RR: Round Valley, NJ - Pics too

Carla A-G

Guest
Jim, Frankie Froglegs and myself went to Round Valley, NJ for an epic day of riding:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/83043198/86429167thrsDe

http://community.webshots.com/photo/83043198/86429553lIqqPJ

Some pre-ride pix...

This is what all the cool kids are riding:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/83043198/86423573WYZdIv

Carla, prep'd to ride:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/83043198/86422871xrmIMR

Frank, prep'd to ride:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/83043198/86422939egZngu

Jim, prep'd to ride:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/83043198/86422982XneRFD

The climbing seemed endless. We just kept going up, up, up...

We got to the top after a few hours of climbing up and around the valley reservoir. We got to the
top and enjoyed the view below. The weather was hot and humid. We were drenched in our own sweat
from the heat. The climb was rocky and technical all the way up, but what goes up, must come down
eventually...

We saw much wildlife, beavers and deer on our way down...big, fat, hairy spiders crawling on my
arms...we didn't see any bears, thank goodness...

Jim, enjoying the scenery and the ride:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/83043198/86428617xArWAn

http://community.webshots.com/photo/83043198/86428987pkdEVX

http://community.webshots.com/photo/83043198/86429125twiJfG

Frank, at a trail marker:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/83043198/86428443piyJJX

Carla and Jim riding the trails:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/83043198/86428378aXLEyw

http://community.webshots.com/photo/83043198/86428406HQAddz

We had a great day of riding and much fun was had over the 6 hours worth that we spent there. After
the ride, we jumped into the reservoir to cool down and take a dip.

Later on, we invaded the chinese buffet and went to our place for some well deserved
servings of ale...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Thanks for those. Very inspiring and very nice scenery too. I've never been to Canada.

I should take some photos next time we're out too, though we're a motley bunch and probably wouldn't
look like mtb'ers to you!

--
...meandering mule...

"mule" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thanks for those. Very inspiring and very nice scenery too. I've never
been
> to Canada.
>
> I should take some photos next time we're out too, though we're a motley bunch and probably
> wouldn't look like mtb'ers to you!

Round Valley, New Jersey, USA.

Not Canada.

And yes, take some pics and post them too...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Oops! I keep reading "Canadian girls kick ass" and forget... NJ is very nice too. lol

Will take some on our next ride - maybe me in a heap at the bottom of a hill!

--
...meandering mule...

> Jim, Frankie Froglegs and myself went to Round Valley, NJ for an epic day
of
> riding:

Very nice. I was in Jersey about five years ago, but it was the southern half, and was not aware of
the nice hilly terrain in central Jersey. I find southern Jersey to be a lot like south Louisiana.