RR:...or is it?

Bill Wheeler

Guest
I went riding the other day with Missy Grove. (WTFITAAWSIC?!) We were just tooling along blowing
past Barneys and such, jumping over logs, or snakes, they're all beginning to look the same to me
these days. When all of the sudden out of no where my front QR just frickin POPPED open like a Jack
out of the box!

Holy Shite! my front disc equipped wheel left the scene without me. Luckily I was able to do a
instant manual without the front forks diving in between the lattice type slots on the 1 foot wide
200 foot high hanging bridge that spans a deep gorge.

Missy was completely in awe. "Damn, I never new you were such a good rider, can you teach me that
some day?" said Missy. "Well, maybe." I replied.

I held the wheelie for the remainder of the ride, we hit the usual climbs and did the usual 6 to 10
foot drops. All in all a pretty mundane ride for me.

We were about done with our 20 hour semi-epic ride when "BAM!" you guessed it. Missy's front QR
POPPED open like a dandelion in spring.

It was a good thing I taught Missy the "Instant Manual", that's "IM" for short. She was still able
to pull it off even though her reflexes could stand a little improvement.

Peace, W ho T he F eck I s T hat A nyway A nd W hy S hould I C are.

Bill(The Truth in RR's)Wheeler.

:-]

> I went riding the other day with Missy Grove. (WTFITAAWSIC?!) We were just tooling along blowing
> past Barneys and such, jumping over logs, or snakes, they're all beginning to look the same to me
> these days. When all of the sudden out of no where my front QR just frickin POPPED open like a
> Jack out of the box!
>
> Holy Shite! my front disc equipped wheel left the scene without me. Luckily I was able to do a
> instant manual without the front forks diving in between the lattice type slots on the 1 foot wide
> 200 foot high hanging bridge that spans a deep gorge.
>
> Missy was completely in awe. "Damn, I never new you were such a good rider, can you teach me that
> some day?" said Missy. "Well, maybe." I replied.
>
> I held the wheelie for the remainder of the ride, we hit the usual climbs and did the usual 6 to
> 10 foot drops. All in all a pretty mundane ride for me.
>
> We were about done with our 20 hour semi-epic ride when "BAM!" you guessed it. Missy's front QR
> POPPED open like a dandelion in spring.
>
> It was a good thing I taught Missy the "Instant Manual", that's "IM" for short. She was still able
> to pull it off even though her reflexes could stand a little improvement.
>

> Peace, W ho T he F eck I s T hat A nyway A nd W hy S hould I C are.
>
> Bill(The Truth in RR's)Wheeler.

Hehe...that was actually funny!
--
Slacker

Bill Wheeler wrote:
> I went riding the other day with Missy Grove. (WTFITAAWSIC?!) We were just tooling along blowing
> past Barneys and such, jumping over logs, or snakes, they're all beginning to look the same to me
> these days. When all of the sudden out of no where my front QR just frickin POPPED open like a
> Jack out of the box!

<LOL>I know just what you mean mate.. Last weekend I had to cycle 200 miles over serveral mountain
after my entire bike burst into intense flames because of the disc brakes. I wouldn't mind but I'd
just bought a new jumper and it got all singed.. Of course the bike was just **** by the end of the
day but wow "What a close one"..

On Mon, 19 May 2003 18:45:13 -0700, Bill Wheeler wrote:

The freakin' funniest thing I've read all day! That was great.

gabrielle