RR new grrl in the stable

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Penny S., Apr 8, 2003.

  1. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    I've added a new gal to the weekday "usual suspects" grrls only will-call list. Hmm, shall I call
    her the Nordic Queen? (blonde and legs...) Sure why not. ;-) She's a contract prof at the U and is
    taking a lot of time off to work on her dissertation.

    It's warming up grandly and we head out to Riverside. She's got this idea that I'm a really hot shit
    rider (??!!) and I don't really have any ideas about her other than not knowing what to think
    because she says she's a beginner, yet she's also a natural athlete who's been getting drug down
    everything by here "hurry up and wait" hubby.

    She's a go for it rider, what she lacks in technique she makes up for in attitude. I show her a huge
    network of double track and single track that she's never seen. I get the sense that just being out
    on in a more relaxed atmosphere is making her smile.

    I do feel a bit guilty for about a minute... my regular pace is quite a bit faster than hers, and
    she's struggling on the climbs. I'm in better shape, and I credit that to the spin classes. I
    remember being there, so I try to never get too far ahead, and use the waiting time to *try* and
    practice trackstands. Hey every half second counts...

    We knock off 12 miles in reasonable time. She has a big smile and says "thanks... let's do it again
    on Thursday. My kind of gal.

    Penny

    Tags:

  2. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I've added a new gal to the weekday "usual suspects" grrls only will-call list. Hmm, shall I call
    > her the Nordic Queen? (blonde and legs...) Sure why not. ;-) She's a contract prof at the U and is
    > taking a lot of time off to work on her dissertation.
    >
    > It's warming up grandly and we head out to Riverside. She's got this idea that I'm a really hot
    > shit rider (??!!) and I don't really have any ideas about her other than not knowing what to think
    > because she says she's a beginner, yet she's also a natural athlete who's been getting drug down
    > everything by here "hurry up and wait" hubby.
    >
    > She's a go for it rider, what she lacks in technique she makes up for in attitude. I show her a
    > huge network of double track and single track that she's never seen. I get the sense that just
    > being out on in a more relaxed atmosphere is making her smile.
    >
    > I do feel a bit guilty for about a minute... my regular pace is quite a bit faster than hers, and
    > she's struggling on the climbs. I'm in better shape, and I credit that to the spin classes. I
    > remember being there, so I try to never get too far ahead, and use the waiting time to *try* and
    > practice trackstands. Hey every half second counts...
    >
    > We knock off 12 miles in reasonable time. She has a big smile and says "thanks... let's do it
    > again on Thursday. My kind of gal.
    >
    > Penny

    Alright! Nice RR, and hope you're bringing her to AMB-epic this summer.

    Paladin

  3. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Paladin wrote:

    > Alright! Nice RR, and hope you're bringing her to AMB-epic this summer.

    not her, but I am working on Kamikaze #2 and Cutie Pie who also happens to be a liscensed massage
    therapist...

    penny

  4. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Penny S. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Paladin wrote:
    > >>

    > > Alright! Nice RR, and hope you're bringing her to AMB-epic this summer.
    >
    > not her, but I am working on Kamikaze #2 and Cutie Pie who also happens to be a liscensed massage
    > therapist...

    Ooooo, they're good them - I'll be marrying one soon enough.....and a reflexologist......and
    an attuned reiki therapist......and an aromatherapist........and a......no, not going
    there...... ',;~}~

    Shaun aRe

  5. Spider

    Spider Guest

    "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Paladin wrote:
    > >>

    > > Alright! Nice RR, and hope you're bringing her to AMB-epic this summer.
    >
    > not her, but I am working on Kamikaze #2 and Cutie Pie who also happens to be a liscensed massage
    > therapist...

    Err, are Barneys like me invited? Or must we be your litter-bearers? ;)

    BTW, my LBS guy has a very detailed topo map of the Lochsa river area, and I'm going to
    see it today.

    Spider

  6. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Spider wrote:
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> Paladin wrote:
    >>>>

    >>> Alright! Nice RR, and hope you're bringing her to AMB-epic this summer.
    >>
    >> not her, but I am working on Kamikaze #2 and Cutie Pie who also happens to be a liscensed massage
    >> therapist...
    >
    > Err, are Barneys like me invited? Or must we be your litter-bearers? ;)

    Litter bearer and beer fetcher. Oh, and you can watch the parked vehicles while we ride, too.

    > BTW, my LBS guy has a very detailed topo map of the Lochsa river area, and I'm going to see
    > it today.
    Kewl...let me know how to get a copy please.

    Penny

  7. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Spider wrote:

    > BTW, my LBS guy has a very detailed topo map of the Lochsa river area, and I'm going to see
    > it today.
    >
    > Spider

    specifically I am interested in whether the lochsa river trail that goes upriver( east) from split
    creek bridge is rideable.

    thansk

    Penny

  8. John G

    John G Guest

    Penny S. wrote:
    > Spider wrote:
    >
    >>"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:<[email protected]>...

    >>>not her, but I am working on Kamikaze #2 and Cutie Pie who also happens to be a liscensed massage
    >>>therapist...
    >>
    >>Err, are Barneys like me invited? Or must we be your litter-bearers? ;)
    >>

    > Litter bearer and beer fetcher. Oh, and you can watch the parked vehicles while we ride, too.

    Dont forget washing the clothing and pots and pans in the river, and staying awake on fire
    watch!!!!!

  9. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > she's also a natural athlete who's been getting drug down everything by here "hurry up and
    > wait" hubby.

    Another "compensator", eh? I see that crap so often here and especially in Mohab. Those dudes need
    to just accept what the are and ride with their ladies.

    JD

  10. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    JD wrote:
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> she's also a natural athlete who's been getting drug down everything by here "hurry up and
    >> wait" hubby.
    >
    > Another "compensator", eh? I see that crap so often here and especially in Mohab. Those dudes need
    > to just accept what the are and ride with their ladies.
    >
    > JD

    I won't whip her into shape, I will encourange and nurture her. And then she'll discover that the
    weekday grrl gang is way more fun than hurry up and wait. Her hubby is kinda cute tho, wight have to
    let him ride along just for the eye candy factor.

    penny