rr : what not to do

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Nate, Aug 17, 2003.

  1. Nate

    Nate Guest

    Location: Massanutten, Va.

    race class: XXC, 38 miles

    bike: SS, rigid, 34x16

    First of all, if you havent ridden in the past 3 weeks even once, you should not ride in the longest
    class available. New lesson learned. To add to it, riding the geared bike instead of the ss is
    easier. I already knew that, I guess I'm a sucker for punishment. Remember to change the gearing
    from 34x16 to something more appropriate for *steep* mountain climbs. Bring more fuel for races that
    last 6 hours due to bonking the last 2 hours.

    Results: 15th out of 31. Not toooo bad considering all except 3 of us were on geared pigs.

    What next? Go back next year with this year's lessons learned and enjoy much more.

    If the course doesn't have personality, it's not an epic ride...

    Nate

    Tags:

  2. Voodoo

    Voodoo Guest

  3. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Nate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Location: Massanutten, Va.
    >
    > race class: XXC, 38 miles
    >
    > bike: SS, rigid, 34x16

    I race XC there last year. You're one sick person! Good job!

    Also what not to do, Race XC at the HooHaa and drive 12 hours to Mount Snow, Vermont right after.

    Mike