RR new grrl in the stable

Penny S.

Guest
I've added a new gal to the weekday "usual suspects" grrls only will-call list. Hmm, shall I call
her the Nordic Queen? (blonde and legs...) Sure why not. ;-) She's a contract prof at the U and is
taking a lot of time off to work on her dissertation.

It's warming up grandly and we head out to Riverside. She's got this idea that I'm a really hot ****
rider (??!!) and I don't really have any ideas about her other than not knowing what to think
because she says she's a beginner, yet she's also a natural athlete who's been getting drug down
everything by here "hurry up and wait" hubby.

She's a go for it rider, what she lacks in technique she makes up for in attitude. I show her a huge
network of double track and single track that she's never seen. I get the sense that just being out
on in a more relaxed atmosphere is making her smile.

I do feel a bit guilty for about a minute... my regular pace is quite a bit faster than hers, and
she's struggling on the climbs. I'm in better shape, and I credit that to the spin classes. I
remember being there, so I try to never get too far ahead, and use the waiting time to *try* and
practice trackstands. Hey every half second counts...

We knock off 12 miles in reasonable time. She has a big smile and says "thanks... let's do it again
on Thursday. My kind of gal.

Penny

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I've added a new gal to the weekday "usual suspects" grrls only will-call list. Hmm, shall I call
> her the Nordic Queen? (blonde and legs...) Sure why not. ;-) She's a contract prof at the U and is
> taking a lot of time off to work on her dissertation.
>
> It's warming up grandly and we head out to Riverside. She's got this idea that I'm a really hot
> **** rider (??!!) and I don't really have any ideas about her other than not knowing what to think
> because she says she's a beginner, yet she's also a natural athlete who's been getting drug down
> everything by here "hurry up and wait" hubby.
>
> She's a go for it rider, what she lacks in technique she makes up for in attitude. I show her a
> huge network of double track and single track that she's never seen. I get the sense that just
> being out on in a more relaxed atmosphere is making her smile.
>
> I do feel a bit guilty for about a minute... my regular pace is quite a bit faster than hers, and
> she's struggling on the climbs. I'm in better shape, and I credit that to the spin classes. I
> remember being there, so I try to never get too far ahead, and use the waiting time to *try* and
> practice trackstands. Hey every half second counts...
>
> We knock off 12 miles in reasonable time. She has a big smile and says "thanks... let's do it
> again on Thursday. My kind of gal.
>
> Penny

Alright! Nice RR, and hope you're bringing her to AMB-epic this summer.

Paladin

Paladin wrote:

> Alright! Nice RR, and hope you're bringing her to AMB-epic this summer.

not her, but I am working on Kamikaze #2 and Cutie Pie who also happens to be a liscensed massage
therapist...

penny

Penny S. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Paladin wrote:
> >>

> > Alright! Nice RR, and hope you're bringing her to AMB-epic this summer.
>
> not her, but I am working on Kamikaze #2 and Cutie Pie who also happens to be a liscensed massage
> therapist...

Ooooo, they're good them - I'll be marrying one soon enough.....and a reflexologist......and
an attuned reiki therapist......and an aromatherapist........and a......no, not going
there...... ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Paladin wrote:
> >>

> > Alright! Nice RR, and hope you're bringing her to AMB-epic this summer.
>
> not her, but I am working on Kamikaze #2 and Cutie Pie who also happens to be a liscensed massage
> therapist...

Err, are Barneys like me invited? Or must we be your litter-bearers? ;)

BTW, my LBS guy has a very detailed topo map of the Lochsa river area, and I'm going to
see it today.

Spider

Spider wrote:
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> Paladin wrote:
>>>>

>>> Alright! Nice RR, and hope you're bringing her to AMB-epic this summer.
>>
>> not her, but I am working on Kamikaze #2 and Cutie Pie who also happens to be a liscensed massage
>> therapist...
>
> Err, are Barneys like me invited? Or must we be your litter-bearers? ;)

Litter bearer and beer fetcher. Oh, and you can watch the parked vehicles while we ride, too.

> BTW, my LBS guy has a very detailed topo map of the Lochsa river area, and I'm going to see
> it today.
Kewl...let me know how to get a copy please.

Penny

Spider wrote:

> BTW, my LBS guy has a very detailed topo map of the Lochsa river area, and I'm going to see
> it today.
>
> Spider

specifically I am interested in whether the lochsa river trail that goes upriver( east) from split
creek bridge is rideable.

thansk

Penny

Penny S. wrote:
> Spider wrote:
>
>>"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:<[email protected]>...

>>>not her, but I am working on Kamikaze #2 and Cutie Pie who also happens to be a liscensed massage
>>>therapist...
>>
>>Err, are Barneys like me invited? Or must we be your litter-bearers? ;)
>>

> Litter bearer and beer fetcher. Oh, and you can watch the parked vehicles while we ride, too.

Dont forget washing the clothing and pots and pans in the river, and staying awake on fire
watch!!!!!

"Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> she's also a natural athlete who's been getting drug down everything by here "hurry up and
> wait" hubby.

Another "compensator", eh? I see that **** so often here and especially in Mohab. Those dudes need
to just accept what the are and ride with their ladies.

JD

JD wrote:
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> she's also a natural athlete who's been getting drug down everything by here "hurry up and
>> wait" hubby.
>
> Another "compensator", eh? I see that **** so often here and especially in Mohab. Those dudes need
> to just accept what the are and ride with their ladies.
>
> JD

I won't whip her into shape, I will encourange and nurture her. And then she'll discover that the
weekday grrl gang is way more fun than hurry up and wait. Her hubby is kinda cute tho, wight have to
let him ride along just for the eye candy factor.

penny