RR: River Road and the some

Martees

Guest
Well yesterday was a wet and rainy day with some wind and temps in the upper 30's. Perfect day for a
ride I figured!! So I put myself together and hit the road down to the trail head. I decided to run
it in reverse so I stayed on the road a little longer and went in at the top. There's a petroleum
pipeline which makes for a fairly mudless run. The trails I ride along the Patapsco are rarely
ridden by MTB's but the horses can tear up some areas. All-in-all the trails were not muddy at all
but were damp and spongey. The stream crossings were a bit "full" so staying feet dry was out of the
question. There was a VERY nice downhill section that made me pay close attention. Wet sticks and
logs do fun things to your steering! I had to unclip once and let the bike do it's thing. I landed
on my feet and running downhill.

By the time I got back to my garage I had logged about 14 miles which is by far the longest ride of
the season for me. I felt pretty good about it eventhough I had a total change in elevation of about
1200 feet!!! You have to love the flat lands.

Marty

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:49:30 -0400, "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Well yesterday was a wet and rainy day with some wind and temps in the upper 30's. Perfect day for
>a ride I figured!! So I put myself together and hit the road down to the trail head. I decided to
>run it in reverse so I stayed on the road a little longer and went in at the top. There's a
>petroleum pipeline which makes for a fairly mudless run. The trails I ride along the Patapsco are
>rarely ridden by MTB's but the horses can tear up some areas. All-in-all the trails were not muddy
>at all but were damp and spongey. The stream crossings were a bit "full" so staying feet dry was
>out of the question. There was a VERY nice downhill section that made me pay close attention. Wet
>sticks and logs do fun things to your steering! I had to unclip once and let the bike do it's
>thing. I landed on my feet and running downhill.
>
>By the time I got back to my garage I had logged about 14 miles which is by far the longest ride of
>the season for me. I felt pretty good about it eventhough I had a total change in elevation of
>about 1200 feet!!! You have to love the flat lands.
>
>Marty

Keep posting Marty, 14 miles in Patapsco is a good ride.

:-]