RR same old stuff.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Penny S., May 29, 2003.

  1. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Thursday is always ride day. I had to see the hand doc first, got my "release" as in "looks good
    don't come back".

    So pleasant down by the river. It's early not too hot. Bike feels different, I've had a creeping
    seat post problem, finally got the seat back up for a good extension, much better. The last few
    rides I have felt like crap due to horrible allergies and not a lot of sleep, today I feel good!
    Kathleen is the one who's out of it withthe pine pollen.

    We take the usual loop, tracing much of the 24 hour course. It doesn't look too beat up. The Saigon
    area is starting to get overgrown, a narrow track with weeds and grassed getting to be 4 ft high. No
    big deal except for the nettles and poison ivy.

    mmm... fun, I took the hubby's advice to power through the baby heads and now I"m getting good at
    moving through/over them, as compared to picking my way through in a granny gear. Lots of power
    today, ,this is the best I've felt in about 4-5 ride. Powered ver the log pile, and amazingly
    enough never hit the granny gear going up half mile hill. (high five) That really brought to
    mind how your energy level can vary so much due to different factors.

    the Devil's drop wasn't too trashed from the race but I didn't run it clean today. Oh well, a two
    footed dab is better than a wipeout any day,

    Silly move of the day was on a little move on a small section of tiny babyheads and there was this
    tree.....no no, just a little one, about 2" I put my hand out to steady myself, and my glove snagged
    and over I went. D'oh!! 12 miles in an hour and half, for those of you that care.

    On the way home, stopped at lbs to get a new helmet for the whiny kid, he really did need a new one.
    Also, I"m getting a new chain put on the Svelte Hawaiin. Nothing like hearing the lbs guy mutter
    "sweet ride" under his breath as he wheels it away.

    last note. They had a helmet I almost bought.... white with blue daisies on it, the perfect match to
    my new ensemble. Kids L, oh well, cute anyway.

    Tags:

  2. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Thu, 29 May 2003 15:33:18 -0700, Penny S. wrote:

    > mmm... fun, I took the hubby's advice to power through the baby heads and now I"m getting good at
    > moving through/over them, as compared to picking my way through in a granny gear.

    Omm, getting spoiled by that suspension I see...

    > Silly move of the day was on a little move on a small section of tiny babyheads and there was this
    > tree.....no no, just a little one, about 2" I put my hand out to steady myself, and my glove
    > snagged and over I went. D'oh!! 12 miles in an hour and half, for those of you that care.

    Some trees just have to make up for all the ones that've saved us, I guess. That's a pretty quick
    pace for technical stuff!

  3. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    BB thoughtfully penned:
    > On Thu, 29 May 2003 15:33:18 -0700, Penny S. wrote:
    >
    >> mmm... fun, I took the hubby's advice to power through the baby heads and now I"m getting good at
    >> moving through/over them, as compared to picking my way through in a granny gear.
    >
    > Omm, getting spoiled by that suspension I see...
    >
    >> Silly move of the day was on a little move on a small section of tiny babyheads and there was
    >> this tree.....no no, just a little one, about 2" I put my hand out to steady myself, and my glove
    >> snagged and over I went. D'oh!! 12 miles in an hour and half, for those of you that care.
    >
    > Some trees just have to make up for all the ones that've saved us, I guess. That's a pretty quick
    > pace for technical stuff!

    This loop has it all.... fast single track. double track, not fun climbs, and some technical bits.

    Penny

  4. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > Thursday is always ride day. I had to see the hand doc first, got my "release" as in "looks good
    > don't come back".

    Congrats! There's nothing better than closing a chapter to an injury.

    > mmm... fun, I took the hubby's advice to power through the baby heads

    I'm glad the "go for it" worked out OK in your case this time! ;)

    > put my hand out to steady myself, and my glove snagged and over I went. D'oh!! 12 miles in an hour
    > and half, for those of you that care.

    Nice. That's truckin' in anyone's book.

  5. Cleanbean

    Cleanbean Guest

    > Thursday is always ride day. I had to see the hand doc first, got my "release" as in "looks good
    > don't come back".
    >
    > Snip

    Thur. is our ride day too. 3 guys and 3 gals. It was one hot ride. The temp was up to 98F with no
    breeze and we got toasted. We could only hang for about an hour. Usually there is a breeze to help
    cool us down but not this time.

    Cleanbean