RR: Nice to meet you...

ireman_1

New Member
Aug 10, 2003
I contemplated for some time this AM if I wanted to take a chance (on trail conditions) and hit a spot I've wanted to ride again for a while. The rains have been off and on for the week, but I figured since it's been "dry" (read: no *measured* precip) for the last 24 hours this particular trail should be a safe bet for a good ride. Being late morning and 40 degrees and the minions at the malls up north and with no sun in sight I figured the traffic would be light. Somewhat surprised there were a couple of rigs at the trailhead already.

It's a beauty ride and the trail is in great shape. I can feel the flow coming and the only distraction straight away are views like this:
http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/249875/Nov_27_04-01.jpg

Right after snapping that shot I rode up behind a couple with several dogs running around them. I half expected them to be an "issue", but they were very nice folks and the dogs were well behaved. Once they saw/heard me they pulled their dogs aside and waved me through. They asked about a side trail and we had a pleasant talk for a minute or two. The guy rides apparently, but just moved to the area and they were exploring. I gave him my office number and encouraged him to call if he wants to ride...

I came upon four other folks with two other dogs shortly after and just "knew" these folks were going to be the "ones" that would be bad dog owners. Wrong again jackass. They also pulled their dogs aside and offered to yield the trail. Thank you, have great day. Take care...

Up next is the only *really* tech spot on the trail, but even when it's dry it's a challenge, while it's wet, well...It's a side-sloping rock/moss/leichen/mud contraption that proved too much for my modest skills:
http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/249875/Nov_27_04-02.jpg

The rest of the way it just some sweet flowing single track through the gorgeous forests of south Lane county:
http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/249875/Nov_27_04-04.jpg

Along the way today I met some nice folks, made friends with several dogs, felt the flow and had my faith in hikers renewed. The only thing that made me question whether the stars were in alignment was this:
http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/249875/Nov_27_04-03.jpg

Ummm...OK I guess. "Guard rails" on an off-road trail? The weirdest thing is that section isn't even close to being the most dangerous (if one were to fly off the side that is) or the one most likely to cause someone to fly off. Whatever...It was a good ride and good to meet you.

Kraig...

ireman_1 wrote:
> I contemplated for some time this AM if I wanted to take a chance (on
> trail conditions) and hit a spot I've wanted to ride again for a while.
> The rains have been off and on for the week, but I figured since it's
> been "dry" (read: no *measured* precip) for the last 24 hours this
> particular trail should be a safe bet for a good ride. Being late
> morning and 40 degrees and the minions at the malls up north and with
> no sun in sight I figured the traffic would be light. Somewhat
> surprised there were a couple of rigs at the trailhead already.
>
> It's a beauty ride and the trail is in great shape. I can feel the
> flow coming and the only distraction straight away are views like
> this:
> http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/249875/Nov_27_04-01.jpg

Mmmm... Temperate! Reminds me of the Rain Forest on the big Island of
Hawaii. Nice RR and Pics.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

ireman_1 wrote:
> Up next is the only *really* tech spot on the trail, but even when it's
> dry it's a challenge, while it's wet, well...It's a side-sloping
> rock/moss/leichen/mud contraption that proved too much for my modest
> skills:
> http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/249875/Nov_27_04-02.jpg

Nice photots. That section gives a new meaning to slick rock.

Justen

small change wrote:
> ireman_1 wrote:
>

>>The rest of the way it just some sweet flowing single track through
>>the gorgeous forests of south Lane county:
>>http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/249875/Nov_27_04-04.jpg

> that appeared really dark to me, so due to nothing better going on this am,
> here's an attempt to tweak it a bit....the hues are a little off but hey I'm
> still a PS beginner.
>
> http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/521/246414/forest.jpg
>

> Penny

Muy bueno! More mossy goodness!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

ireman_1 wrote:
> I contemplated for some time this AM if I wanted to take a chance (on
> trail conditions) and hit a spot I've wanted to ride again for a while.
> The rains have been off and on for the week, but I figured since it's
> been "dry" (read: no *measured* precip) for the last 24 hours this
> particular trail should be a safe bet for a good ride. Being late
> morning and 40 degrees and the minions at the malls up north and with
> no sun in sight I figured the traffic would be light. Somewhat
> surprised there were a couple of rigs at the trailhead already.
>
> It's a beauty ride and the trail is in great shape. I can feel the
> flow coming and the only distraction straight away are views like
> this:
> http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/249875/Nov_27_04-01.jpg
>
> Right after snapping that shot I rode up behind a couple with several
> dogs running around them. I half expected them to be an "issue", but
> they were very nice folks and the dogs were well behaved. Once they
> saw/heard me they pulled their dogs aside and waved me through. They
> asked about a side trail and we had a pleasant talk for a minute or
> two. The guy rides apparently, but just moved to the area and they
> were exploring. I gave him my office number and encouraged him to call
> if he wants to ride...
>
> I came upon four other folks with two other dogs shortly after and just
> "knew" these folks were going to be the "ones" that would be bad dog
> owners. Wrong again jackass. They also pulled their dogs aside and
> offered to yield the trail. Thank you, have great day. Take care...
>
> Up next is the only *really* tech spot on the trail, but even when it's
> dry it's a challenge, while it's wet, well...It's a side-sloping
> rock/moss/leichen/mud contraption that proved too much for my modest
> skills:
> http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/249875/Nov_27_04-02.jpg
>
> The rest of the way it just some sweet flowing single track through the
> gorgeous forests of south Lane county:
> http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/249875/Nov_27_04-04.jpg
>
> Along the way today I met some nice folks, made friends with several
> dogs, felt the flow and had my faith in hikers renewed. The only thing
> that made me question whether the stars were in alignment was this:
> http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/249875/Nov_27_04-03.jpg
>
> Ummm...OK I guess. "Guard rails" on an off-road trail? The weirdest
> thing is that section isn't even close to being the most dangerous (if
> one were to fly off the side that is) or the one most likely to cause
> someone to fly off. Whatever...It was a good ride and good to meet
> you.
>
> Kraig...

Beautiful pictures. I have a cold and it's snowing here, again.
Thanks, they helped.

Shawn

Shawn wrote:
> Beautiful pictures. I have a cold and it's snowing here, again.
> Thanks, they helped.
>
> Shawn

I have a cold but I rode this morning anyway. Strap on the board(s) and go
for a ski.

Gary (why doesn't it snow in Phoenix?)

GeeDubb wrote:
> Shawn wrote:
>
>>Beautiful pictures. I have a cold and it's snowing here, again.
>>Thanks, they helped.
>>
>>Shawn

> I have a cold but I rode this morning anyway. Strap on the board(s) and go
> for a ski.

Good advice. No time tomorrow, but Tuesday...
http://www.skimonarch.com/report.php

Shawn wrote:
> GeeDubb wrote:
>
>> Shawn wrote:
>>
>>> Beautiful pictures. I have a cold and it's snowing here, again.
>>> Thanks, they helped.
>>>
>>> Shawn

>> I have a cold but I rode this morning anyway. Strap on the board(s)
>> and go for a ski.

> Good advice. No time tomorrow, but Tuesday...
> http://www.skimonarch.com/report.php

Wow, that's a small mountain by CO standards. Is it more of a
local/yocal destination, than a ski bunny/bobbie with expensive gear stop?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Shawn wrote:
>
>> GeeDubb wrote:

>>> I have a cold but I rode this morning anyway. Strap on the board(s)
>>> and go for a ski.

>> Good advice. No time tomorrow, but Tuesday...
>> http://www.skimonarch.com/report.php

> Wow, that's a small mountain by CO standards. Is it more of a
> local/yocal destination, than a ski bunny/bobbie with expensive gear stop?

Locals, front range people looking for a change and church groups from
Texas (go figure). Definitely small, but hey its got the only Starbucks
for 75 miles!

Shawn

small change said:
ireman_1 wrote:

>> The rest of the way it just some sweet flowing single track through
>> the gorgeous forests of south Lane county:
>> http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/249875/Nov_27_04-04.jpg

>that appeared really dark to me, so due to nothing better going on this am,
>here's an attempt to tweak it a bit....the hues are a little off but hey I'm
>still a PS beginner.
>
>http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/521/246414/forest.jpg
>

>Penny

There wasn't a lot of light under the canopy (you know how it can get) and I can't come close to pretending to be any sort of camera guru/pro/proficient. I get lucky once in a while (joking aside). I've never had the pleasure of playing with photo shop, but it looks like there are some nice possibilities.

Kraig...

Shawn said:
>Beautiful pictures. I have a cold and it's snowing here, >again.
>Thanks, they helped.
>
>Shawn

Glad to have helped. My board is tuned and ready, but nobody around here has anything close to "good" conditions yet. Timberline and Bachelor are running, but they are limited and sketchy still...

Kraig...

ireman_1 wrote:
>> small change Wrote:

>>> that appeared really dark to me, so due to nothing better going on
>>> this am, here's an attempt to tweak it a bit....the hues are a
>>> little off but hey I'm still a PS beginner.
>>>
>>> http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/521/246414/forest.jpg
>>>

>>> Penny

> There wasn't a lot of light under the canopy (you know how it can get)
> and I can't come close to pretending to be any sort of camera
> guru/pro/proficient. I get lucky once in a while (joking aside).
> I've never had the pleasure of playing with photo shop, but it looks
> like there are some nice possibilities.
>
> Kraig...

LOL - yeah.... I've been trying to get a handle on PS through various web
tutorials. I just thought I'd take a whack at it...All my good shots are the
results of hoping I get a good one. ;-)

penny