RR: My Legs Hurt

JD wrote:
> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<3M2dnRdH9LGnsNvdRVn-
> [email protected]>...
>> If I were doing this outside of a tour, I would give it a try. So there is no choice in this, as
>> cheesy as it may be. I'll be back to CO in late July. I'll climb Vail mtn in the heat to make up
>> for it.
>> :)
>
> Vail doesn't get hot, it's too high.

I've been there five July's in a row and it has been 85 - 87 each time at the top of Eagle's Nest.
It's not desert hot, but certainly not jacket weather.

>> I do have to ask, and I hope you will be honest. Have you done the trail, including the
>> Dewey climb?
>
> Several times, which is why I referred to it in the first place.

Great.

On 2004-03-02, Westie penned:

> I'm a little sceptical about how technical you should get
> about this at you level of riding. OK, admittedly I'm only
> a recreational rider myself and haven't needed to study
> nutrition in any great detail, but try something simple
> taking a banana, a nut bar or two, some trail scroggin or
> some of that sports replacement drink in your camelbak
> before getting into the gels and the really high tech
> expensive nutrition stuff.

I don't get the banana thing. That could get really nasty in
a hurry, especially if it's a little hot!

--
monique

You'll need one of these http://bananaguard.com/