RR: The Twoonie Rally!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ryan Cousineau, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So the first Twoonie Race of the year was actually a poker ride, but who cares? We're talking big,
    dirty XC fun.

The ride started out at Dizzy Cycles, which is near Lonsdale Quay. The route was not publicized
    before the start, at which point they gave us all route sheets and sent us out. I got in with a
    small group, and it was interesting: they had us doing a tour of three ravine/creek parks in North
    Vancouver.

The format was "ride the roads to the park, ride through the trail, ride the roads to the next
    park...", you get the idea

Wow. Those little ravines had some beautiful classic rooty mucky Wet Coast trails! There were even
    little baby stunts in some of the trails, and one delightful section which defies description. As we
    were about to enter it, the guy manning that checkpoint said, "the next section is a bit weird.
    You'll see what I mean." It was. Lotsa roots and muck, quasi stunts, tight trails, and this was in a
    piece of "woods" that was sandwiched between a playing field and a freeway.

Massive mucky fun! About 45 minutes of riding, and everyone's bike was covered in muck from tip to
    toe. I haven't had this much fun getting that dirty since I was three.

I don't remember the creek names, except that Mosquito Creek was one of them. I'm hoping I can get
    the NSMBA to publish the route sheet.

-RjC.

--
    Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

Tags:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.