RR: River Road and the some

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Martees, Apr 10, 2003.

  1. Martees

    Martees Guest

    Well yesterday was a wet and rainy day with some wind and temps in the upper 30's. Perfect day for a
    ride I figured!! So I put myself together and hit the road down to the trail head. I decided to run
    it in reverse so I stayed on the road a little longer and went in at the top. There's a petroleum
    pipeline which makes for a fairly mudless run. The trails I ride along the Patapsco are rarely
    ridden by MTB's but the horses can tear up some areas. All-in-all the trails were not muddy at all
    but were damp and spongey. The stream crossings were a bit "full" so staying feet dry was out of the
    question. There was a VERY nice downhill section that made me pay close attention. Wet sticks and
    logs do fun things to your steering! I had to unclip once and let the bike do it's thing. I landed
    on my feet and running downhill.

    By the time I got back to my garage I had logged about 14 miles which is by far the longest ride of
    the season for me. I felt pretty good about it eventhough I had a total change in elevation of about
    1200 feet!!! You have to love the flat lands.

    Marty

    Tags:

  2. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:49:30 -0400, "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Well yesterday was a wet and rainy day with some wind and temps in the upper 30's. Perfect day for
    >a ride I figured!! So I put myself together and hit the road down to the trail head. I decided to
    >run it in reverse so I stayed on the road a little longer and went in at the top. There's a
    >petroleum pipeline which makes for a fairly mudless run. The trails I ride along the Patapsco are
    >rarely ridden by MTB's but the horses can tear up some areas. All-in-all the trails were not muddy
    >at all but were damp and spongey. The stream crossings were a bit "full" so staying feet dry was
    >out of the question. There was a VERY nice downhill section that made me pay close attention. Wet
    >sticks and logs do fun things to your steering! I had to unclip once and let the bike do it's
    >thing. I landed on my feet and running downhill.
    >
    >By the time I got back to my garage I had logged about 14 miles which is by far the longest ride of
    >the season for me. I felt pretty good about it eventhough I had a total change in elevation of
    >about 1200 feet!!! You have to love the flat lands.
    >
    >Marty

    Keep posting Marty, 14 miles in Patapsco is a good ride.

    :-]