RR: the weatherman lied!

Technician

Guest
I'll keep it short as mostly nothing happened this ride.

Before leaving, i re-checked the paper for the weather. says it is going to by just cloudy. so i
head up to the trail. i literally get all the way out, and it just then starts to rain. and i mean
rain drops the size of my fist (slight embellishment). so i opened up the bak for my rain coat
(mostly to put over my bak as my camera and phone were in there and i didn't know if the bak was
weather resistant). At that point i remember i took it out to save weight. so i ride back through
the rain. upon getting to my car, i check my bak contents. zipper was opened a bit, camera and phone
were just slightly damp. other pockets were dry. i test the camera, nothing. so upon getting home, i
open 'er up to dry.

So i still have not gotten any recent or good trail pics. perhaps the next ride will be
more fruitful.

I did manage to get a few whistles from some college girls, so i call that a plus (and i didn't get
a picture, damn).
--
~Travis

On Thu, 15 May 2003 18:56:35 -0400, Technician wrote:

> Before leaving, i re-checked the paper for the weather. says it is going to be just cloudy.

IME, they have no dependable way of knowing whether its going to be "just cloudy" or if it'll really
rain. If there are clouds, plan on getting wet. If you don't get wet, consider yourself lucky!

> On Thu, 15 May 2003 18:56:35 -0400, Technician wrote:
>
> > Before leaving, i re-checked the paper for the weather. says it is going to be just cloudy.
>
> IME, they have no dependable way of knowing whether its going to be "just cloudy" or if it'll
> really rain. If there are clouds, plan on getting wet. If you don't get wet, consider
> yourself lucky!

Yeah, i should have known. but i also forgot i took the rain coat out, so i figured i would be
alright anyway.

I also noticed the rapid-fire is a different geometry than what i was used to. got kind of a soar
thumb from bending my hand to get at the ratchet release trigger (i was used to one where the
trigger was on top of the bar and the other one was below). but, if everybody else can use these, i
figure i just have to do some hand stretches to loosen them up a bit. i tried adjusting the angle a
bit, but it didn't help. just one of those changes i gotta get used to i guess.
--
~Travis

> I'll keep it short as mostly nothing happened this ride.
>
> I did manage to get a few whistles from some college girls, so i call that a plus (and i didn't
> get a picture, damn).
> --

Must've been some residual mojo left over from John. ;^)

Mike

> > On Thu, 15 May 2003 18:56:35 -0400, Technician wrote:
> >
> > > Before leaving, i re-checked the paper for the weather. says it is
going
> > > to be just cloudy.
> >
> > IME, they have no dependable way of knowing whether its going to be
"just
> > cloudy" or if it'll really rain. If there are clouds, plan on getting
wet.
> > If you don't get wet, consider yourself lucky!
> >

> Yeah, i should have known. but i also forgot i took the rain coat out, so i figured i would be
> alright anyway.
>
> I also noticed the rapid-fire is a different geometry than what i was used to. got kind of a soar
> thumb from bending my hand to get at the ratchet release trigger (i was used to one where the
> trigger was on top of the bar and the other one was below). but, if everybody else can use these,
> i figure i just have to do some hand stretches to loosen them up a bit. i tried adjusting the
> angle a bit, but it didn't help. just one of those changes i gotta get used to i guess.
> --

You use your index finger to work the ratchet release. (Small lever)

Mike

> "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I'll keep it short as mostly nothing happened this ride.
> >
> > I did manage to get a few whistles from some college girls, so i call that a plus (and i didn't
> > get a picture, damn).
> > --
>
> Must've been some residual mojo left over from John. ;^)
>
> Mike

Hey, between John and Gary, it's got plenty of extra mojo.
--
~Travis

> going
> > >
> > > IME, they have no dependable way of knowing whether its going to be
> "just
> > > cloudy" or if it'll really rain. If there are clouds, plan on getting
> wet.
> > > If you don't get wet, consider yourself lucky!
> > >

> > Yeah, i should have known. but i also forgot i took the rain coat out, so i figured i would be
> > alright anyway.
> >
> > I also noticed the rapid-fire is a different geometry than what i was used to. got kind of a
> > soar thumb from bending my hand to get at the ratchet release trigger (i was used to one where
> > the trigger was on top of the bar and the other one was below). but, if everybody else can use
> > these, i figure i just have to do some hand stretches to loosen them up a bit. i tried adjusting
> > the angle a bit, but it didn't help. just one of those changes i gotta get used to i guess.
> > --
>
> You use your index finger to work the ratchet release. (Small lever)
>
> Mike

i do, but it pulls some muscle or connective tissue in my thumb when i
do. thus, i have to stretch my thumb.
--
~Travis