RR: Please Forgive Me For I Know Not What I Say.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bill Wheeler, May 5, 2003.

  1. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    Single Speeding sucks, don't buy the hype I've been blowing out of my @ss for months on end.

    Seriously, stay away from the fad/hype of the new Millennium.

    Nobody in the group really rides an SS....they told me so in confidence, but I decide to betray
    their trust and blow the whistle. I just can stand to see any more suckers think that SSing is the
    way to go.

    NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

    :-]

    Tags:

  2. Jeez, Bill - you had me expecting a post from MV or Richard. Shoulda known better.....

    Steve

  3. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    http://www.ims.tuwien.ac.at/~bara/ostrich.jpg

    http://www.oucom.ohiou.edu/dbms-witmer/images/pat-injecting-ostrich.jpg

    http://www.oucom.ohiou.edu/dbms-witmer/images/pat-ostrich.jpg
    --
    Slacker

  4. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

    > Single Speeding sucks, don't buy the hype I've been blowing out of my @ss for months on end.
    >
    > Seriously, stay away from the fad/hype of the new Millennium.
    >
    > Nobody in the group really rides an SS....they told me so in confidence, but I decide to betray
    > their trust and blow the whistle. I just can stand to see any more suckers think that SSing is the
    > way to go.

    > NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

    Ok, Bill, I'll bite:

    What's the difference between a single speed bike and a geared bike that always remains in the same
    gear? Is it the lack of options that makes SS great? Is it the forced discipline? The truckloads o'
    'tude? The beer/SS connection? Does it just look sweet? Lighter weight? All of the above?

    IOW: Why do you SS?

    Barry

  5. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "B. Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Single Speeding sucks, don't buy the hype I've been blowing out of my @ss for months on end.
    > >
    > > Seriously, stay away from the fad/hype of the new Millennium.
    > >
    > > Nobody in the group really rides an SS....they told me so in confidence, but I decide to betray
    > > their trust and blow the whistle. I just can stand to see any more suckers think that SSing is
    > > the way to go.

    > > NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
    >
    > Ok, Bill, I'll bite:
    >
    > What's the difference between a single speed bike and a geared bike that always remains in the
    > same gear? Is it the lack of options that makes SS great? Is it the forced discipline? The
    > truckloads o' 'tude? The
    beer/SS
    > connection? Does it just look sweet? Lighter weight? All of the above?
    >
    > IOW: Why do you SS?

    For the love of God and all that is holy, TAKE IT PRIVATE, PLEASE!!!

    Bill "Slacker might be on to something with those skinned SS-er pics" S.

  6. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Single Speeding sucks, don't buy the hype I've been blowing out of my @ss for months on end.
    > >
    > > Seriously, stay away from the fad/hype of the new Millennium.
    > >
    > > Nobody in the group really rides an SS....they told me so in confidence, but I decide to betray
    > > their trust and blow the whistle. I just can stand to see any more suckers think that SSing is
    > > the way to go.

    > > Peace, Bill
    >
    > http://www.ims.tuwien.ac.at/~bara/ostrich.jpg
    >
    > http://www.oucom.ohiou.edu/dbms-witmer/images/pat-injecting-ostrich.jpg
    >
    > http://www.oucom.ohiou.edu/dbms-witmer/images/pat-ostrich.jpg
    > --
    > Slacker

    Ohhhh...that's not pretty.

    Mike - Hehehehe!

  7. B. Sanders wrote:

    > What's the difference between a single speed bike and a geared bike that always remains in the
    > same gear? Is it the lack of options that makes SS great? Is it the forced discipline? The
    > truckloads o' 'tude? The beer/SS connection? Does it just look sweet? Lighter weight? All of
    > the above?

    It's just somethng you have to _feel_ for yourself.....

    I just got done spending 4 beers completely obsessing over every part and bolt of my RedLine MonoCog
    even went a bit crazy and installed a basher ring on it...... I'll post something later. Gotta take
    SS out for a ride and the dog for a run.

    > IOW: Why do you SS?

    "because"

  8. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    B. Sanders wrote:
    > "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Single Speeding sucks, don't buy the hype I've been blowing out of my @ss for months on end.
    >>
    >> Seriously, stay away from the fad/hype of the new Millennium.
    >>
    >> Nobody in the group really rides an SS....they told me so in confidence, but I decide to betray
    >> their trust and blow the whistle. I just can stand to see any more suckers think that SSing is
    >> the way to go.

    >> NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
    >
    > Ok, Bill, I'll bite:
    >
    > What's the difference between a single speed bike and a geared bike that always remains in the
    > same gear? Is it the lack of options that makes SS great? Is it the forced discipline? The
    > truckloads o' 'tude? The beer/SS connection? Does it just look sweet? Lighter weight? All of
    > the above?
    >
    > IOW: Why do you SS?
    >
    > Barry

    not this again....

  9. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    > > Single Speeding sucks, don't buy the hype I've been blowing out of my @ss for months on end.
    > >
    > > Seriously, stay away from the fad/hype of the new Millennium.
    > >
    > > Nobody in the group really rides an SS....they told me so in confidence, but I decide to betray
    > > their trust and blow the whistle. I just can stand to see any more suckers think that SSing is
    > > the way to go.

    > > Peace, Bill
    >
    > http://www.ims.tuwien.ac.at/~bara/ostrich.jpg
    >
    > http://www.oucom.ohiou.edu/dbms-witmer/images/pat-injecting-ostrich.jpg
    >
    > http://www.oucom.ohiou.edu/dbms-witmer/images/pat-ostrich.jpg

    Looks like that crap British food made Corvus a bit flabby. /s

  10. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    Bill, you are a very boring person.

    Andy Chequer

  11. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Tue, 6 May 2003 17:39:51 +0100, "Andy Chequer"
    <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote:

    >Bill, you are a very boring person.
    >
    >Andy Chequer

    hmmmmm? Never heard that one before.

    I am what I am.

    Peace Brother Andy, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that
    is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]

  12. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Tue, 06 May 2003 02:35:04 GMT, "B. Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote:

    [snip hook line and sinker]

    hope that hook doesn't leave a mark.

    >Ok, Bill, I'll bite:
    >
    >What's the difference between a single speed bike and a geared bike that always remains in the
    >same gear?

    Slop

    > Is it the lack of options that makes SS great?

    Yes

    > Is it the forced discipline?

    No

    > The truckloads o' 'tude?

    No

    >The beer/SS connection?

    No

    >Does it just look sweet?

    Yes

    >Lighter weight?

    Yes

    All of the above?

    >IOW: Why do you SS?
    >
    >Barry

    I ride an SS because it's the only MTB I have. I'm sorry did it say, "it's the only MTB I have"?

    What I meant to say is, "It's the only MTB I'll EVER have."

    :-]

  13. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Mon, 5 May 2003 18:59:27 -0700, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >http://www.ims.tuwien.ac.at/~bara/ostrich.jpg

    I live for that pic!

    [snip animal cruelty]

    :-]

  14. Martees

    Martees Guest

    > Single Speeding sucks, don't buy the hype I've been blowing out of my @ss for months on end.
    >
    > Seriously, stay away from the fad/hype of the new Millennium.
    >
    > Nobody in the group really rides an SS....they told me so in confidence, but I decide to betray
    > their trust and blow the whistle. I just can stand to see any more suckers think that SSing is the
    > way to go.

    I KNEW IT!!!!!

    Marty