RR: Politically Incorrect

Craig Brossman wrote:
> Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
>> On 2005-03-21, TJ penned:

>>> Try Mono at 33 for feeling crappy. I was off the bike for the last
>>> 3 weeks. There is nothing like beautiful weather, and feeling
>>> crappy.

>> No, thanks, I'm miserable enough!
>>
>> And confused. As I always do when I'm sick, I emailed my boss to
>> let him know every day. I even called and left a message on Friday.
>> But he never answered an email or phone call, which is highly
>> unusual. I'm worried that he might be annoyed at me, or something,
>> but there was no way I should have been at work last week.
>>
>> I'm still feeling craptastic, but I'm going to work today to find
>> out what's up.
>>

> Makes me think of that one scene in Jaws, where they are comparing
> scars. I wish this was not true, and hope no one can to one-up me
> (for their sake), try getting a severe attack of Rheumatoid Arthritis
> (RA) and discovering you have it right when fall season hits Colorado
> in August. Totally out of commission, barely able to walk up and down
> stairs until January, taking steroids, chemo-therapy and
> anti-depresents, and still feeling terrible.
> Not too worry, I have over 300 road miles since then, and several mtn.
> bike rides in. I still don't feel 100% and probably never will again,
> but I can ride, at least a bit.
> There is a bright side, I've just switched to another Dr. in GJ, so
> I'll have to make a trip up there every 6 weeks, and of course the
> first appointment is April 5, how convienent, I guess I'll have to
> stay for the FFTF and write off the hotel and mileage.
> As I always tell my son, everything always seems to work out, just be
> patient and do the right thing!

That bites big time. Think on the bright side, though, Red Mountain Pass
every six weeks......a stop at Orvis hot springs on the way home and of
course, the Adobe Inn in Ridgway...

Gary

JD wrote:
> S o r n i wrote:
>> JD wrote:

>>> Sounds right to me. I've never heard something referred to as "the
>>> tits". It's always been just "tits".

>> Bingo. (See my reply to Matt, literally 30 seconds before seeing
>> this.)
>>
>> Great dogs bark alike...
>>
>> /bs

> Must be the SoCal translation. GMan is a homeboy to down here, so it
> makes sense to me.
>
> JD

I guess being in east LA, the translation is the same.

Just "tits" describes four days and 60+ single track miles.

Gary (getting back in shape, yes, round is a shape.....)

"TJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > Guys really amaze me. I've been down with bronchitis for a week now,
> > feeling
> > awful, covered in phlegm, really disgusting. All I have to do is stand

in
> > front of Eric, though, and he gets this big grin on his face, and his

eyes
> > are
> > focused on my, um, pecs. I can't decide if it's annoying or cute.
> >

> Try Mono at 33 for feeling crappy. I was off the bike for the last 3

weeks.
> There is nothing like beautiful weather, and feeling crappy.
>
> TJ
> www.fatboy.s5.com

Geeze, I've been off the bike for well over 6 months because of a serious
gastrointestinal illness that also included an extended stay in the
hospital. I think I have ridden less than 50 miles total in that amount of
time...

Yep, life truly sucks right now...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Haven't Kicked Ass In A While

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "TJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>

>> > Guys really amaze me. I've been down with bronchitis for a week now,
>> > feeling
>> > awful, covered in phlegm, really disgusting. All I have to do is stand

> in
>> > front of Eric, though, and he gets this big grin on his face, and his

> eyes
>> > are
>> > focused on my, um, pecs. I can't decide if it's annoying or cute.
>> >

>> Try Mono at 33 for feeling crappy. I was off the bike for the last 3

> weeks.
>> There is nothing like beautiful weather, and feeling crappy.
>>
>> TJ
>> www.fatboy.s5.com

> Geeze, I've been off the bike for well over 6 months because of a serious
> gastrointestinal illness that also included an extended stay in the
> hospital. I think I have ridden less than 50 miles total in that amount of
> time...
>
> Yep, life truly sucks right now...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Haven't Kicked Ass In A While

Well well well (hope you get that way!)

Here she is...I would ask how you've been, but I guess not that well....so I
won't. But glad to see you posting anyway...

Get well soon..Spring is near and I know you hear the call...

Carla A-G wrote:

> Geeze, I've been off the bike for well over 6 months because of a

serious
> gastrointestinal illness that also included an extended stay in the
> hospital. I think I have ridden less than 50 miles total in that

amount of
> time...
>
> Yep, life truly sucks right now...

I thought I felt a disturbance in the Force...

Hope you're recovering well!

CC

>Yep, life truly sucks right now...

>- CA-G

>Can-Am Girls Haven't Kicked Ass In A While

Sometimes you kick ass, sometimes you get your ass kicked. Ah, you
still kick ass, Carla. Keep your head up. Feel free to write toothbrush
reviews and BYTR's (brushing your teeth reports) until you're back in
the saddle.
Have you read that Jon Stewart "America" book yet?

/s

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Yep, life truly sucks right now...

> >- CA-G

> >Can-Am Girls Haven't Kicked Ass In A While

> Sometimes you kick ass, sometimes you get your ass kicked. Ah, you
> still kick ass, Carla. Keep your head up. Feel free to write toothbrush
> reviews and BYTR's (brushing your teeth reports) until you're back in
> the saddle.
> Have you read that Jon Stewart "America" book yet?
>
> /s

Its sitting at home waiting to be opened when I get the opportunity...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Haven't Kicked Ass In A While

> Carla A-G wrote:
>
>>Geeze, I've been off the bike for well over 6 months because of a

> serious
>
>>gastrointestinal illness that also included an extended stay in the
>>hospital. I think I have ridden less than 50 miles total in that

> amount of
>
>>time...
>>
>>Yep, life truly sucks right now...

Sorry to hear about this, I hope you get the medical help you need.
I hate every aspect of being "seriously" ill, getting diagnosed,
mis-diagnosed, pharmacys, insurance, hospital bills, blah, blah, blah.

At the end of the day, being sick is only compounded with all the
baggage that come along for the ride.
I know, from personal experience, that it is hard to keep your spirits
up every day. I just let some days suck, and I ***** and moan! Probably
harder on the family than me.

Good luck!!!

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
remove "mydebt" to reply

GeeDubb wrote:
> JD wrote:
> > S o r n i wrote:

"the

> >> Bingo. (See my reply to Matt, literally 30 seconds before seeing
> >> this.)
> >>
> >> Great dogs bark alike...
> >>
> >> /bs

> > Must be the SoCal translation. GMan is a homeboy to down here, so

it
> > makes sense to me.
> >
> > JD

> I guess being in east LA, the translation is the same.
>
> Just "tits" describes four days and 60+ single track miles.
>
> Gary (getting back in shape, yes, round is a shape.....)

There does seem to be a lot of LA refugees in the Valley Of The Sun...

JD hitting the Colorado Plateau tomorrow

On 2005-03-23, Carla A-G penned:

> Geeze, I've been off the bike for well over 6 months because of a serious
> gastrointestinal illness that also included an extended stay in the
> hospital. I think I have ridden less than 50 miles total in that amount of
> time...
>
> Yep, life truly sucks right now...

Man, that sucks! Seems like you guys have had more than your share of bad
luck lately. I hope you start feeling better soon.

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain

JD wrote

snip

> JD hitting the Colorado Plateau tomorrow

come get me.........I want out!

but then I think the forecast isn't too positive.

Gary

GeeDubb wrote:
> JD wrote
>
> snip
> >
> > JD hitting the Colorado Plateau tomorrow

> come get me.........I want out!
>
> but then I think the forecast isn't too positive.
>
> Gary

I'm headed to the SW edge of it. If the dirt trails are too damp, then
I'll just ride on some sandstone.

JD

JD wrote:
> GeeDubb wrote:
>> JD wrote
>>
>> snip
>>>
>>> JD hitting the Colorado Plateau tomorrow

>> come get me.........I want out!
>>
>> but then I think the forecast isn't too positive.
>>
>> Gary

> I'm headed to the SW edge of it. If the dirt trails are too damp,
> then I'll just ride on some sandstone.
>
> JD

I'm thinking of heading up to the mountains to do another day of skiing
anyway. Looks like we're supposed to get upwards of another foot the next
day or two.

Sand stone good, like granite here when it rains.

GAry

GeeDubb wrote:
> JD wrote:
> > GeeDubb wrote:
> >> JD wrote
> >>
> >> snip

> >> come get me.........I want out!
> >>
> >> but then I think the forecast isn't too positive.
> >>
> >> Gary

> > I'm headed to the SW edge of it. If the dirt trails are too damp,
> > then I'll just ride on some sandstone.
> >
> > JD

> I'm thinking of heading up to the mountains to do another day of

skiing
> anyway. Looks like we're supposed to get upwards of another foot the

next
> day or two.

Well, it's pissing all over LALALand right now, so it's headed your
way.

JD

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:59:31 -0700, Monique Y. Mudama <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 2005-03-23, Carla A-G penned:
>>
>> Geeze, I've been off the bike for well over 6 months because of a serious
>> gastrointestinal illness that also included an extended stay in the
>> hospital. I think I have ridden less than 50 miles total in that amount of
>> time...
>>
>> Yep, life truly sucks right now...

> Man, that sucks! Seems like you guys have had more than your share of bad
> luck lately. I hope you start feeling better soon.

I agree C A-G! Sorry to hear it. R u gonna get better b4
the August epic??? I hope to see you guys again, but will
understand if you can't make it. Life gets in the way some
times.

If it's any motivation, another dinner at our place! More
spaghetti? MMMMmmmmmm....I like spaghetti. Excellent
riding food.

Gman

"Gman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I agree C A-G! Sorry to hear it. R u gonna get better b4
> the August epic??? I hope to see you guys again, but will
> understand if you can't make it. Life gets in the way some
> times.
>
> If it's any motivation, another dinner at our place! More
> spaghetti? MMMMmmmmmm....I like spaghetti. Excellent
> riding food.
>
> Gman

Greg, unfortunately, we won't be making the trip this year... :-(
Still need a lot of time for recovery...

Your pazgehtti dinner was most excellent, we will definitely miss the
pleasure...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Are Attempting To Kick Ass Again