RR the gadget girl

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Penny S., Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    breakthrough day, hubby can't resist the call of the sun and agrees to go ride with me. We have to
    do SOMETHING to work off the excellent steak dinners we had for his b-day last night. Kamikaze 2
    gives us a call early so we decide to make it a threesome.

    Gadget girl .. why that? I'm the only one that brings a friggin' pack. I have the new camera of
    course, hubby tosses in the GPS just for grins. I make a joke about the cell phone but we all know
    it's just a joke. I do mean to pick up my multi tool but I forgot. Good thing Craig has his as his
    new (replacement) cleat pulls right out of his shoe, totally jammed in the pedal. That was not a
    trail side repair, that was a deal with it until we get home.

    Another gorgeous day.... part of me wants to stop and try out the new macro on the shooting stars (
    a wildflower) but that's better done when it's just
    me. Craig's gotta always check out the rapids, this time with scenery bonuses:
    www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/toenailgrrls.jpg

    anyway not much new to report on this ride. The gully where I endo'd last year is giving me a bit of
    trouble ( I know, I know it's all in my head) and I cleaned the devils down again. I attempted to
    take photos of the riders coming up half mile hill but I screwed up the settings.

    back home, move topsoil for the wall all afternoon. I did want to use the GPS data just to find out
    what the climb on "half mile hill" is so I got the thing all hooked up to the PC and downloaded the
    trail.. a whopping 250 feet of gravel and sand in about .75 of a mile.

    Penny
     
    Tags:


  2. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 21:04:13 -0700, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >breakthrough day, hubby can't resist the call of the sun and agrees to go ride with me. We have to
    >do SOMETHING to work off the excellent steak dinners we had for his b-day last night. Kamikaze 2
    >gives us a call early so we decide to make it a threesome.
    >
    >Gadget girl .. why that? I'm the only one that brings a friggin' pack. I have the new camera of
    >course, hubby tosses in the GPS just for grins. I make a joke about the cell phone but we all know
    >it's just a joke. I do mean to pick up my multi tool but I forgot. Good thing Craig has his as his
    >new (replacement) cleat pulls right out of his shoe, totally jammed in the pedal. That was not a
    >trail side repair, that was a deal with it until we get home.
    >
    >Another gorgeous day.... part of me wants to stop and try out the new macro on the shooting stars (
    >a wildflower) but that's better done when it's just
    >me. Craig's gotta always check out the rapids, this time with scenery bonuses:
    > www.specialtyoutdoors.com/images/toenailgrrls.jpg
    >
    >anyway not much new to report on this ride. The gully where I endo'd last year is giving me a bit
    >of trouble ( I know, I know it's all in my head) and I cleaned the devils down again. I attempted
    >to take photos of the riders coming up half mile hill but I screwed up the settings.
    >
    >back home, move topsoil for the wall all afternoon. I did want to use the GPS data just to find out
    >what the climb on "half mile hill" is so I got the thing all hooked up to the PC and downloaded the
    >trail.. a whopping 250 feet of gravel and sand in about .75 of a mile.
    >
    >Penny

    Nice, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
    should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]
     
  3. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Bill Wheeler wrote:
    > On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 21:04:13 -0700, "Penny S."

    > <RR snipped>>

    >> Penny
    >
    > Nice, Bill.

    I'm beginning to think that you post that to EVERY ride report!!

    cut and paste

    ;-)

    penny
     
  4. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 20:18:06 -0700, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Bill Wheeler wrote:
    >> On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 21:04:13 -0700, "Penny S."
    >
    >> <RR snipped>>
    >
    >
    >>> Penny
    >>
    >> Nice, Bill.
    >
    >I'm beginning to think that you post that to EVERY ride report!!
    >
    >cut and paste
    >
    >;-)
    >
    >penny
    >
    It's all I can type without making a typo.

    Pease,
    lliB.The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should
    give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]
     
  5. Notaknob

    Notaknob Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > Gadget girl .. why that? I'm the only one that brings a friggin' pack. I have the new camera of
    > course, hubby tosses in the GPS just for grins. I make a joke about the cell phone but we all know
    > it's just a joke. I do mean to pick up my multi tool but I forgot. Good thing Craig has his as his
    > new (replacement) cleat pulls right out of his shoe, totally jammed in the pedal. That was not a
    > trail side repair, that was a deal with it until we get home.
    >
    >
    Sometimes I have problems with vowels. First glance at this post read "gidget girl".

    That just drummed up visions of "beach blanket bingo".

    nk m - i - c - k - e - y ...
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Loading...