RR: Oxford to Cambridge

Andrew Worley

Guest
Hi everyone,

Been lurking here for ages now and as I'd written an RR for my sponsors,
thought I may as well post it for you guys and gals. This was my first
longish ride and I picked up lots of the info needed to get through it
painlessly from here so cheers!

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~corp1166/oxcamride/

Andy

Well done on completing the ride fella!

I was racing at Sandy on Sunday and kept meeting cyclists coming the
other way as I rode home (Ampthill, Beds) around 10am. I was wondering
where the hell everyone was going until I spotted the BHF T-shirts on a
couple of riders and twigged it was a charity ride.

Shame most of the riders coming the other way looked at me like I was
mad as I bid them good morning ................. but then I remembered
I had my silly pointy time trial helmet on so they can be forgiven ;-)

Next mission your first Century ride - get thee to a cycling club
sharpish!!

Cheers
Bronzie

Bronzie wrote:
> Well done on completing the ride fella!
>
> I was racing at Sandy on Sunday and kept meeting cyclists coming the
> other way as I rode home (Ampthill, Beds) around 10am. I was
> wondering where the hell everyone was going until I spotted the BHF
> T-shirts on a couple of riders and twigged it was a charity ride.
>
> Shame most of the riders coming the other way looked at me like I was
> mad as I bid them good morning ................. but then I remembered
> I had my silly pointy time trial helmet on so they can be forgiven ;-)

Ah. That would explain the marshalled junction and strings of cyclists
crossing the route of the Autumn Assortment 200. I too got a few odd looks,
possibly due to riding a recumbent trike while disguised as a can of baked
beans...

--
Dave Larrington
Stop press! Pope still dead...