and I know I can be a bit verbose, so
>hopefully this tantalising morsel will encourage you to read it:
>
>"After working her way up to about sixth place and helping to reel in a
>few breakaways, Tam finds herself mysteriously in the lead with under two
>laps to go..."

It's not a boy thing, it's a race thing. You were at the pointy end
without a plan. You'll learn. If you're up there, you either
work for someone else, or you drop back, or you escape off
the front. Otherwise, you're just pack fodder.

adam wrote:

> "Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Now, if I'd known there were races at Kingston that were later in the day
> > and didn't involve getting up at o'early hundred, I might've tried that. A
> > bunch of guys tried to get me to head out there AS WELL. Hahahahaha!
> >
> > Blogged this morning's race, and I know I can be a bit verbose, so
> > hopefully this tantalising morsel will encourage you to read it:
> >
> > "After working her way up to about sixth place and helping to reel in a
> > few breakaways, Tam finds herself mysteriously in the lead with under two
> > laps to go..."
> >
> > I might add that I was the only adult female (I think) and I did not
> > intend to put into action my plan about using my **** as a distraction.
> > Seriously, I was only joking about that...
> >
> > http://blindrapture.blogspot.com/2005/06/murarrie-crit-second.html
> >
> > (hahaha no I did not come second...)
> >
> > Tam

> Hey Tam,
> Getting better each week, good to see. And no, you didn't come second, you
> won! You got first woman - only problem is you need two more girls in the
> race before you get the money! :)

I need to con LotteBum into coming around... who else... sure to be some
triathlon girls I can lure in...

> Reading your report, I don't think anyone deliberately left you out the
> front to die, that's just what always happens when it's coming down to a
> bunch sprint with a couple of laps to go. You're either 1) attacking, 2)
> chasing or 3) winding up the pace for your teammate so noone can break away.
> At this stage noone wants to do any work on the front at all (and you should
> never feel obliged, there's no prizes for who pulls the longest). Sometimes
> everyone will slow down to a ridiculous speed and swap cagey looks to see
> who's going to go first, it's good fun. That's why those guys in front
> rolled back. Just soft pedal then roll back, and worm back in around 6th
> wheel again (use whatever cunning tactics you like here!) Better practice
> those sprints for next week hey?
>
> Adam

Er... I was actually copping a bit of attitude this week, moreso than
last week, and obviously only from a few of the somewhat
poorer-performers; not sure if it was because there were fewer women or
because I was riding faster (maybe they felt sorry for me last week?)
Intersting; I am sure they will forget me next weekend.

The slowing down... well I did try... it started to get a bit
ridiculous, and it was a big timing stuff-up on my behalf, with me
deciding to really drop the speed just as a few guys decided to really
put on the speed. Big, sudden speed differential - oops! Hehehe it was
fun, anyway.

I'll be punishing myself in a different way next week - pace leading for
the Gold Coast half marathon, and I'm working on the info booth the day
before. So no crit for me next weekend. It'll give Abby a chance to work
on his form! Hehehe watch out the week after, though!

Tam

adam wrote:

> "Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Now, if I'd known there were races at Kingston that were later in the day
> > and didn't involve getting up at o'early hundred, I might've tried that. A
> > bunch of guys tried to get me to head out there AS WELL. Hahahahaha!
> >
> > Blogged this morning's race, and I know I can be a bit verbose, so
> > hopefully this tantalising morsel will encourage you to read it:
> >
> > "After working her way up to about sixth place and helping to reel in a
> > few breakaways, Tam finds herself mysteriously in the lead with under two
> > laps to go..."
> >
> > I might add that I was the only adult female (I think) and I did not
> > intend to put into action my plan about using my **** as a distraction.
> > Seriously, I was only joking about that...
> >
> > http://blindrapture.blogspot.com/2005/06/murarrie-crit-second.html
> >
> > (hahaha no I did not come second...)
> >
> > Tam

> Hey Tam,
> Getting better each week, good to see. And no, you didn't come second, you
> won! You got first woman - only problem is you need two more girls in the
> race before you get the money! :)

Actually... how did you know that, anyway?

I'm thinking of doing this

http://www.balmoralcycling.asn.au/CenturyRide.html

As my recovery week from Gold Coast, that is. Big Gun is near my place,
so I'd probably only do the metric. Abby? Lotte? Anyone?

Tamyka wrote:

I need to con LotteBum into coming around...

Ha! Forget it! Even if you do con me into coming along, I'm going to lump in with Cat 74 (that'll give Abby an excuse to join me). I like riding with children and geris. I WAS A CHILD NOT LONG AGO REMEMBER?

Er... I was actually copping a bit of attitude this week, moreso than
last week, and obviously only from a few of the somewhat
poorer-performers; not sure if it was because there were fewer women or
because I was riding faster (maybe they felt sorry for me last week?)
Intersting; I am sure they will forget me next weekend.

It's a boy thing.. I have no doubt in my mind about that. They can't handle defeat, but it looks like they'd better get used to it!

Yeah, and those Cat 74 boys had better start training 'cos I'm coming to blow their world apart with my ubertactics and superspeed.

LotteBum

LotteBum wrote:

> Tamyka wrote:
>
> I need to con LotteBum into coming around...
>
> Ha! Forget it! Even if you do con me into coming along, I'm going to
> lump in with Cat 74 (that'll give Abby an excuse to join me). I like
> riding with children and geris. I WAS A CHILD NOT LONG AGO REMEMBER?

Hey, I was a child more recently than you, missy!

> Er... I was actually copping a bit of attitude this week, moreso than
> last week, and obviously only from a few of the somewhat
> poorer-performers; not sure if it was because there were fewer women or
> because I was riding faster (maybe they felt sorry for me last week?)
> Intersting; I am sure they will forget me next weekend.
>
> It's a boy thing.. I have no doubt in my mind about that. They can't
> handle defeat, but it looks like they'd better get used to it!
>
> Yeah, and those Cat 74 boys had better start training 'cos I'm coming
> to blow their world apart with my ubertactics and superspeed.
>
> LotteBum

You gotta race Cat 2! That way, we only need one more chicky triathlete
and we can get some prize money!

Uh oh, I just bagged out triathletes. Er... Yay! (But I'm never giving
up my orca race suit.)