RR: Politically Incorrect

JD wrote:
> GMan wrote:
>
>> "This trail is tits!"

> Sounds right to me. I've never heard something referred to as "the
> tits". It's always been just "tits".

Bingo. (See my reply to Matt, literally 30 seconds before seeing this.)

Great dogs bark alike...

/bs

S o r n i wrote:
> JD wrote:
> > GMan wrote:
> >
> >> "This trail is tits!"

> > Sounds right to me. I've never heard something referred to as "the
> > tits". It's always been just "tits".

> Bingo. (See my reply to Matt, literally 30 seconds before seeing

this.)

> Great dogs bark alike...
>
> /bs

Must be the SoCal translation. GMan is a homeboy to down here, so it
makes sense to me.

JD

On 2005-03-21, S o r n i penned:
> small change wrote:
>
>> does anyone know the history of why something going TU (Tits up) means that
>> something's gone bad? (broken down, fell apart etc)

> Probably just an expression like "DOA" or "six feet under" (?) -- as in,
> that's how they bury people (and cows) -- tits up?

That's how I always understood it.

> Now "head over heels" I've never understood...

Turning cartwheels in excitement/happiness?

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain

On 2005-03-21, MattB penned:

> We can be simple creatures, which can be good or bad.
>
> My wife and I had a conversation about something similar recently. I've been
> sick for three weeks too (Flu > sinus infection > nasty cough > sinus
> infection again). The conversation turned to sex as it often does between us
> and we noted something interesting. It seems woman who's not feeling 100%
> will generally not be interested in sex until she's all better: "How could I
> think about *that* when I'm not totally well?". A man who's less than 100%
> (as long as it's not a totally miserable condition) will think "Hey, maybe a
> little action will make me feel better. Can't hurt anyway...".

Heh. I've actually migrated from "I couldn't possibly while I'm sick ..." to
"Well, at least I wouldn't be bored out of my mind ..." ... but my husband
isn't a big fan of fluid exchange while either of us is sick, so that's out.
Solo pursuits are perfectly legit, though ...

I don't have a sinus infection (yet?), but my teeth feel loose and "weird" as
they always do when my sinuses are unhappy.

--

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2005-03-21, S o r n i penned:
>> small change wrote:
>>
>>> does anyone know the history of why something going TU (Tits up)
>>> means that something's gone bad? (broken down, fell apart etc)

>> Probably just an expression like "DOA" or "six feet under" (?) -- as
>> in, that's how they bury people (and cows) -- tits up?

> That's how I always understood it.
>
>> Now "head over heels" I've never understood...

> Turning cartwheels in excitement/happiness?

"Yeahbutt"...wouldn't that be HEELS over HEAD?!?

Mystified by life at times, BS (really)

"Red_Ivan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >"This trail is tits!"

> Perhaps its a Boise reference, but I also heard it a fair amount when
> living in Vancouver (WA). A more curious phrase heard in Boise:
> "floating on a cloud of t*tties."
>
> Course that's probably more accurate post-ride down at Hyde park
> sipping an adult beverage (it is hyde park, right? Lucky 13 pizza
> maybe?)

You got the joint right. Lucky 13 at Hyde Park. Usually too crowded with
Posers to get a seat, though. I usually ask to join strangers, and most of
the time they say "sure" and I've gotten a couple slices of pizza that way,
too. Why not?

CDB

On 2005-03-21, S o r n i penned:
> Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
>> On 2005-03-21, S o r n i penned:
>>
>>> Now "head over heels" I've never understood...

>> Turning cartwheels in excitement/happiness?

> "Yeahbutt"...wouldn't that be HEELS over HEAD?!?
>
> Mystified by life at times, BS (really)

Oh. Gee, you're right. No idea.

--

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2005-03-21, S o r n i penned:
>
>>Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
>>
>>>On 2005-03-21, S o r n i penned:

>>>Turning cartwheels in excitement/happiness?

>>"Yeahbutt"...wouldn't that be HEELS over HEAD?!?
>>
>>Mystified by life at times, BS (really)

> Oh. Gee, you're right. No idea.

Maybe it's in reference to the beginning of the second rotation, and the
head passes over the heels again...

MattB wrote:
> Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

>>> "Yeahbutt"...wouldn't that be HEELS over HEAD?!?
>>>
>>> Mystified by life at times, BS (really)

>> Oh. Gee, you're right. No idea.
>>

> Maybe it's in reference to the beginning of the second rotation, and
> the head passes over the heels again...

No, no, no. That's "ass over tea-kettle".

Now I need a nap...

On 2005-03-21, S o r n i penned:
> MattB wrote:
>>
>> Maybe it's in reference to the beginning of the second rotation, and the
>> head passes over the heels again...

> No, no, no. That's "ass over tea-kettle".
>
> Now I need a nap...

Hah, I read that "Now I need a map" and instantly thought of the phrase, "He
can't find his own ass with a map and a flashlight ..." or something to that
effect.

Not sure where the teakettle fits in, though.
--
monique, who is home now after explaining to her boss why he didn't want her
coughing phlegm all over him and all of our co-workers

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2005-03-21, S o r n i penned:
>> MattB wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe it's in reference to the beginning of the second rotation,
>>> and the head passes over the heels again...

>> No, no, no. That's "ass over tea-kettle".
>>
>> Now I need a nap...

> Hah, I read that "Now I need a map" and instantly thought of the
> phrase, "He can't find his own ass with a map and a flashlight ..."
> or something to that effect.
>
> Not sure where the teakettle fits in, though.

I'm glad you're too polite to think that you answered your own question!

{pause}

Been told to stick worse things---- aw, never mind.

:-D

Per MattB:
> I've
>been sick for three weeks too (Flu > sinus infection > nasty cough >
>sinus infection again). The conversation turned to sex as it often does
>between us and we noted something interesting.

Sorry your sick.... but glad to hear somebody else is lingering on too.

I'm just starting the 4th week with this thing and bagged work early today
because I just wasn't putting out enough to charge anybody for it.

Geeze, you'd think we'd at least have enough sense to come down with this stuff
in late December or January....
--
PeteCresswell

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 07:12:02 -0800, small change <[email protected]> wrote:
> Mian wrote:
>> poodles plums is my favourite. and yes, it should be "the tits" imho
>>
>> "Fred Fragger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:wUj%[email protected]...
>>>
>>> I assume that means it's the "dogs bollocks" for those of us on the
>>> other side of the pond?
>>>
>>> Later,
>>>

>>> Fred

> does anyone know the history of why something going TU (Tits up) means that
> something's gone bad? (broken down, fell apart etc)
> Penny

I've always just thought "on it's back" when I hear Tango
Uniform.

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:10:31 -0700, Craig Brossman <[email protected]> wrote:

> I wish this was not true, and hope no one can to one-up me (for their
> sake), try getting a severe attack of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) and
> discovering you have it right when fall season hits Colorado in August.
> Totally out of commission, barely able to walk up and down stairs until
> January, taking steroids, chemo-therapy and anti-depresents, and still
> feeling terrible.
> Not too worry, I have over 300 road miles since then, and several mtn.
> bike rides in. I still don't feel 100% and probably never will again,
> but I can ride, at least a bit.

Craig man, wow, sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad.
I hope things look up for ya soon. I guess I don't really
understand RA...chemo???...maybe I'll have to do a little
reading.

On 2005-03-21, Craig Brossman penned:

> Makes me think of that one scene in Jaws, where they are comparing scars.
> I wish this was not true, and hope no one can to one-up me (for their
> sake), try getting a severe attack of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) and
> discovering you have it right when fall season hits Colorado in August.
> Totally out of commission, barely able to walk up and down stairs until
> January, taking steroids, chemo-therapy and anti-depresents, and still
> feeling terrible.

I didn't realize RA would involve those kinds of treatments. Scary!

> Not too worry, I have over 300 road miles since then, and several mtn.
> bike rides in. I still don't feel 100% and probably never will again,
> but I can ride, at least a bit.

I don't know if RA acts somewhat like injury-induced arthritis. My knees hurt
worst when the weather is changing, which means that fall and spring are the
worst seasons for me. It's one of the reasons I love living in Colorado --
the transitional seasons are nice and short.

> There is a bright side, I've just switched to another Dr. in GJ, so I'll
> have to make a trip up there every 6 weeks, and of course the first
> appointment is April 5, how convienent, I guess I'll have to stay for
> the FFTF and write off the hotel and mileage.
> As I always tell my son, everything always seems to work out, just be
> patient and do the right thing!

Sounds good to me =)

--

small change wrote:
> Mian wrote:
>> poodles plums is my favourite. and yes, it should be "the tits" imho
>>
>> "Fred Fragger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:wUj%[email protected]...
>>>
>>> I assume that means it's the "dogs bollocks" for those of us on the
>>> other side of the pond?
>>>
>>> Later,
>>>

>>> Fred

> does anyone know the history of why something going TU (Tits up)
> means that something's gone bad? (broken down, fell apart etc)
> Penny

http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/39/messages/498.html

Check that one out.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mian wrote:
> > poodles plums is my favourite. and yes, it should be "the tits" imho
> >
> > "Fred Fragger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:wUj%[email protected]...
> >>
> >> I assume that means it's the "dogs bollocks" for those of us on the
> >> other side of the pond?
> >>
> >> Later,
> >>

> >> Fred

> does anyone know the history of why something going TU (Tits up) means

that
> something's gone bad? (broken down, fell apart etc)
> Penny

Tits up = on its back/**** sorta thing - HTH!

Shaun aRe - And yeah, if you call something 'tits' here, its cursory,
derogatory - 'What a load of tits!' OTOH, 'It's the tits man!' is good,
heh...

Shaun aRe

"S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:JCB%[email protected]...
> small change wrote:
>
> > does anyone know the history of why something going TU (Tits up)
> > means that something's gone bad? (broken down, fell apart etc)

> Probably just an expression like "DOA" or "six feet under" (?) -- as in,
> that's how they bury people (and cows) -- tits up?
>
> Now "head over heels" I've never understood...
>
> /bs

Now '****-over-***' is a good one I fully understand from all the countless
times it's happened to me... heheheh...

Shaun aRe

Gman wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:10:31 -0700, Craig Brossman <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>I wish this was not true, and hope no one can to one-up me (for their
>>sake), try getting a severe attack of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) and
>>discovering you have it right when fall season hits Colorado in August.
>>Totally out of commission, barely able to walk up and down stairs until
>>January, taking steroids, chemo-therapy and anti-depresents, and still
>>feeling terrible.
>>Not too worry, I have over 300 road miles since then, and several mtn.
>>bike rides in. I still don't feel 100% and probably never will again,
>>but I can ride, at least a bit.

> Craig man, wow, sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad.
> I hope things look up for ya soon. I guess I don't really
> understand RA...chemo???...maybe I'll have to do a little
> reading.

Methotrexate is one of the drugs I take, technically a chemo-therapy for
several different types of cancer patients, though at higher doses. I
only take it once a week and it makes me a bit tired for a day or so.
Prednisone is another, which is a steroid, though not the kind that
makes one bulk up.
RA really sucks, but not as bad as Lupus or MS, which are its close
cousins. What kind of pisses me off (and also make me laugh) is this is
typically an out of shape woman's disease.
Sorry for the *****, I rode Thurs and Fri then felt crappy for a few
days in a row. Feeling much better today, and the weather is nice, and I
have another Dr. appt :(

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
remove "mydebt" to reply