RR: New Bars

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by ><\(\(\(\(º>, Oct 23, 2003.

  1. I rode my bike with new riser bars today.

    It was fun.

    I'm glad I went for a ride.

    The end

    --
    Tony

    [email protected]

    Remove the fish to reply --= This is a fish anti-spam device =--

    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º

    Tags:

  2. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    > I rode my bike with new riser bars today.

    Were you running straights b-4. Did you like the upright feel provided by the risers?

    > It was fun.

    it usually is.

    > I'm glad I went for a ride.

    So am I.

    > The end

    or is it?

  3. I've been using flats with ends for ever. That setup is great for bike tracks and road stuff, but
    off-road it just didn't cut the mustard at all. My mountain bike has, for too long, been a road bike
    in mountain bike's clothing.

    I scored a set of Raceface Next Low Risers, the carbon fibre jobbies.

    It made an enormous difference coming downhill and smoothing out the way the steering tracked
    because of the extra 30mm width on each end. It was almost as if someone swept up the boulders etc
    that used to kick out the front tire.

    Going up hill was a bit of a drama because I had to completely change my body language to keep from
    popping a mono up hills. I felt like a complete goose in the position I was in, but it worked better
    than it felt.

    Since a comrade from work started showing the trails around where live, I've really been bitten by
    the offroading bug. I just hope there are more single tracks around Tasmania, rather than fire
    roads. Pity that I've never ventured out on the "real" trails until now. All those wasted weekends
    !, oh well, better late than never.

    I always thought riser bars were a bit of marketing hype, I'm glad I was wrong.

    (Could have gone for the alloy bars but wanted the poseur value of carbon fibre, besides the doctor
    told me I need more fibre in my diet)

    --
    Tony

    [email protected]

    Remove the fish to reply --= This is a fish anti-spam device =--

    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º> "Dave W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > I rode my bike with new riser bars today.
    >
    > Were you running straights b-4. Did you like the upright feel provided by the risers?
    >

    > > It was fun.
    >
    > it usually is.
    >

    > > I'm glad I went for a ride.
    >
    > So am I.
    >

    > > The end
    >
    > or is it?

  4. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:11:03 -0000, Dave W wrote:

    > Were you running straights b-4. Did you like the upright feel provided by the risers?

    Oh c'mon, you know riser bars are just "hype". ;-)

    --
    -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least) "It's a shallow life that
    doesn't give a person a few scars" - Garrison Keillor

  5. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    > On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:11:03 -0000, Dave W wrote:
    >
    >> Were you running straights b-4. Did you like the upright feel provided by the risers?
    >
    > Oh c'mon, you know riser bars are just "hype". ;-)

    possibly, but does TREK make a production model? What? you mean they don't actually produce their
    risers? Well they are now producing a singlespeed, aren't they. (A sure sign of hype driven
    industry IMNSHO)

  6. Your right, it's all just hype, I'm just trying to justify my credit card bill for this month. ;)

    --
    Tony

    [email protected]

    Remove the fish to reply --= This is a fish anti-spam device =--

    `·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º> "BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:11:03 -0000, Dave W wrote:
    >
    > Oh c'mon, you know riser bars are just "hype". ;-)
    >
    > --
    > -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least) "It's a shallow life
    > that doesn't give a person a few scars" - Garrison
    Keillor

  7. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 01:07:55 -0000, Dave W wrote:

    > What? you mean they don't actually produce their risers? Well they are now producing a
    > singlespeed, aren't they. (A sure sign of hype driven industry IMNSHO)

    Do unintelligible arguments like this work at home?

    --
    -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least) "It's a shallow life that
    doesn't give a person a few scars" - Garrison Keillor

  8. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:15:37 +1100, ><((((º> wrote:
    > Your right, it's all just hype, I'm just trying to justify my credit card bill for this month. ;)

    Oh, I was just messing with goofy-argument Dave. If you like your new bars, then its all good.

    --
    -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least) "It's a shallow life that
    doesn't give a person a few scars" - Garrison Keillor

  9. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    > On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 01:07:55 -0000, Dave W wrote:
    >
    >> What? you mean they don't actually produce their risers? Well they are now producing a
    >> singlespeed, aren't they. (A sure sign of hype driven industry IMNSHO)
    >
    > Do unintelligible arguments like this work at home?

    uh, no only with goofy argumentists on usenet. I don't have to argue with any one at home. No one in
    my home acts like some of youse guys :)