Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

RR: What a beautful commute

Started by TimC · · Last activity · 2 posts · 448 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
22 December 2005
Last activity
22 December 2005
Original author
TimC
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
448
Views / 30 days
1
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Bit of a headwind home, supposedly, but I didn't feel it.

    Had the panniers on for the first time -- I discovered this morning
    that she handles a bit differently -- the front wheel sounded and felt
    *very* light, but I didn't lose traction anywhere.

    So of course, I belt down my favourite hill on the commute, and turn
    right at the bottom of the hill. I thought "better slow down for this
    one, given I don't know her handling yet", then thought better of it
    -- "Nah!". Went through the corner and found I was in the mood to use
    my legs and just kept on going instead of slowing up the slight
    incline towards my house. A taxi sat up behind me, let me through the
    roundabout at high speed (good visibility), then kept on sitting
    behind me. Of course, I don't know what speed I was doing, but I
    guess he wasn't too impatient with my 35 or so in a 50 zone.

    This road is a maze of twisty passages all alike -- a bit bendy, lots
    of traffic calming, and roundabouts. He sits behind me in several
    spots where I expected to overtake, but I was still doing that roughly
    35, or maybe even 45.

    By this stage, I have been hammering for a few minutes -- would love
    to know my HR[1], but didn't put it on tonight -- thinking "I can't
    see it in the dark" -- duh, you can still read the max when you get
    home. Feeling great. Finally, he lets me through the last
    roundabout, and the road kicks up some more, so he overtakes once I
    slow. Didn't get to acknowledge him -- wasn't really able to speak,
    and too dark to wave -- and don't really want to say "thanks mate",
    because I usually say that to be sarcastic, and don't want to be
    misinterpreted.

    [1] GPL: Lastnight I got up to 189 hammering (by my standards) up a
    hill -- punt road, IIRC. So my worry of not being able to get above
    181 was not founded. Still, got a few more % to find somewhere. I
    think I may be getting some (by my standards) fitness back.

    --
    TimC
    Yip yip yip yip yap yap yip *BANG* --- NO TERRIER
    -- JoeB in the Scary Devil Monastery

  2. TimC said:


    This road is a maze of twisty passages all alike -- a bit bendy, lots
    of traffic calming, and roundabouts. He sits behind me in several
    spots where I expected to overtake, but I was still doing that roughly
    35, or maybe even 45.

    Try that down in Lego Land, with the 251 Garden City bus on your wheel. Eccchhhhhh! :eek:

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.