RR: ride cut short

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Natas Lived, Jun 12, 2003.

  1. Natas Lived

    Natas Lived Guest

    Didn't have any work to do today so me and a couple friends headed over to Golden Gate State Park.
    It is just West of Denver. We went in the back way and had planned for our friend that had to leave
    early to drop us off at the top of White Ranch so we could catch most of the downhill back to the
    cars. It was not to be.

    Right after we started down the creek side section of the mountain lion trail disaster struck.

    I think my buddy might have broken his arm. Right below the shoulder. I'm sure he is hanging out at
    the emergency room right now. He went over the bars on a pretty nasty section and landed like a side
    of beef on the ground. Then bounced off the trail onto a pile of old fallen trees. Oh yeah, then his
    bike caught up with him and landed on top of him. All of in happened in a millisecond.

    We make him a sling and proceeded to hike back out. Fortunately it was mostly downhill back to the
    car since I had to push his and my bike. Not the end to the afternoon I was hoping for. Could have
    been way worse though.

    Tags:

  2. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Natas Lived <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Didn't have any work to do today so me and a couple friends headed over to Golden Gate State Park.
    > It is just West of Denver. We went in the back
    way
    > and had planned for our friend that had to leave early to drop us off at
    the
    > top of White Ranch so we could catch most of the downhill back to the
    cars.
    > It was not to be.
    >
    > Right after we started down the creek side section of the mountain lion trail disaster struck.
    >
    > I think my buddy might have broken his arm. Right below the shoulder.
    I'm
    > sure he is hanging out at the emergency room right now. He went over the bars on a pretty nasty
    > section and landed like a side of beef on the
    ground.
    > Then bounced off the trail onto a pile of old fallen trees. Oh yeah, then his bike caught up with
    > him and landed on top of him. All of in happened
    in
    > a millisecond.
    >
    > We make him a sling and proceeded to hike back out. Fortunately it was mostly downhill back to the
    > car since I had to push his and my bike. Not the end to the afternoon I was hoping for. Could have
    > been way worse though.

    On Fr. 13th? Hell yeah ',;~}~

    Hey, hope the guy's alright. When you see him next, give him a big old slap up-side the head and
    tell him not to do it again, OK?

    Shaun aRe