RR: rabbid coyote

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Technician, Jun 2, 2003.

  1. Technician

    Technician Guest

    Well, given that the sun was intermittently out, and it was a warm 55 degrees with a slightly cool
    breeze, i couldn't resist a ride.

    I decided to try out the powerline as i had not ridden it yet this year. the first 6 miles went by
    great, though i had not yet hit the powerline. The first section of the trail was a bit rutted from
    ATVs, but still passable. it was actually quite dry considering the past rain (this trail usually
    needs a good week of sun to dry out). I rode with an ease never known on the Goose. the trail, bike,
    and i were one. we interacted perfectly with every hill, every decent, and every rock. but this
    perfection could only last so long. off to one side i hear a coyote howling. but this is no ordinary
    howl. it had a very distinct, but indescribable change. cautiously, i rode on, with a slow steady
    speed, attempting no sound. Now, i'm not afraid of wild dogs. i have seen them many times on past
    rides. but i could tell by the sound, this dog was different. suddenly the trees off to the left
    exploded with a streak of silver fur. i could only just stop in time before the ugliest, mangiest
    wild dog i have ever seen came to a stop just to the side of the trail. i could see the telltale
    foam dripping from it's mouth, and i could see in its eyes, there was just something not right, and
    rabies seem the most likely cause. i sat frozen on my bike as it was only a few feet from me. it
    slowly walked around to my hind quarter and stood there watching me, as if it was trying to decide
    the best form of attack. i waisted no time. i slammed on the pedals with a force unknown even to
    me. i shifted up through the gears as fast as the chain could follow. the coyote followed in a fast
    trot, near running. ahead i could see only rocks, ruts, a bridge, and other just plain rugged
    terrain that normally i would have taken my time to negotiate. but this time i did not have the
    time to slow down. i charged forward bouncing over rocks and ruts with a fury charged from pure
    adrenalin and fear. i was in a gear that would normally send my knees into a screaming pain, but
    somehow, there was no pain, just an eagerness to go, and go fast. looking back, i could see the
    coyote was now running, though not very strongly as it held its snout low, and looked near
    exhaustion. this gave me reason to continue. keep it running and it will tire out. after another
    mile or so, i could not see the coyote following anymore, so i lessened the pace a bit, but not
    entirely should it manage to catch a second wind. i could see a turn off ahead. knowing this
    lead to the parallel road, i took it. still in a pretty high gear, i managed up over the climb
    pedaling out of the saddle. Upon reaching the road, i relaxed to a more natural pace. i was not
    even slightly exhausted so i kept on. upon arriving back at my car, i unlocked it, and collapsed
    on the seat as the exhaustion caught up with me.

    I'm thinking it may be a while before i ride that trail again. at least until this animal is caught.
    i have notified the local animal control center, though given the large area, i'm sure the animal
    could go unseen for a while yet.

    But one thing it proves, the human body is capable of sustaining extreme power output when in "fight
    or flight" mode. my legs are fine now, nut i can imagine tomorrow they will hurt like hell.
    --
    ~Travis

  2. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Technician wrote: <snip>

    Travis, do your homework. By the time an animal is far enough gone with rabies to be foaming at the
    mouth, it's not going to be able to chase anyone or anything more than a few paces. The rabies virus
    attacks the central nervous system. The frothing is caused by paralysis of the swallowing muscles.
    Can't even swallow your own spit. Lots of other systems are affected by that point, and anything
    like a determined pursuit is out of the question.

    I give it a C-.

    When do we get to hear your alien abduction story? Just a word of warning... If it doesn't involve
    coercive mental influences, invasive medical procedures without anesthesia and/or metallic implants
    placed where the sun don't shine, I can't give it better than a B, no matter what else it includes.

    Kathleen
    PS Paragraphs are our friends....

  3. Danny

    Danny Guest

    LMAO.. (can't stop laughing.. must stop laughing.. need.. air.. more laughter)

    The way this is written makes me think of the few porn stories that I've happened across here and
    there.. (more laughter).

    I was disappointed however, that the great amazon huntress.. with golden loins bursting forth,
    didn't leap down from the trees to smite that maddened creature.. then ask you out for a beer...

    Of sourse, that was my second thought. My first was of Wile E. Coyote..

    Danny (now my sides hurt)

> [...]
    > a turn off ahead. knowing this lead to the parallel road, i took it. still in a pretty high
    > gear, i managed up over the climb pedaling out of the saddle. Upon reaching the road, i
    > relaxed to a more natural pace. i was not even slightly exhausted so i kept on. upon arriving
    > back at my car, i unlocked it, and collapsed on the seat as the exhaustion caught up with me.
    >
    > I'm thinking it may be a while before i ride that trail again. at least until this animal is
    > caught. i have notified the local animal control center, though given the large area, i'm sure the
    > animal could go unseen for a while yet.
    >
    > But one thing it proves, the human body is capable of sustaining extreme power output when in
    > "fight or flight" mode. my legs are fine now, nut i can imagine tomorrow they will hurt like hell.

  4. Gary In Va

    Gary In Va Guest

    "Kathleen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Technician wrote: <snip>
    >
    > Travis, do your homework. By the time an animal is far enough gone with rabies to be foaming at
    > the mouth, it's not going to be able to chase anyone or anything more than a few paces. The rabies
    > virus attacks the central nervous system. The frothing is caused by paralysis of the swallowing
    > muscles. Can't even swallow your own spit. Lots of other systems are affected by that point, and
    > anything like a determined pursuit is out of the question.
    >
    > I give it a C-.
    >
    > When do we get to hear your alien abduction story? Just a word of warning... If it doesn't involve
    > coercive mental influences, invasive medical procedures without anesthesia and/or metallic
    > implants placed where the sun don't shine, I can't give it better than a B, no matter what else it
    > includes.
    >
    > Kathleen
    > PS Paragraphs are our friends....

    Ahhh, Kathleen, you had to go and ruin it with facts!

    Gary in VA (LOL)

  5. Technician

    Technician Guest

    Kathleen <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    > Technician wrote: <snip>
    >
    > Travis, do your homework. By the time an animal is far enough gone with rabies to be foaming at
    > the mouth, it's not going to be able to chase anyone or anything more than a few paces. The rabies
    > virus attacks the central nervous system. The frothing is caused by paralysis of the swallowing
    > muscles. Can't even swallow your own spit. Lots of other systems are affected by that point, and
    > anything like a determined pursuit is out of the question.
    >
    > I give it a C-.
    >
    > When do we get to hear your alien abduction story? Just a word of warning... If it doesn't involve
    > coercive mental influences, invasive medical procedures without anesthesia and/or metallic
    > implants placed where the sun don't shine, I can't give it better than a B, no matter what else it
    > includes.
    >
    > Kathleen
    > PS Paragraphs are our friends....

    hey, i know nothing about rabies, but i know what i saw in that animal. whatever was wrong with it
    (maybe it ate some alka-seltzer and was pissed), it didn't seem to like me being there.
    --
    ~Travis

  6. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote

    > hey, i know nothing about rabies, but i know what i saw in that animal. whatever was wrong with it
    > (maybe it ate some alka-seltzer and was pissed), it didn't seem to like me being there.
    > --
    > ~Travis

    He was chasing a rabbit. You screwed up the angle he had on that. Hence the foamy mouth and the wild
    eyes. He was merely winded. And hungry.

    And then pissed off at you because YOU screwed up his attack. Now he has to go back to the den, and
    listen to his spousal unit bitch about "You never bring anything home for lunch!"

    Pete

  7. Bb

    Bb Guest

    I'll do you one better, Travis. When I first moved to Oregon, I read about the local park having
    bears. Sure enough, on one of my first rides I heard some rustling in the forest - and the sound of
    some BIG branches breaking (WAY to big to be human footsteps). So I picked my bike up and got ready
    to wave it in the air and make a lot of noise. The LAST thing I wanted to do was take off riding;
    that's an invitation for predators. I was hoping it'd just be a little one!

    Next thing I know, here come these three teenage boys walking off-trail. One of them jumps way up in
    the air and lands on a big branch, making a loud crack! I quietly lowered the bike and rode off, and
    they never knew what I was about to do. I felt pretty silly, but hey if it really had turned out to
    be a bear I would have been damn glad I didn't just assume otherwise. I still haven't seen a bear in
    that park, and I've come to the conclusion they're not really out there.

    The moral is: as long as you don't end up being some horror story in the newspapers, its all good.
    So I'm not cool enough for Kathleen either, but I can live with that.

  8. Superslinky

    Superslinky Guest

    Kathleen said...

    > When do we get to hear your alien abduction story? Just a word of warning... If it doesn't involve
    > coercive mental influences, invasive medical procedures without anesthesia and/or metallic
    > implants placed where the sun don't shine, I can't give it better than a B, no matter what else it
    > includes.
    >
    > Kathleen
    > PS Paragraphs are our friends....

    And thank you very much for that ray of sunshine, Kathleen. Needless abuse such as this does so much
    to reaffirm my belief in humanity. What else do you do for fun? Throw ball bearings on the floor at
    the old folk's home?

  9. On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 04:32:20 GMT, SuperSlinky <[email protected]> wrote:

    |Kathleen said...
    |
    |> When do we get to hear your alien abduction story? Just a word of warning... If it doesn't
    |> involve coercive mental influences, invasive medical procedures without anesthesia and/or
    |> metallic implants placed where the sun don't shine, I can't give it better than a B, no matter
    |> what else it includes.
    |>
    |> Kathleen
    |> PS Paragraphs are our friends....
    |
    |And thank you very much for that ray of sunshine, Kathleen. Needless |abuse such as this does so
    much to reaffirm my belief in humanity. What |else do you do for fun? Throw ball bearings on the
    floor at the old |folk's home?

    New around here, eh?

    Here's a free clue:

    Main Entry: con·text Pronunciation: 'kän-"tekst Function: noun Etymology: Middle English, weaving
    together of words, from Latin contextus connection of words, coherence, from contexere to weave
    together, from com- + texere to weave -- more at TECHNICAL Date: circa 1568
    1 : the parts of a discourse that surround a word or passage and can throw light on its meaning
    2 : the interrelated conditions in which something exists or occurs : ENVIRONMENT, SETTING

  10. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "Kathleen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Technician wrote: <snip>
    >
    > Travis, do your homework. By the time an animal is far enough gone with rabies to be foaming at
    > the mouth, it's not going to be able to chase anyone or anything more than a few paces. The rabies
    > virus attacks the central nervous system. The frothing is caused by paralysis of the swallowing
    > muscles. Can't even swallow your own spit. Lots of other systems are affected by that point, and
    > anything like a determined pursuit is out of the question.
    >
    > I give it a C-.
    >
    > When do we get to hear your alien abduction story? Just a word of warning... If it doesn't involve
    > coercive mental influences, invasive medical procedures without anesthesia and/or metallic
    > implants placed where the sun don't shine, I can't give it better than a B, no matter what else it
    > includes.
    >
    > Kathleen
    > PS Paragraphs are our friends....

    hehehe, that's harsh, kathleen... but oh so funny.

    Jon Bond

  11. Technician wrote:
    > Kathleen <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    >
    >>Technician wrote: <snip>
    >>
    >>Travis, do your homework. By the time an animal is far enough gone with rabies to be foaming at
    >>the mouth, it's not going to be able to chase anyone or anything more than a few paces. The rabies
    >>virus attacks the central nervous system. The frothing is caused by paralysis of the swallowing
    >>muscles. Can't even swallow your own spit. Lots of other systems are affected by that point, and
    >>anything like a determined pursuit is out of the question.
    >>
    >>I give it a C-.
    >>
    >>When do we get to hear your alien abduction story? Just a word of warning... If it doesn't involve
    >>coercive mental influences, invasive medical procedures without anesthesia and/or metallic
    >>implants placed where the sun don't shine, I can't give it better than a B, no matter what else it
    >>includes.
    >>
    >>Kathleen
    >>PS Paragraphs are our friends....
    >>

    > hey, i know nothing about rabies, but i know what i saw in that animal. whatever was wrong with it
    > (maybe it ate some alka-seltzer and was pissed), it didn't seem to like me being there.

    As acting spokesperson for the V.C.C. (Virally Challenged Canids), formerly known as the
    R.C.A.L. (Rabid Coyote Anti-Defamation League) I feel the need to address the slanderous
    allegations contained your post. Ever since it became politically incorrect to blame the big
    bad wolf for every unsolved missing granny case, we coyotes catch the flack. Somebody's
    fluffy, white, delectable - I mean defenseless - poodle disappears out of their back yard,
    who gets the blame? Coyotes! If you're going to make up a story, why not claim to have been
    chased by a fibromyalgic possum, or a skunk with learning disabilities? Why further demonize
    an already oppressed minority?

    Can't we all just get along?!

    Wile. E. Coyote

  12. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On 3 Jun 2003 04:05:35 GMT, BB <[email protected]> wrote:

    So I'm not cool enough for Kathleen either, but
    >I can live with that.

    Are any of us?

  13. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Wile E. Coyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > As acting spokesperson for the V.C.C. (Virally Challenged Canids), formerly known as the R.C.A.L.
    > (Rabid Coyote Anti-Defamation League) I feel the need to address the slanderous allegations
    > contained your post. Ever since it became politically incorrect to blame the big bad wolf for
    > every unsolved missing granny case, we coyotes catch the flack. Somebody's fluffy, white,
    > delectable - I mean defenseless - poodle disappears out of their back yard, who gets the blame?
    > Coyotes! If you're going to make up a story, why not claim to have been chased by a fibromyalgic
    > possum, or a skunk with learning disabilities? Why further demonize an already oppressed minority?

    GIMME BACK MY CAT!!!

    Bill "insert Mel Gibson .wav file here" S.

  14. Jimbo

    Jimbo Guest

    BB wrote:

    > I'll do you one better, Travis. When I first moved to Oregon, I read about the local park having
    > bears. Sure enough, on one of my first rides I heard some rustling in the forest - and the sound
    > of some BIG branches breaking (WAY to big to be human footsteps). So I picked my bike up and got
    > ready to wave it in the air and make a lot of noise. The LAST thing I wanted to do was take off
    > riding; that's an invitation for predators. I was hoping it'd just be a little one!
    >
    > Next thing I know, here come these three teenage boys walking off-trail. One of them jumps way up
    > in the air and lands on a big branch, making a loud crack! I quietly lowered the bike and rode
    > off, and they never knew what I was about to do. I felt pretty silly, but hey if it really had
    > turned out to be a bear I would have been damn glad I didn't just assume otherwise. I still
    > haven't seen a bear in that park, and I've come to the conclusion they're not really out there.
    >
    > The moral is: as long as you don't end up being some horror story in the newspapers, its all good.
    > So I'm not cool enough for Kathleen either, but I can live with that.
    >
    > --
    > -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

    Well there was this time I was riding solo... I stopped on the trail and put a foot down... I heard
    a strange sctratching noise coming from down the trail and I could hear four running feet... What
    could it be??? I stood there as the biggest hedgehog (?) came running straight for my leg.... it
    approached my leg at a full clip. I was convinced it was mad or rabid and was going to bite my
    leg.... It ran stariaght at me under my leg and down the trail The little critter just kept running
    down the trail... I was terrified by a little critter!!!! He wasn't mad or rabid... he was just in a
    hurry to get somewhere!

    Jimbo... denies screaming like a terrified little girl ;-)...(san)

  15. Technician

    Technician Guest

    jimbo(san) <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    > BB wrote:
    >
    > > I'll do you one better, Travis. When I first moved to Oregon, I read about the local park having
    > > bears. Sure enough, on one of my first rides I heard some rustling in the forest - and the sound
    > > of some BIG branches breaking (WAY to big to be human footsteps). So I picked my bike up and got
    > > ready to wave it in the air and make a lot of noise. The LAST thing I wanted to do was take off
    > > riding; that's an invitation for predators. I was hoping it'd just be a little one!
    > >
    > > Next thing I know, here come these three teenage boys walking off-trail. One of them jumps way
    > > up in the air and lands on a big branch, making a loud crack! I quietly lowered the bike and
    > > rode off, and they never knew what I was about to do. I felt pretty silly, but hey if it really
    > > had turned out to be a bear I would have been damn glad I didn't just assume otherwise. I still
    > > haven't seen a bear in that park, and I've come to the conclusion they're not really out there.
    > >
    > > The moral is: as long as you don't end up being some horror story in the newspapers, its all
    > > good. So I'm not cool enough for Kathleen either, but I can live with that.
    > >
    > > --
    > > -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
    >
    > Well there was this time I was riding solo... I stopped on the trail and put a foot down... I
    > heard a strange sctratching noise coming from down the trail and I could hear four running feet...
    > What could it be??? I stood there as the biggest hedgehog (?) came running straight for my leg....
    > it approached my leg at a full clip. I was convinced it was mad or rabid and was going to bite my
    > leg.... It ran stariaght at me under my leg and down the trail The little critter just kept
    > running down the trail... I was terrified by a little critter!!!! He wasn't mad or rabid... he was
    > just in a hurry to get somewhere!
    >

    > Jimbo... denies screaming like a terrified little girl ;-)...(san)

    I personally would be a little worried about what could have scared it that much, and was it
    close behind.
    --
    ~Travis

  16. Gyp

    Gyp Guest

    jimbo(san) wrote:
    > BB wrote: Well there was this time I was riding solo... I stopped on the trail and put a foot
    > down... I heard a strange sctratching noise coming from down the trail and I could hear four
    > running feet... What could it be??? I stood there as the biggest hedgehog (?) came running
    > straight for my leg.... it approached my leg at a full clip. I was convinced it was mad or rabid
    > and was going to bite my leg.... It ran stariaght at me under my leg and down the trail The little
    > critter just kept running down the trail... I was terrified by a little critter!!!! He wasn't mad
    > or rabid... he was just in a hurry to get somewhere!

    150 million years of evolution tells us that a strange noise is hostile for a very good reason...The
    reaction should be fight or flight..

    I was riding last weekend in a local forest (Bracknell) hardly anyone else there and I kept
    surprising deer (probably with my lyca shorts)<smile>. Which would shoot off (they didn't have guns
    BTW) into the undergrowth. No hassles, pretty, timid deer bouncing around very nice and cute.
    Remember thinking "ahhh" once or twice..

    Then on a nice long streight stretch I must have spooked something (might have been the shorts
    again)<Grin> because for the next 2/3 mins I had the found of something crashing through the
    undergrowth to my left hand side. Even though I kept telling myself it was a deer and it would stop,
    Trouble is I kept thinking if it was a deer it would figure out its mistake and stop. SO I kept
    trying to figure out what sort of beastie it was.

    Never did find out if it was another deer or a wild boar <Chuckle>

    Gyp

  17. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Technician wrote: <snip>
    >
    > Travis, do your homework. By the time an animal is far enough gone with rabies to be foaming at
    > the mouth, it's not going to be able to chase anyone or anything more than a few paces. The rabies
    > virus attacks the central nervous system. The frothing is caused by paralysis of the swallowing
    > muscles. Can't even swallow your own spit. Lots of other systems are affected by that point, and
    > anything like a determined pursuit is out of the question.
    >
    > I give it a C-.
    >
    > When do we get to hear your alien abduction story? Just a word of warning... If it doesn't involve
    > coercive mental influences, invasive medical procedures without anesthesia and/or metallic
    > implants placed where the sun don't shine, I can't give it better than a B, no matter what else it
    > includes.
    >
    > Kathleen
    > PS Paragraphs are our friends....

    On my honor as an honest bullshitter, the following is absolutely true: could I have made it up??

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=c96d7aca7cb1723&seekm=3AEDBC15.49-
    C57966%40qwest.net#link1

    Paladin

  18. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

    "jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Well there was this time I was riding solo... I stopped on the trail and
    put a
    > foot down... I heard a strange sctratching noise coming from down the
    trail
    > and I could hear four running feet... What could it be??? I stood there as the biggest hedgehog
    > (?) came running straight for my
    leg....
    > it approached my leg at a full clip. I was convinced it was mad or rabid and was going to bite my
    > leg.... It
    ran
    > stariaght at me under my leg and down the trail The little critter just kept running down the
    > trail... I was terrified by
    > little critter!!!! He wasn't mad or rabid... he was just in a hurry to get somewhere!
    >

    > Jimbo... denies screaming like a terrified little girl ;-)...(san)

    Don't feel bad.

    Once while resting during a climb I noticed a raccoon foraging in the brush. I made some noises to
    alert it to our presence and it looked up, made a bunch of squeaky noises and started moving towards
    us. I didn't scream run and pedal madly for fifteen feet or so. Then stopped and burst into laughter
    that we were running from a raccoon. In self defense it was probably rabid or sick given that this
    happened in the middle of the afternoon.

    Chris

  19. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > BB wrote:
    >
    > > I'll do you one better, Travis. When I first moved to Oregon, I read
    about
    > > the local park having bears. Sure enough, on one of my first rides I
    heard
    > > some rustling in the forest - and the sound of some BIG branches
    breaking
    > > (WAY to big to be human footsteps). So I picked my bike up and got ready to wave it in the air
    > > and make a lot of noise. The LAST thing I wanted
    > > do was take off riding; that's an invitation for predators. I was hoping it'd just be a
    > > little one!
    > >
    > > Next thing I know, here come these three teenage boys walking off-trail. One of them jumps way
    > > up in the air and lands on a big branch, making a loud crack! I quietly lowered the bike and
    > > rode off, and they never knew what I was about to do. I felt pretty silly, but hey if it really
    > > had turned out to be a bear I would have been damn glad I didn't just assume otherwise. I still
    > > haven't seen a bear in that park, and I've come to
    the
    > > conclusion they're not really out there.
    > >
    > > The moral is: as long as you don't end up being some horror story in the newspapers, its all
    > > good. So I'm not cool enough for Kathleen either,
    but
    > > I can live with that.
    > >
    > > --
    > > -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
    >
    > Well there was this time I was riding solo... I stopped on the trail and
    put a
    > foot down... I heard a strange sctratching noise coming from down the
    trail
    > and I could hear four running feet... What could it be??? I stood there as the biggest hedgehog
    > (?) came running straight for my
    leg....
    > it approached my leg at a full clip. I was convinced it was mad or rabid and was going to bite my
    > leg.... It
    ran
    > stariaght at me under my leg and down the trail The little critter just kept running down the
    > trail... I was terrified by
    > little critter!!!! He wasn't mad or rabid... he was just in a hurry to get somewhere!
    >

    > Jimbo... denies screaming like a terrified little girl ;-)...(san)

    I had a chipmunk jump up on my (jeans covered) leg once, then shoot back into its hole and start
    chattering at me. Happened right behind my house when I was like 13, when I was taking a shortcut on
    my bike to a friend's house. Freaked the hell out of me, too. We now have chipmunks under my deck
    that drive my dog crazy (he's a ratter, so he sees small furry thing, and goes nuts). We've got a
    raised screened porch with a ground-level deck, and the chipmunks live under the deck. One (or more,
    can't really tell the difference) gets out of the hole, jumps up on the corner of the deck, and just
    stares at my dog (who's barking his head off behind hte screen), and just kinda sits there on his
    hind legs. Jerk!

    Jon Bond

  20. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Paladin <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Technician wrote: <snip>
    > >
    > > Travis, do your homework. By the time an animal is far enough gone with rabies to be foaming at
    > > the mouth, it's not going to be able to chase anyone or anything more than a few paces. The
    > > rabies virus attacks the central nervous system. The frothing is caused by paralysis of the
    > > swallowing muscles. Can't even swallow your own spit. Lots of other systems are affected by that
    > > point, and anything like a determined pursuit is out of the question.
    > >
    > > I give it a C-.
    > >
    > > When do we get to hear your alien abduction story? Just a word of warning... If it doesn't
    > > involve coercive mental influences, invasive medical procedures without anesthesia and/or
    > > metallic implants placed where the sun don't shine, I can't give it better than a B, no matter
    > > what else it includes.
    > >
    > > Kathleen
    > > PS Paragraphs are our friends....
    >

    > On my honor as an honest bullshitter, the following is absolutely true: could I have made it up??

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=c96d7aca7c
    b1723&seekm=3AEDBC15.49C57966%40qwest.net#link1

    > Paladin

    Heheheheheh - I remember getting a chuckle from that when you first posted
    it. Cheers!

    Shaun aRe