RR: New Bike

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by T_blood, Apr 5, 2003.

  1. T_blood

    T_blood Guest

    Today was my first real ride on my new bike. I bought a '02 Giant AC DS 2 off Ebay.de brand new and
    for half of the list price.So I decided today as just right for a little fun. I live in a decently
    hilly portion of Germany, and my favourite hill is 580 meters high, but the cool part is that it was
    once a Celtic fortress and had these huge walls spanning in a circular direction up the entire
    mountain, so there is some killer (whooptedos?). Anyway, once I hit the base of the hill for the 580
    m climb I was feeling pretty fresh, and ready. About half way up these 2.2 Michelin tires began to
    kick my ass, but I made it eventually without stopping. So once on top I was debating to take my
    normal downhill single track section or try the one I was always hesitant about with my old
    hardtail. I decided on the latter. This trail incorporates two sections of the old wall, so it is
    automatically an almost straight downhill decend, then straight back up, then straight downhill
    again for almost 200 meters eventually evening out. Then it hits a second section of wall that does
    almost the same. After the second wall it is just a beautiful dowhill single trail to the bottom,
    but about halfway down I come across a tree that the freakin' loggers had cut down and left to cover
    the trail! So I stop and ponder a moment,I decide to push the bike back up the hill and do it again
    but on my traditional fast downhill trail. It was quite an experience for the first time on a FS
    bike. Normally where my HT would bounce the hell out of me this one took it with ease, and I did it
    faster than I have ever in the past. so now I get to the bottom of the hill to the parking lot and
    wouldn't you know it, there is an elementary class doing a trip to learn the history of the hill! So
    I do a swerving number in between 8 and 9 year olds until I am free to ride home. The only part here
    that sucks is that I am now exhausted and I have another 450 m climb to get to my house. I
    eventually make it and am completely smoked. I believe I ate everything in the kitchen trying to get
    a little strength back. So tomorrow I believe I will do it all over again, weather
    permitting....Mike

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Today was my first real ride on my new bike. I bought a '02 Giant AC DS 2 off Ebay.de brand new
    > and for half of the list price.So I decided today as just right for a little fun.

    <snip>

    > So tomorrow I believe I will do it all over again, weather permitting....Mike

    Cool report, but remember, paragraphs are your friend.
    --
    Slacker

  3. T_blood

    T_blood Guest

    > "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > Today was my first real ride on my new bike. I bought a '02 Giant AC DS
    2
    > > off Ebay.de brand new and for half of the list price.So I decided
    today
    > > as just right for a little fun.
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > > So tomorrow I believe I will do it all over again, weather permitting....Mike
    >

    > Cool report, but remember, paragraphs are your friend.
    > --
    > Slacker

    I'm drunk cat, gimme a break :)...Mike

  4. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > > > Today was my first real ride on my new bike. I bought a '02 Giant AC DS 2 off Ebay.de brand
    > > > new and for half of the list price.So I decided today as just right for a little fun.
    > >
    > > <snip>
    > >
    > > > So tomorrow I believe I will do it all over again, weather permitting....Mike
    > >

    > > Cool report, but remember, paragraphs are your friend.
    > > --
    > > Slacker
    >
    > I'm drunk cat, gimme a break :)...Mike

    Playing on the computer whilst drunk is very dangerous ;^ 0

    Why not try something safe and educational like http://www.twinkiesproject.com/
    --
    Slacker

  5. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Today was my first real ride on my new bike. I bought a '02 Giant AC
    DS
    > 2
    > > > off Ebay.de brand new and for half of the list price.So I decided
    > today
    > > > as just right for a little fun.
    > >
    > > <snip>
    > >
    > > > So tomorrow I believe I will do it all over again, weather permitting....Mike
    > >

    > > Cool report, but remember, paragraphs are your friend.
    > > --
    > > Slacker
    >
    > I'm drunk cat, gimme a break :)...Mike

    Hehehe...he's one of us! ;^)

    Mike - too

  6. T_blood

    T_blood Guest

    AC DS 2

    > > > <snip>

    > > > Cool report, but remember, paragraphs are your friend.
    > > > --
    > > > Slacker
    > >
    > > I'm drunk cat, gimme a break :)...Mike
    >

    > Playing on the computer whilst drunk is very dangerous ;^ 0
    >
    > Why not try something safe and educational like
    http://www.twinkiesproject.com/
    > --
    > Slacker

    Cool site I used to collect baseball cards off of twinkie boxes back in the '70's, sure thats a
    thing of the past now...Mike

  7. Gabrielle

    Gabrielle Guest

    On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 11:56:56 -0800, T_Blood wrote:

    > Today was my first real ride on my new bike. I bought a '02 Giant AC DS 2 off Ebay.de brand new
    > and for half of the list price.So I decided today as just right for a little fun. I live in a
    > decently hilly portion of Germany, and my favourite hill is 580 meters high, but the cool part is
    > that it was once a Celtic fortress and had these huge walls spanning in a circular direction up
    > the entire mountain, so there is some killer (whooptedos?).
    That sounds excellent! Where in Germany, and which castle if I may ask?

    So I do a swerving number in between 8 and 9 year olds until I
    > am free to ride home. The only part here that sucks is that I am now exhausted and I have another
    > 450 m climb to get to my house.

    I have always managed to live at the top of a steep hill for some reason.

    > eventually make it and am completely smoked. I believe I ate everything in the kitchen trying to
    > get a little strength back. So tomorrow I believe I will do it all over again, weather
    > permitting....Mike

    Go grocery shopping first. ;)

    gabrielle

  8. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

  9. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

  10. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > > Why not try something safe and educational like
    > > http://www.twinkiesproject.com/
    > >
    > > That's the second patently phallic image you've posted today, Slack Man!
    > >
    > > Bill "not that there's anything WRONG with that" S.
    >

    > 2nd ??? what was the 1st?

    Your cocoa-puff dispenser.

    > And how long have you been associating the venerable Twinkie with a penis?

    Uh, I really shouldn't say...(but it involves the creamy filling).

    > Dr. Slacker

    Bill "just send me the bill, doc" S.

  11. T_blood

    T_blood Guest

    "> That sounds excellent! Where in Germany, and which castle if I may ask?

    It's a little place close to Frankfurt, and it's not a castle but an archeological find dating back
    to the first century B.C. The only evidence of a once civilazation are these huge mound hills that
    were once the fortresses walls. Not only is it a cool place to bike, you can walk the archeologiacl
    trail and along the way they have signs of what they believe was once there. Here are a couple
    links to it.

    http://www.keltenstadt.de/

    http://www.waldgirmes.de/kelten/duensbe1.htm

  12. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sat, 5 Apr 2003 21:56:56 +0200, "T_Blood" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Today was my first real ride on my new bike. I bought a '02 Giant AC DS 2 off Ebay.de brand new
    > and for half of the list price.So I decided today as just right for a little fun. I live in a
    > decently hilly portion of Germany, and my favourite hill is 580 meters high, but the cool part is
    > that it was once a Celtic fortress and had these huge walls spanning in a circular direction up
    > the entire mountain, so there is some killer (whooptedos?). Anyway, once I hit the base of the
    > hill for the 580 m climb I was feeling pretty fresh, and ready. About half way up these 2.2
    > Michelin tires began to kick my ass, but I made it eventually without stopping. So once on top I
    > was debating to take my normal downhill single track section or try the one I was always hesitant
    > about with my old hardtail. I decided on the latter. This trail incorporates two sections of the
    > old wall, so it is automatically an almost straight downhill decend, then straight back up, then
    > straight downhill again for almost 200 meters eventually evening out. Then it hits a second
    > section of wall that does almost the same. After the second wall it is just a beautiful dowhill
    > single trail to the bottom, but about halfway down I come across a tree that the freakin' loggers
    > had cut down and left to cover the trail! So I stop and ponder a moment,I decide to push the bike
    > back up the hill and do it again but on my traditional fast downhill trail. It was quite an
    > experience for the first time on a FS bike. Normally where my HT would bounce the hell out of me
    > this one took it with ease, and I did it faster than I have ever in the past. so now I get to the
    > bottom of the hill to the parking lot and wouldn't you know it, there is an elementary class doing
    > a trip to learn the history of the hill! So I do a swerving number in between 8 and 9 year olds
    > until I am free to ride home. The only part here that sucks is that I am now exhausted and I have
    > another 450 m climb to get to my house. I eventually make it and am completely smoked. I believe I
    > ate everything in the kitchen trying to get a little strength back. So tomorrow I believe I will
    > do it all over again, weather permitting....Mike

    Nice,

    :-]

  13. Gabrielle

    Gabrielle Guest

    On Sun, 06 Apr 2003 00:15:32 -0800, T_Blood wrote:

    > "> That sounds excellent! Where in Germany, and which castle if I may ask?
    >
    > It's a little place close to Frankfurt, and it's not a castle but an archeological find dating
    > back to the first century B.C. The only evidence of a once civilazation are these huge mound hills
    > that were once the fortresses walls. Not only is it a cool place to bike, you can walk the
    > archeologiacl trail and along the way they have signs of what they believe was once there. Here
    > are a couple links to it.
    >
    > http://www.keltenstadt.de/
    >
    > http://www.waldgirmes.de/kelten/duensbe1.htm

    Neat-O! Thanks for the links.