RR: Uneventful Bethpage

Carla A-G

Guest
Jim, Ken, Keith and myself rode Bethpage last night. Nothing outrageous or strange happened. That in
itself is strange. Usually something weird and spooky happens on our night rides there. Supposedly
dead people, army cadet people popping up from the bushes, crazy moles, big fat hairy red spiders,
dirty old men standing in the middle of the trail masturbating, "ghost" birds popping up in front of
your face when you least expect it, rabbits jumping 5 feet in the air when you shine you light on
them, stoned out kids trying to light the woods ablaze...we've seen it all.

But on this night, nothing happened. It was just another xc night ride...how uneventful...

Looks like we'll be snow riding for the next few days, with all this snow coming down now...

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

did you guys ride the mud last weekend?

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:27:26 -0500, "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Jim, Ken, Keith and myself rode Bethpage last night. Nothing outrageous or strange happened. That
>in itself is strange. Usually something weird and spooky happens on our night rides there.
>Supposedly dead people, army cadet people popping up from the bushes, crazy moles, big fat hairy
>red spiders, dirty old men standing in the middle of the trail masturbating, "ghost" birds popping
>up in front of your face when you least expect it, rabbits jumping 5 feet in the air when you shine
>you light on them, stoned out kids trying to light the woods ablaze...we've seen it all.

You certainly have seen it all.

Have fun in the snow.

:-]

>But on this night, nothing happened. It was just another xc night ride...how uneventful...

I'm crying for you Carla! Seriously, you are lucky to live so close to such a beautiful area. From
what I've been looking into, NY really is very bike friendly, as far as working with clubs and
organizations to keep beautiful areas such as Bethpage open for riding.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >But on this night, nothing happened. It was just another xc night ride...how uneventful...
>
> I'm crying for you Carla! Seriously, you are lucky to live so close to such a beautiful area. From
> what I've been looking into, NY really is very bike friendly, as far as working with clubs and
> organizations to keep beautiful areas such as Bethpage open for riding.

These guys help with keeping many of the trails open and maintained around here:

http://www.climbonline.org/

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!