RR: Proud Daddy

Zilla

Guest
My 2 girls (10 & 7) have been nagging me to take them to
the American Tobacco Trails (ATT) near us, so off we go
today. We rode a 6 mi. there-and-back trail, starting at the
parking lot to the end, which still has the old railroad bridge
supports up acrross a river. Both were cracking up when I
went to the bank to pee. (20 yrs back, friends and I used
to go on the other side of the river and go target shooting).

My older kid had it easier with a front suspension, but my
younger one had a full rigid kids bike :), but she still managed
to keep up. We did have to rest more for her, especially
on the sections with a lot of bigger rocks, to eat cheese
crackers and drink water/gatorade.

It was getting dark toward the end so I told them to go really
fast, and can you believe it, we logged 15mph as our fastest
speed - this is with 2 kids on kids bikes on a dirt road.

My 10 yr old and I have been there last summer (she was
9 then), which got my 7 yr old jealous (typical sibling rivalry).
Not one to be outdone by her older sister, she taught herself
to ride in 2 days, or really 2 after-school noons. She really
did good today for having only ridden for a short time.

Now I need to get my 5 yr old boy to ride and we'll be a riding
crew.

Proud daddy, I am!

--
- Zilla
(Remove XSPAM)

On Nov 4, 3:28 pm, "Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote:
> My 2 girls (10 & 7) have been nagging me to take them to
> the American Tobacco Trails (ATT) near us, so off we go
> today. We rode a 6 mi. there-and-back trail, starting at the
> parking lot to the end, which still has the old railroad bridge
> supports up acrross a river. Both were cracking up when I
> went to the bank to pee. (20 yrs back, friends and I used
> to go on the other side of the river and go target shooting).
>
> My older kid had it easier with a front suspension, but my
> younger one had a full rigid kids bike :), but she still managed
> to keep up. We did have to rest more for her, especially
> on the sections with a lot of bigger rocks, to eat cheese
> crackers and drink water/gatorade.
>
> It was getting dark toward the end so I told them to go really
> fast, and can you believe it, we logged 15mph as our fastest
> speed - this is with 2 kids on kids bikes on a dirt road.
>
> My 10 yr old and I have been there last summer (she was
> 9 then), which got my 7 yr old jealous (typical sibling rivalry).
> Not one to be outdone by her older sister, she taught herself
> to ride in 2 days, or really 2 after-school noons. She really
> did good today for having only ridden for a short time.
>
> Now I need to get my 5 yr old boy to ride and we'll be a riding
> crew.
>
> Proud daddy, I am!
>
> --
> - Zilla
> (Remove XSPAM)

Tobacco Trails? Do you get free cigs for riding there?

Good job on getting the kids out.

JD

> [...]

> > crackers and drink water/gatorade.
> >
> > It was getting dark toward the end so I told them to go really
> > fast, and can you believe it, we logged 15mph as our fastest
> > speed - this is with 2 kids on kids bikes on a dirt road.
> >
> > My 10 yr old and I have been there last summer (she was
> > 9 then), which got my 7 yr old jealous (typical sibling rivalry).
> > Not one to be outdone by her older sister, she taught herself
> > to ride in 2 days, or really 2 after-school noons. She really
> > did good today for having only ridden for a short time.
> >
> > Now I need to get my 5 yr old boy to ride and we'll be a riding
> > crew.
> >
> > Proud daddy, I am!
> >
> > --
> > - Zilla
> > (Remove XSPAM)

> Tobacco Trails? Do you get free cigs for riding there?

They're old railroad tracks for tobacco trains with the rails
and trestles pulled out, converted to dirt roads. Supposedly
the plan is to hook them up and down the east coast.
http://www.triangletrails.org/ATT.HTM

Didn't have a cig after, but a margarita I did...

-Zilla

> [...]

> > Not one to be outdone by her older sister, she taught herself
> > to ride in 2 days, or really 2 after-school noons. She really
> > did good today for having only ridden for a short time.
> >
> > Now I need to get my 5 yr old boy to ride and we'll be a riding
> > crew.
> >
> > Proud daddy, I am!
> >
> > --
> > - Zilla
> > (Remove XSPAM)

> Tobacco Trails? Do you get free cigs for riding there?
>
> Good job on getting the kids out.
>
> JD

They're old railroad tracks for tobacco trains with the rails
and trestles pulled out, converted to dirt roads. Supposedly
the plan is to hook them up and down the east coast.
http://www.triangletrails.org/ATT.HTM

Didn't have a cig after, but a margarita I did...

Zilla wrote:
<snip>

> Proud daddy, I am!

That's great. Good job getting them out.

Matt

Zilla wrote:
<snip>

> Proud daddy, I am!

That's great. Good job getting them out.

Matt

<snip>