RR: The real true a.m-b UK meet truth (not like that other one...) (Oh, it's a bit long, prolly...).

> Cinder Girl <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > Well the general stereotype over here is that the Brits and the Irish
can
> > hold their liquor much better than we can. Its just a stereotype but
I'm

I go thru their pockets, ****** their watches, car keys and wedding rings and get the hell out!

> Cinder Girl wrote:
>
> > LAX, huh? Is the bar still there? I usually just steal the bar glasses
but
> > its nice when they give them to you ;)
>
> I've no idea. The last time I went through LAX, I wasn't even old enough to drink :)
>
> --
> a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
>
> a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Hmmmmm.... I'll just have to keep it mind. I remember there was a Cheers bar somewhere where they
put Cliff and Norm robots or some such thing. Then the real Cliff and Norm actors sued. I wonder if
its the same place ....

Cinder Girl wrote:
> I go thru their pockets, ****** their watches, car keys and wedding rings and get the hell out!

Just steal the wedding ring. They will have enough trouble when they go home without it. ;-)

"John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Cinder Girl wrote:
> > I go thru their pockets, ****** their watches, car keys and wedding
rings
> > and get the hell out!
>
> Just steal the wedding ring. They will have enough trouble when they go home without it. ;-)

True story. I have a friend who lost his wedding ring at some place called 90 mile beach (NZ or
Australia I think?). His wife sent him back out that night to look for it. All alone. In the dark.
Searching an enormous pile of sand for a tiny ring. He never found it.

Cinder Girl wrote:
> "John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>

>>Cinder Girl wrote:
>>
>>>I go thru their pockets, ****** their watches, car keys and wedding
>>
> rings
>
>>>and get the hell out!
>>
>>Just steal the wedding ring. They will have enough trouble when they go home without it. ;-)
>>

> True story. I have a friend who lost his wedding ring at some place called 90 mile beach (NZ or
> Australia I think?). His wife sent him back out that night to look for it. All alone. In the dark.
> Searching an enormous pile of sand for a tiny ring. He never found it.

We were out grouper fishing on my ex-boat and I was gutting and cleaning our catch .. I leaned over
the rail to rinse my hands off, gave them a brisk shake and <plunk> my wedding ring slipped off my
finger and descended to the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico.. I instanly dove in after it (boning knife
in hand even) but it descended faster than I could.. Gone forever!

SWMBO would not have believed it if she wasn't standing right next to me and saw the whole thing!

John G wrote:

> Cinder Girl wrote:

>> rings

>>> Just steal the wedding ring. They will have enough trouble when they go home without it. ;-)
>>>

>> True story. I have a friend who lost his wedding ring at some place called 90 mile beach (NZ or
>> Australia I think?). His wife sent him back out that night to look for it. All alone. In the
>> dark. Searching an enormous pile of sand for a tiny ring. He never found it.
>

> We were out grouper fishing on my ex-boat and I was gutting and cleaning our catch .. I leaned
> over the rail to rinse my hands off, gave them a brisk shake and <plunk> my wedding ring slipped
> off my finger and descended to the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico.. I instanly dove in after it
> (boning knife in hand even) but it descended faster than I could.. Gone forever!
>
> SWMBO would not have believed it if she wasn't standing right next to me and saw the whole thing!

We went on a float trip with a some friends of ours who'd been married about two weeks.
Dave dove into the water, his ring slipped off, and it was gone. In spite of being told it
was a lost cause, he insisted on paying to rent scuba tanks so Dan and I could look for it.
In 12 feet of murky Meramec river water, with a mud, rock and mussel shell bottom. We
looked. It was very creepy and dark; I decided then and there that I was constitutionally
unsuited to search and recover work. We found lots of other things, but no ring, and thank
god, no dead bodies or giant catfish or anything like that, which was what I kept
expecting, groping around down there in the half light. Dave decided to chalk the expense
up to mental health - he needed to know he'd tried everything to get his ring back before
he could start getting over it.

Kathleen

"Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:00:33 -0800, "Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > [snip]
> > >
> > >I usually just steal the bar glasses but its nice when they give them to you ;)
> > >

> > Damn, could this possibly be the perfect girl?
> >
> > Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the
> > mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
> > :-]
>
> Yep thats me! Just last weekend I told the hubby ... all these guys may
be
> staring at my see through shirt, but you're the only one who gets to drive me home, watch me trip
> over all the stairs, stumble into bed, pass out and snore all night ;)

A truly fortunate man! ;^)

Mike

> "Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:00:33 -0800, "Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > [snip]

> > > Damn, could this possibly be the perfect girl?
> > >
> > > Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is,
> > > the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
> > > :-]
> >
> > Yep thats me! Just last weekend I told the hubby ... all these guys may
> be
> > staring at my see through shirt, but you're the only one who gets to
drive
> > me home, watch me trip over all the stairs, stumble into bed, pass out
and
> > snore all night ;)
> >

> A truly fortunate man! ;^)
>
> Mike

And don't forget wake up and beg for coffee served in bed.

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:50:32 -0500, "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Yep thats me! Just last weekend I told the hubby ... all these guys may
>be
>> staring at my see through shirt, but you're the only one who gets to drive me home, watch me trip
>> over all the stairs, stumble into bed, pass out and snore all night ;)
>>

>A truly fortunate man! ;^)
>
>Mike

True, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
:-]

Cinder Girl <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Cinder Girl <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> > > Well the general stereotype over here is that the Brits and the Irish
> can
> > > hold their liquor much better than we can. Its just a stereotype but
> I'm
> > > beer drinking girl myself and I've never met the Irish or Brit that
> > couldn't
> > > drink me under the table.
> >
> > Heh - what did they do when they got you there?
> >
> > ',;~}
> >

> > Shaun aRe - <giggle!>
> >
> I go thru their pockets, ****** their watches, car keys and wedding rings and get the hell out!

You would not be capable of that kind of dexterity if I drank you under the table,Cinders ',;~}

Shaun aRe