RR: Rage Ride

Corvus Corvax

Guest
It's a beautiful, slightly cool, slightly hazy morning as I sprint out onto Riverside drive on the
fix. The rush of late-for-work pinheads is over, and traffic is pretty light. That doesn't stop the
odd idiot from pulling some stupid stunt. I fall into an even, loose spin.

Nothin proper about ya propaganda Fools follow the rules when the set commands ya They said it was
blue When the blood was red That's how you got a bullet blasted through ya head

Onto the Greenway at 72nd St., moving fast. Out past the Dept. of Sanitation pier, parallel to the
West Side Highway, full of jockeying, honking SUVs.

Blasted through ya head Blasted through ya head

Past the Intrepid, huge yellow ribbon enveloping the bow, precious few tourists milling around.
Straight across the street, Falun Gong protesters meditate outside the Chinese Embassy.

I give a shout out to the living dead Who stood and watched as the Feds cold centralized So serene
on the screen You was mesmerized Cellular phones soundin' a death tone Corporations cold Turn ya to
stone before ya realize

I am warmed up, cruising on the super-smooth one-speed. Past Chelsea Piers, where tourists come for
the chance to hit a bucket of golf balls in Manhattan. I wiggle through the chicane, and even now
pull in my breath as I hit the straightaway. Fast down the island.

They load the clip in omnicolor They pack the 9, they fire it at prime time Sleeping gas, every home
was like Alcatraz

A left onto Chambers Street, and I'm in the fun. Chambers is always a mess, and today is no
exception. Some shithead yuppie careens around me, horn blaring. I'll be seeing him in a minute.
Stop at the light, wait for the cross traffic. Light turns green, and ten seconds later I'm up to
the back of a conga line of cars and box trucks. I slip to the left, ride the double yellow down to
the light, past the hapless yuppie who was honking at me a block back. Hi!

Just victims of the in-house drive-by They say jump, you say how high

The yuppie is behind me again, leaning on his horn, trying to pressure
me. I'm moving at maybe 18 mph on the fix, and a van driver throws open his door, right in my face.
Had I been six inches further right, I would have been in the hospital.

No escape from the mass mind rape Play it again jack and then rewind the tape Play it again and
again and again Until ya mind is locked in.

The yuppie pulls around me then screeches to a halt fifty yards later in a line of a dozen cars. I
glide by to the left, make the corner at City Hall, and never see him again. I climb up onto the
Brooklyn Bridge, and take in the city, the Chrysler Building and the Empire State Building rising
through the haze to the north, the downtown skyline, the Statue of Liberty.

Believin' all the lies that they're tellin' ya Buying all the products that they're sellin' ya They
say jump Ya say how high Ya brain dead

Instead of heading straight back to the Greenway, I head up Hudson, just for the sport. As usual,
the bike lane means "double parking zone", and I am out in the center with the traffic headed for
the Holland Tunnel. I hock a big loogie on the H2 hanging out into the bike lane.

Just victims of the in-house drive-by They say jump, you say how high

Back on Riverside uptown, some nitwit in a Lexus SUV pulls out into stopped traffic, completely
blocking the northbound lane. I skid my rear as I stop next to his open window. "Give me a break,
man!" I say. The SUV driver is immensely obese, must be four hundred pounds at

I'll still be riding.

Ya standin' in line Believing the lies Ya bowin' down to the flag Ya got a bullet in ya head

I ride home, suddenly serene.

CC

Corvus Corvax wrote:

> Back on Riverside uptown, some nitwit in a Lexus SUV pulls out into stopped traffic, completely
> blocking the northbound lane. I skid my rear as I stop next to his open window. "Give me a break,
> man!" I say. The SUV driver is immensely obese, must be four hundred pounds at

> I'll still be riding.
>
> Ya standin' in line Believing the lies Ya bowin' down to the flag Ya got a bullet in ya head
>
> I ride home, suddenly serene.
>
> CC

Very Nice Corv... Reminds me of the fool who cut me and Carla off... Driving a supersize SUV with
a bumper sticker that read... Say No To Foreign Oil... When we caught up it was an extremely Obese
woman smoking a cigarette... Couldn't stop laughing... I guess her foriegn dependence on oil will
end shortly anyhow... :p btw did you know when I spell checked this... your name came up as
Corpus Cervix.

Jimbo(san)

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> It's a beautiful, slightly cool, slightly hazy morning as I sprint out onto Riverside drive on the
> fix. The rush of late-for-work pinheads is over, and traffic is pretty light. That doesn't stop
> the odd idiot from pulling some stupid stunt. I fall into an even, loose spin.
>
> CC

Its a shame rage broke up, great band. Audioslave just sucks, but Rage, they were the shiznit.

Keep on keepin' on, Corvus! If you ever make it up Boston way in the fall, or CT way in the summer,
let me know!

Jon Bond

<top posting to avoid snipping such great reading> I liked that, I love city rides and I have ridden
some of where you described. Awesome

Simon.........was once an englishman in new york but will never be an alien.

"Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]

> They say jump Ya say how high Ya brain dead

> Instead of heading straight back to the Greenway, I head up Hudson, just for the sport. As usual,
> the bike lane means "double parking zone", and I am out in the center with the traffic headed for
> the Holland Tunnel. I hock a big loogie on the H2 hanging out into the bike lane.
>
> Just victims of the in-house drive-by They say jump, you say how high
>
> Back on Riverside uptown, some nitwit in a Lexus SUV pulls out into stopped traffic, completely
> blocking the northbound lane. I skid my rear as I stop next to his open window. "Give me a break,
> man!" I say. The SUV driver is immensely obese, must be four hundred pounds at

> I'll still be riding.
>
> Ya standin' in line Believing the lies Ya bowin' down to the flag Ya got a bullet in ya head

Gotta love the anger, I know it keeps me going sometimes!
--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

"jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote

> did you know when I spell checked this... your name came up as Corpus Cervix.

While "Corpus Cervix" has _all kinds_ of possibilities, I have to wonder: what's with spell
checking my posts?

How's the L.I. trail situation? I'm figuring Blue Mountain is still going to be total slop, but
maybe Ringwood will be good soon. The hardtail is whispering to me in my sleep. I can tell.

CC

"Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote
> >
> > did you know when I spell checked this... your name came up as Corpus Cervix.
>
> While "Corpus Cervix" has _all kinds_ of possibilities, I have to wonder: what's with spell
> checking my posts?

My guess is that Jim merely spell-checked his REPLY to you, which of course included your Copious
Corvair :)

Bill "a good paranoia is a terrible thing to ruin" S.

> [...]

> They say jump Ya say how high Ya brain dead

> Instead of heading straight back to the Greenway, I head up Hudson, just for the sport. As usual,
> the bike lane means "double parking zone", and I am out in the center with the traffic headed for
> the Holland Tunnel. I hock a big loogie on the H2 hanging out into the bike lane.
>
> Just victims of the in-house drive-by They say jump, you say how high
>
> Back on Riverside uptown, some nitwit in a Lexus SUV pulls out into stopped traffic, completely
> blocking the northbound lane. I skid my rear as I stop next to his open window. "Give me a break,
> man!" I say. The SUV driver is immensely obese, must be four hundred pounds at

> I'll still be riding.
>
> Ya standin' in line Believing the lies Ya bowin' down to the flag Ya got a bullet in ya head

Damn good stuff. No bull$!it, as I'm sitting back reading the RR, I'm almost in a trance-like state,
reciting the words and almost feel the cars on either side of me.

I need another dunkel.

Lance

Corves Cervix (corrected by spell check) <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "jimbo(san)" <[email protected]> wrote
> >
> > did you know when I spell checked this... your name came up as Corpus Cervix.
>
> While "Corpus Cervix" has _all kinds_ of possibilities, I have to wonder: what's with spell
> checking my posts?
>
> How's the L.I. trail situation? I'm figuring Blue Mountain is still going to be total slop, but
> maybe Ringwood will be good soon. The hardtail is whispering to me in my sleep. I can tell.
>
> CC

Sony (corrected in spell check) is correct I spell check my own post... especially when I use big
words like Foreign(corrected in spell check... again ;-) )... I keep hearing the trails are okay
here and then it rains the day after I hear that! I am thinking Ringwood might be a good idea....
Maybe we can get Frankie to show us the Ramapo ride... Don't worry I have a map too :) I have
ridden parts of that and it is a lot of fun. Rocky Point is open by the way... Maybe this time you
can ride it before it is 100 degrees and 100% humidity! It is the perfect venue for the SS!

Jumbo...corrected by spell check...(san)

Hi Jumbo --

"Jimbo\(san\)" <[email protected]> wrote

> Sony (corrected in spell check) is correct I spell check my own post...

D'oh! That would explain it.

My spellcheck suggests calling you "Limbo" or "Bimbo" in addition to "Jumbo".

> Rocky Point is open by the way... Maybe this time you can ride it before it is 100 degrees and
> 100% humidity! It is the perfect venue for the SS!

Indeed it would be. This weekend will not work, nor next. But after that we should hook up.

CC

On 3 Apr 2003 10:03:40 -0800, [email protected] (Corvus Corvax) wrote: [snip best RR of the
past 3 years]

Nice, very nice indeed!

Peace, bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
:-]