Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

RR: Saturday in the desert

Started by Paladin · · Last activity · 5 posts · 431 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
1 March 2005
Last activity
1 March 2005
Original author
Paladin
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
431
Views / 30 days
4

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Saturday afternoon was cool and clear. I rode from the house with a
    half-full camelback, hoping there was food in it somewhere,and headed
    south via road for the desert.

    Within half an hour I'd left all vestiges of civilization behind. Past
    the National Guard installation, the gravel pits, the state pen, the
    bmx track, going, going, gone.... just me and the sage brush.

    Gently rolling hills and nothing for as far as the eye could see. Not
    jack. Not Squat. Far distance are snow capped peaks to my left
    (east) and straight ahead to the south.

    Got my deep into a zen groovy state:

    breathing slow, heartrate nice and slow

    eyes glazed

    legs spinning with a mind of their own

    hypnotized by the tunes of rubber playing on sand

    quiet my soul, juvenating the brain

    harmony, rythm, softly rockin and rollin.

    40 mi later, legs aching - water gone

    grinning like a fool let out of prison.

    back to the hacienda 4 hours richer.

    Wife notices the SS stayed home; asks if I'd gone for a run or walk.

    Naah, took the lonesome, jealous red geared baby for a spin.

    CDB

  2. Good stuff , CDB. I had to opt for suburban singletrack because not
    much else was dry enough. I still had to portage some mud in a couple
    of places, but hey, I was in the dirt and on the SS.

    The weekend warriors out here are much slower than the Colorado ones.

    JD

  3. Paladin said:

    40 mi later, legs aching - water gone

    grinning like a fool let out of prison.

    back to the hacienda 4 hours richer.

    Wife notices the SS stayed home; asks if I'd gone for a run or walk.

    Naah, took the lonesome, jealous red geared baby for a spin.

    CDB

    40 miles?
    nice!
    I would kill for a 4 miler right about now...
    Have been working on trail running on fire roads...
    the trails are soup right now

    ---> Jim

  4. "Jimbo (san)" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Paladin said:

    40 mi later, legs aching - water gone

    grinning like a fool let out of prison.

    back to the hacienda 4 hours richer.

    Wife notices the SS stayed home; asks if I'd gone for a run or walk.

    Naah, took the lonesome, jealous red geared baby for a spin.

    CDB

    40 miles?
    nice!
    I would kill for a 4 miler right about now...
    Have been working on trail running on fire roads...
    the trails are soup right now

    ---> Jim
    Jimbo(san)

    Yeah, it hurt like crazy, the last few miles on the road back to town. I
    musta looked pretty scary too when I stopped at a C-store to get a jerky
    stick and a giant Beer. Got lots of looks. Mud, sweat and gears. that's
    the name of the game.

    Got home, made a protein shake and hit the recliner to get off my legs.
    Haven't felt so good since finishing the bonus piece at our McCall epic last
    summer, if you remember....

    CDB

  5. Paladin said:

    Yeah, it hurt like crazy, the last few miles on the road back to town. I
    musta looked pretty scary too when I stopped at a C-store to get a jerky
    stick and a giant Beer. Got lots of looks. Mud, sweat and gears. that's
    the name of the game.

    Got home, made a protein shake and hit the recliner to get off my legs.
    Haven't felt so good since finishing the bonus piece at our McCall epic last
    summer, if you remember....

    CDB

    Well you influenced me in all kinds of bad ways... Took my lunch and hiked over to the park and took a long long walk first and last mile through snow...
    Looks like it is clear enough over there to start bringing the fixie for lunchtime rides... So I guess it was a scouting trip of sorts...
    Yes I remember the extra bonus ride you all took... That was just abuse over and above the call of duty!

    ---> Jim

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.