RR: The Same as Last Week

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
Rode the same place as last week. Did the same thing. You can read
last weeks report on my Website. The only thing different was that the
trail mud was like glue today (too moist), the FR course was much more
fun with the big hit bike (I'm getting the hang of that elevated stuff
and wheelie drops), and the single speeders (4 of em) made me look real
bad when I had multiple mech problems!

Winter sucks. People have not been attending our conferences, so if we
do not get over 300 attendees then I don't get to go. Hopefully, San
Diego is looking good in February.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Rode the same place as last week. Did the same thing. You can read
> last weeks report on my Website. The only thing different was that the
> trail mud was like glue today (too moist), the FR course was much more
> fun with the big hit bike (I'm getting the hang of that elevated stuff
> and wheeie drops),

Which one?

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Rode the same place as last week. Did the same thing. You can read
>>last weeks report on my Website. The only thing different was that the
>>trail mud was like glue today (too moist), the FR course was much more
>>fun with the big hit bike (I'm getting the hang of that elevated stuff
>>and wheeie drops),

> Which one?

The Chemical State...

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
> > "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>Rode the same place as last week. Did the same thing. You can read
> >>last weeks report on my Website. The only thing different was that the
> >>trail mud was like glue today (too moist), the FR course was much more
> >>fun with the big hit bike (I'm getting the hang of that elevated stuff
> >>and wheeie drops),

> > Which one?
> >

> The Chemical State...

More specifically, which big hit bike? A Big Hit from Specialized? Or
something else?

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
>>
>>>"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>Which one?
>>>

>>The Chemical State...

> More specifically, which big hit bike? A Big Hit from Specialized? Or
> something else?

My big hit is 6" and a Ellsworth(less) Id.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote
> My big hit is 6" and a Ellsworth(less) Id.

Unhappy with the ride? Or is that Titus still calling your name?

Gary

GeeDubb wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote
>
>>My big hit is 6" and an Ellsworth(less) Id.

> Unhappy with the ride? Or is that Titus still calling your name?
>
> Gary

Well, I had the Romic re-valved and put a heavier spring on it. It's
still a hefty machine and has it's place but not on the trails in my
area. It climbs without bobbing (lol I said Bob) now, but riding the
30+ pound beast uphill when you have five others who are out to hammer
for the day is not an easy task.

Today I was sick, so I stayed home and spent most of it building up the
Racer-X. I am about half way done. I'm still waiting for the cranks.

When all is said and done, here is the build:

Small Racer-X Frame w/Fox Float RL and Ti Hardware
CK Headset
American Classic Disc Hub/Wheelset (lightest I've ever owned)
Avid BB Mechs
Avid sd-7 levers
SRAM X9 Shifters
SRAM X0 Rear Derailleur
Thomsen Stem and Post
Easton EC90 SL Bars
Oury Lock-On Grips
Race Face Deus Crankset with Ti BB
Manitou Minute 2 (It was only 3.4# and dirt cheap)
SRAM Hollowpoint chain
SRAM Cassette
XT Front Derailleur
Titec Ithys Seat
Xpedo Ti-Ti spd pedals

Weight: 24 pounds

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> GeeDubb wrote:
>> Ride-A-Lot wrote
>>
>>> My big hit is 6" and an Ellsworth(less) Id.

>> Unhappy with the ride? Or is that Titus still calling your name?
>>
>> Gary
>>

> Well, I had the Romic re-valved and put a heavier spring on it. It's
> still a hefty machine and has it's place but not on the trails in my
> area. It climbs without bobbing (lol I said Bob) now, but riding the
> 30+ pound beast uphill when you have five others who are out to hammer
> for the day is not an easy task.
>
> Today I was sick, so I stayed home and spent most of it building up
> the Racer-X. I am about half way done. I'm still waiting for the
> cranks.
> When all is said and done, here is the build:
>
> Small Racer-X Frame w/Fox Float RL and Ti Hardware
> CK Headset
> American Classic Disc Hub/Wheelset (lightest I've ever owned)
> Avid BB Mechs
> Avid sd-7 levers
> SRAM X9 Shifters
> SRAM X0 Rear Derailleur
> Thomsen Stem and Post
> Easton EC90 SL Bars
> Oury Lock-On Grips
> Race Face Deus Crankset with Ti BB
> Manitou Minute 2 (It was only 3.4# and dirt cheap)
> SRAM Hollowpoint chain
> SRAM Cassette
> XT Front Derailleur
> Titec Ithys Seat
> Xpedo Ti-Ti spd pedals
>
> Weight: 24 pounds

That's about 3 lbs lighter than my SB (slime tubes engaged). I'm still not
happy with my Titus due to it's poor climbing response. I've talked with
other SB owners that have the same complaint. I'm thinking of looking for
a light hard tail just so I can keep up with the hammer guys (though I did
well in the second half of the ride Sunday as the hammer guys were starting
to run out of ****!).

I keep threatening to take my Trek 970 and make it into a ss. Too bad I'm
not motivated.....

Oh, the temperature hit 77F on Sunday, neener neener.

Gary

"GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> > GeeDubb wrote:
> >> Ride-A-Lot wrote

> >> Unhappy with the ride? Or is that Titus still calling your name?
> >>
> >> Gary
> >>

> > Well, I had the Romic re-valved and put a heavier spring on it. It's
> > still a hefty machine and has it's place but not on the trails in my
> > area. It climbs without bobbing (lol I said Bob) now, but riding the
> > 30+ pound beast uphill when you have five others who are out to hammer
> > for the day is not an easy task.
> >
> > Today I was sick, so I stayed home and spent most of it building up
> > the Racer-X. I am about half way done. I'm still waiting for the
> > cranks.
> > When all is said and done, here is the build:
> >
> > Small Racer-X Frame w/Fox Float RL and Ti Hardware
> > CK Headset
> > American Classic Disc Hub/Wheelset (lightest I've ever owned)
> > Avid BB Mechs
> > Avid sd-7 levers
> > SRAM X9 Shifters
> > SRAM X0 Rear Derailleur
> > Thomsen Stem and Post
> > Easton EC90 SL Bars
> > Oury Lock-On Grips
> > Race Face Deus Crankset with Ti BB
> > Manitou Minute 2 (It was only 3.4# and dirt cheap)
> > SRAM Hollowpoint chain
> > SRAM Cassette
> > XT Front Derailleur
> > Titec Ithys Seat
> > Xpedo Ti-Ti spd pedals
> >
> > Weight: 24 pounds

Some day you'll get over your weight weenieitis when one of those Xpedo
pedal axles break in half and you end up with 60 stitches in your leg as it
is gouged by the broken axle when your pedal falls off.

> That's about 3 lbs lighter than my SB (slime tubes engaged). I'm still

not
> happy with my Titus due to it's poor climbing response. I've talked with
> other SB owners that have the same complaint. I'm thinking of looking

for
> a light hard tail just so I can keep up with the hammer guys (though I did
> well in the second half of the ride Sunday as the hammer guys were

starting
> to run out of ****!).

Remember, it's rarely about the bike. I've seen many guys climb better on
35 lb pig bikes than plenty of skinny poser hardtail riders.

Greg

G.T. wrote:
> Remember, it's rarely about the bike. I've seen many guys climb
> better on 35 lb pig bikes than plenty of skinny poser hardtail riders.
>
> Greg

I agree. When I was racing climbing was my strong point. I usually passed
most of my competition even though I out weighed them by about 30 pounds.
(5'9", 190 lbs at my best race weight) Compared to my Proflex 957 (stolen),
the Switch Blade climbs like **** even with everything locked out. I'll
admit the SB handles the technical down hill much better as I've yet to
launch myself over the bars. I can't say that about the Proflex!

Besides, I only have two bikes (one is in pieces). I need a couple more to
keep up with JD.......any recommendations?

Gary

G.T. wrote:
> "GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Ride-A-Lot wrote:

>>>Well, I had the Romic re-valved and put a heavier spring on it. It's
>>>still a hefty machine and has it's place but not on the trails in my
>>>area. It climbs without bobbing (lol I said Bob) now, but riding the
>>>30+ pound beast uphill when you have five others who are out to hammer
>>>for the day is not an easy task.
>>>
>>>Today I was sick, so I stayed home and spent most of it building up
>>>the Racer-X. I am about half way done. I'm still waiting for the
>>>cranks.
>>>When all is said and done, here is the build:
>>>
>>>Small Racer-X Frame w/Fox Float RL and Ti Hardware
>>>CK Headset
>>>American Classic Disc Hub/Wheelset (lightest I've ever owned)
>>>Avid BB Mechs
>>>Avid sd-7 levers
>>>SRAM X9 Shifters
>>>SRAM X0 Rear Derailleur
>>>Thomsen Stem and Post
>>>Easton EC90 SL Bars
>>>Oury Lock-On Grips
>>>Race Face Deus Crankset with Ti BB
>>>Manitou Minute 2 (It was only 3.4# and dirt cheap)
>>>SRAM Hollowpoint chain
>>>SRAM Cassette
>>>XT Front Derailleur
>>>Titec Ithys Seat
>>>Xpedo Ti-Ti spd pedals
>>>
>>>Weight: 24 pounds

> Some day you'll get over your weight weenieitis when one of those Xpedo
> pedal axles break in half and you end up with 60 stitches in your leg as it
> is gouged by the broken axle when your pedal falls off.

Cool. It will go well with the chainring tattoo I got earlier this year!

> Remember, it's rarely about the bike. I've seen many guys climb better on
> 35 lb pig bikes than plenty of skinny poser hardtail riders.
>
> Greg

Well, I can climb but slowly. Mostly because the damn suspension is too
soft. Yeh, I know get a hardtail. I tried that and I just can ride at
all on them.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Well, I can climb but slowly. Mostly because the damn suspension is too
> soft. Yeh, I know get a hardtail. I tried that and I just can ride at
> all on them.

Quit blaming the bike. I never knew why JD always gives you such a hard
time, but, jeez, unless it's a Walgoose quite blaming the bike.

Greg

G.T. wrote:
> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Well, I can climb but slowly. Mostly because the damn suspension is too
>>soft. Yeh, I know get a hardtail. I tried that and I just can ride at
>>all on them.
>>

> Quit blaming the bike. I never knew why JD always gives you such a hard
> time, but, jeez, unless it's a Walgoose quite blaming the bike.
>
> Greg

Stop yelling at me. I might cry and have to "killfile" you. :)

OK, it's not the bike. I just like to spend money. I got an xmas bonus
and it was burning a hole in my pocket.

Jeez! Back to the spinner.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:41:27 -0500, Ride-A-Lot
<[email protected]> wrote:

> G.T. wrote:
>> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>> Well, I can climb but slowly. Mostly because the damn suspension is
>>> too
>>> soft. Yeh, I know get a hardtail. I tried that and I just can rideat
>>> all on them.
>>>

>> Quit blaming the bike. I never knew why JD always gives you such a
>> hard
>> time, but, jeez, unless it's a Walgoose quite blaming the bike.
>> Greg
>>

> Stop yelling at me. I might cry and have to "killfile" you. :)
>
> OK, it's not the bike. I just like to spend money. I got an xmas bonus
> and it was burning a hole in my pocket.
>
> Jeez! Back to the spinner.

Hey, I got a $6,000 bad-ass Turner I'll give you a good deal on :p

--
Slacker

Slacker wrote:
>> OK, it's not the bike. I just like to spend money. I got an xmas
>> bonus and it was burning a hole in my pocket.
>>
>> Jeez! Back to the spinner.
>>

> Hey, I got a $6,000 bad-ass Turner I'll give you a good deal on :p

geesh, did everybody but me get a bonus?

Gary (oh wait a minute, I work for myself!)

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:59:45 -0700, GeeDubb <[email protected]> wrote:

> Slacker wrote:
>>> OK, it's not the bike. I just like to spend money. I got an xmas
>>> bonus and it was burning a hole in my pocket.
>>>
>>> Jeez! Back to the spinner.
>>>

>> Hey, I got a $6,000 bad-ass Turner I'll give you a good deal on :p

> geesh, did everybody but me get a bonus?
>
> Gary (oh wait a minute, I work for myself!)

Yeah. Well, your boss sucks!

--
Slacker

Slacker wrote:

>> Gary (oh wait a minute, I work for myself!)
>>

> Yeah. Well, your boss sucks!

new truck? new bike?....new truck? new bike?

decisions decisions

Bonus that baby!

Gary

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:22:51 -0700, GeeDubb <[email protected]> wrote:

> Slacker wrote:
>>>
>>> Gary (oh wait a minute, I work for myself!)
>>>

>> Yeah. Well, your boss sucks!

> new truck? new bike?....new truck? new bike?
>
> decisions decisions
>
> Bonus that baby!
>
> Gary

So go for both, big bonus guy :)

--
Slacker

Slacker wrote:

>>> Yeah. Well, your boss sucks!

>> new truck? new bike?....new truck? new bike?
>>
>> decisions decisions
>>
>> Bonus that baby!
>>
>> Gary
>>

> So go for both, big bonus guy :)

I would except that though I work for myself I still report to a higher
authority......
SWMBO (the real boss and yes, the boss does)
The new Tacoma 4 door does look nice........
I wonder which bike would look better in the Speedway Blue?

Gary (the owner, not the CFO)