RR: Why I Love My Biaaatch!...AKA MORE SS HYPE!

Bill Wheeler

Guest
Yes, I realize that some my find the term "Biaaaatch" offensive, but it really doesn't matter
now, does it.

I'm referring to my Bianchi DISS . It is such a sweet bike.

1. Matt Black
2. No frills
3. Phaaaaat @ss tyres <== I think that's what you Brits call them
4. Discs front and back.
5. Fully rigid (heh, heh, heh I said "rigid" heh, heh, heh)
6. light as hell!
7. Maneuverable, I must say completely and utterly, ultimately, maneuverable!

Do you realize the complete and utter joy that I get when I pass someone on a fully cushed-out,
$2500 rig going up a hill? No, I don't think you do, unless of course you are one of the "chosen".
Yes, SSer's are among the chosen few MTBers who've gone back to the basics.

Now there's a phrase that says it all "Back to the basics"

Let's break that phrase down a bit.

Back: Back in the day we all learned to ride on an SS: Sweet & Simple Single Speed. I bet you can
recall the smile on your face when those training wheels came off and you were finally FREE! Free to
do what you want to do, ride to the far side of the neighborhood, ride up a hill, ride over curbs,
ride wheelies, ride fast, slow....all on your new SS.

Basics: What more does one need? Once your basic needs as a human being are fulfilled you can expand
in all directions, but you must first fulfill those "basic needs".

I love my SS. I can't help myself. I just can't.

Peace, Bill

:-]

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:05:36 -0400, Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote:

>Now there's a phrase that says it all "Back to the basics"
>
>Let's break that phrase down a bit.
>
>Back: Back in the day we all learned to ride on an SS: Sweet & Simple Single Speed. I bet you can
>recall the smile on your face when those training wheels came off and you were finally FREE! Free
>to do what you want to do, ride to the far side of the neighborhood, ride up a hill, ride over
>curbs, ride wheelies, ride fast, slow....all on your new SS.

I was like 4. I got over it quick.

>Basics: What more does one need? Once your basic needs as a human being are fulfilled you can
>expand in all directions, but you must first fulfill those "basic needs".

Not with a ss ya can't. Your just trying to regain your lost youth. Good luck to ya....you'll not
find it there.

>I love my SS. I can't help myself. I just can't.
>
>Peace, Bill

I'm sorry, do you two want to be alone?

Then get a freakin room already.....

----------
In article <[email protected]>, Bill Wheeler
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Yes, I realize that some my find the term "Biaaaatch" offensive, but it really doesn't matter now,
> does it.
>
> I'm referring to my Bianchi DISS . It is such a sweet bike.
>
> 1. Matt Black
> 2. No frills
> 3. Phaaaaat @ss tyres <== I think that's what you Brits call them
> 4. Discs front and back.
> 5. Fully rigid (heh, heh, heh I said "rigid" heh, heh, heh)
> 6. light as hell!
> 7. Maneuverable, I must say completely and utterly, ultimately, maneuverable!
>
> Do you realize the complete and utter joy that I get when I pass someone on a fully cushed-out,
> $2500 rig going up a hill? No, I don't think you do, unless of course you are one of the "chosen".
> Yes, SSer's are among the chosen few MTBers who've gone back to the basics.
>
> Now there's a phrase that says it all "Back to the basics"
>
> Let's break that phrase down a bit.
>
> Back: Back in the day we all learned to ride on an SS: Sweet & Simple Single Speed. I bet you can
> recall the smile on your face when those training wheels came off and you were finally FREE! Free
> to do what you want to do, ride to the far side of the neighborhood, ride up a hill, ride over
> curbs, ride wheelies, ride fast, slow....all on your new SS.
>
> Basics: What more does one need? Once your basic needs as a human being are fulfilled you can
> expand in all directions, but you must first fulfill those "basic needs".
>
> I love my SS. I can't help myself. I just can't.
>
> Peace, Bill
>

> The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should
> give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
> :-]

So hows the ss working out for you anyhow?

> Yes, I realize that some my find the term "Biaaaatch" offensive, but it really doesn't matter now,
> does it.
>
> I'm referring to my Bianchi DISS . It is such a sweet bike.
>
> 1. Matt Black
> 2. No frills
> 3. Phaaaaat @ss tyres <== I think that's what you Brits call them
> 4. Discs front and back.
> 5. Fully rigid (heh, heh, heh I said "rigid" heh, heh, heh)
> 6. light as hell!
> 7. Maneuverable, I must say completely and utterly, ultimately, maneuverable!
>
> Do you realize the complete and utter joy that I get when I pass someone on a fully cushed-out,
> $2500 rig going up a hill? No, I don't think you do, unless of course you are one of the "chosen".
> Yes, SSer's are among the chosen few MTBers who've gone back to the basics.
>
> Now there's a phrase that says it all "Back to the basics"
>
> Let's break that phrase down a bit.
>
> Back: Back in the day we all learned to ride on an SS: Sweet & Simple Single Speed. I bet you can
> recall the smile on your face when those training wheels came off and you were finally FREE! Free
> to do what you want to do, ride to the far side of the neighborhood, ride up a hill, ride over
> curbs, ride wheelies, ride fast, slow....all on your new SS.
>
> Basics: What more does one need? Once your basic needs as a human being are fulfilled you can
> expand in all directions, but you must first fulfill those "basic needs".
>
> I love my SS. I can't help myself. I just can't.
>
> Peace, Bill

You poor sick deluded man.
--
Westie ;-) "Life is what happens while you're planning to do other things"

Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Yes, I realize that some my find the term "Biaaaatch" offensive, but it really doesn't matter now,
> does it.
>
> I'm referring to my Bianchi DISS . It is such a sweet bike.
>
> 1. Matt Black
> 2. No frills
> 3. Phaaaaat @ss tyres <== I think that's what you Brits call them

No, that would be 'fat arsed tyres', and it's [tyres] not just what we call them, it's what
they _are_.

<snipped some ego trip ****>

> Now there's a phrase that says it all "Back to the basics"
>
> Let's break that phrase down a bit.
>
> Back: Back in the day we all learned to ride on an SS:

Nope - my first bike was a little 3 speed.

> Sweet & Simple Single Speed.

3 speed.

> I bet you can recall the smile on your face when those training wheels came off and you were
> finally FREE!

I was 4 years old, and I had no training wheels.

> Free to do what you want to do, ride to the far side of the neighborhood, ride up a hill, ride
> over curbs, ride wheelies, ride fast, slow....all on your new SS.

3 speed.

> Basics: What more does one need? Once your basic needs as a human being are fulfilled

Food, water, warmth (shelter) - that's it.

> you can expand in all directions,

That's too much food.

> but you must first fulfill those "basic needs".
>
> I love my SS. I can't help myself. I just can't.

Nobody can help you Bill - you are blinded to basic reality by your own hype.

Shaun aRe

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:31:04 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

><snipped some ego trip ****>

Rimmie, Rimmie, Rimmie. SS is totally Id driven.

>Nope - my first bike was a little 3 speed.

You're such a hard ass.

>I was 4 years old, and I had no training wheels.

Aye! both my kids were riding by 4 w/out trainers.

>> I love my SS. I can't help myself. I just can't.
>
>Nobody can help you Bill - you are blinded to basic reality by your own hype.

It must be a relief being blind...no unnecessary distractions.

Peace, Bill

:-]

> 4. Discs front and back.
>
> Now there's a phrase that says it all "Back to the basics"
>
> Let's break that phrase down a bit.
>
> Back: Back in the day we all learned to ride on an SS: Sweet & Simple Single Speed. I bet you can
> recall the smile on your face when those training wheels came off and you were finally FREE! Free
> to do what you want to do, ride to the far side of the neighborhood, ride up a hill, ride over
> curbs, ride wheelies, ride fast, slow....all on your new SS.
>
> Basics: What more does one need? Once your basic needs as a human being are fulfilled you can
> expand in all directions, but you must first fulfill those "basic needs".

If you were truly getting 'back to the basics' you'd have a coaster brake instead of disc's.

Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Yes, I realize that some my find the term "Biaaaatch" offensive, but it really doesn't matter now,
> does it.
>
> I'm referring to my Bianchi DISS . It is such a sweet bike.
>
> 1. Matt Black
> 2. No frills
> 3. Phaaaaat @ss tyres <== I think that's what you Brits call them
> 4. Discs front and back.
> 5. Fully rigid (heh, heh, heh I said "rigid" heh, heh, heh)
> 6. light as hell!
> 7. Maneuverable, I must say completely and utterly, ultimately, maneuverable!

<snip the love letter>

> I love my SS. I can't help myself. I just can't.
>
> Peace, Bill
>

> The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should
> give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
> :-]

We meet Monday and Thursday nights. You can sit by me: "Hi, my name is Bill, and I have a
singlespeed." All together, now group: "Hi Bill, welcome to singlespeeds anonymous."

We'll work the 12 steps together. G-Man's leading a group, as are Anthony, Corvus, the Freak, we're
all there....

Paladin

Bill Wheeler wrote:

>I love my SS. I can't help myself. I just can't.
>
>Peace, Bill

I understand. What I love is the rapidly emerging knee-jerk anti-singlespeed establishment.

" We wanna be free to do what we wanna do. We wanna be free to ride. We wanna be free to ride our
machines without being hassled by The Man! ... And we wanna get loaded."

A (getting ready to Monkey around this very evening...)

Anthony Sloan wrote:
> Bill Wheeler wrote:
>

>> I love my SS. I can't help myself. I just can't.
>>
>> Peace, Bill
>>

> I understand. What I love is the rapidly emerging knee-jerk anti-singlespeed establishment.

perhaps just tweaking the nose of those who appear to have gotten religion in the form of one gear?
( and are as obnoxious as any prostelyzer (sp?) ....)

Penny

Penny S. wrote:

>Anthony Sloan wrote:
>

>>Bill Wheeler wrote:
>>

>>>I love my SS. I can't help myself. I just can't.
>>>
>>>Peace, Bill
>>>

>>I understand. What I love is the rapidly emerging knee-jerk anti-singlespeed establishment.
>>

>perhaps just tweaking the nose of those who appear to have gotten religion in the form of one gear?
>( and are as obnoxious as any prostelyzer (sp?) ....)
>
>Penny

Hmm. You haven't had bible thumpers on your doorstep in a while, I see. As obnoxious as any
proselytizer? Nix.

Let the boy derive some joy from his bike.

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Yes, I realize that some my find the term "Biaaaatch" offensive, but it really doesn't matter
> > now, does it.
> >
> > I'm referring to my Bianchi DISS . It is such a sweet bike.
> >
> > 1. Matt Black
> > 2. No frills
> > 3. Phaaaaat @ss tyres <== I think that's what you Brits call them
> > 4. Discs front and back.
> > 5. Fully rigid (heh, heh, heh I said "rigid" heh, heh, heh)
> > 6. light as hell!
> > 7. Maneuverable, I must say completely and utterly, ultimately, maneuverable!
> >
> <snip the love letter>
> >
> > I love my SS. I can't help myself. I just can't.
> >
> > Peace, Bill
> >

> > The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should
> > give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
> > :-]
>
> We meet Monday and Thursday nights. You can sit by me: "Hi, my name is Bill, and I have a
> singlespeed." All together, now group: "Hi Bill, welcome to singlespeeds anonymous."
>
> We'll work the 12 steps together. G-Man's leading a group, as are Anthony, Corvus, the Freak,
> we're all there....
>

> Paladin

Hehehe...12 steps.

9 in the back and 3 in the front!!

Mike

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:38:55 -0500, Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote:

>Bill Wheeler wrote:
>

>>I love my SS. I can't help myself. I just can't.
>>
>>Peace, Bill
>>

>I understand. What I love is the rapidly emerging knee-jerk anti-singlespeed establishment.

All hype has it's detractors. And there is no denying that ss is nothing more than hype. but even I
must say it's pricing IS very attractive. If I was doing it on the cheap SS is the way to go. But
I'm not, so I won't.

>" We wanna be free to do what we wanna do. We wanna be free to ride. We wanna be free to ride our
>machines without being hassled by The Man! ... And we wanna get loaded."
>
>A (getting ready to Monkey around this very evening...)

Now you've done it. You've called me a freerider!

Dave (I like it!)

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:34:21 -0700, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

>Anthony Sloan wrote:
>> Bill Wheeler wrote:
>>

>>> I love my SS. I can't help myself. I just can't.
>>>
>>> Peace, Bill
>>>

>> I understand. What I love is the rapidly emerging knee-jerk anti-singlespeed establishment.
>>

>perhaps just tweaking the nose of those who appear to have gotten religion in the form of one gear?
>( and are as obnoxious as any prostelyzer (sp?) ....)
>
>Penny

Yeppers, this about sums it up!

You have a wonderful way of putting things.

Dave

> Anthony Sloan wrote:
> > Bill Wheeler wrote:
> >

> >> I love my SS. I can't help myself. I just can't.
> >>
> >> Peace, Bill
> >>

> > I understand. What I love is the rapidly emerging knee-jerk anti-singlespeed establishment.
> >

> perhaps just tweaking the nose of those who appear to have gotten religion in the form of one
> gear? ( and are as obnoxious as any prostelyzer (sp?) ....)
>
> Penny

Absolutely!

Dave W wrote:

>All hype has it's detractors. And there is no denying that ss is nothing more than hype.

I deny that.

There's more to it than hype.

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:23:56 -0500, Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote:

>Dave W wrote:
>

>>All hype has it's detractors. And there is no denying that ss is nothing more than hype.
>>

>I deny that.
>
>There's more to it than hype.

Not from where I sit. Hell you can even buy rear cogs via a picture post at MTBR now. If that's not
hype, I dunno what is.

Dave W wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:23:56 -0500, Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Dave W wrote:
>>

>>>All hype has it's detractors. And there is no denying that ss is nothing more than hype.
>>>

>>I deny that.
>>
>>There's more to it than hype.

> Not from where I sit. Hell you can even buy rear cogs via a picture post at MTBR now. If that's
> not hype, I dunno what is.

Well, that's your misinformed opinon, and you're welcome to it ;*)

<That's a joke>

<I'm only kidding>

<Really>

All I know is this. I've never claimed a singlespeed is any better than any other sort of bike. I
just have fun riding mine.

That is all.

My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:00:17 -0500, Anthony Sloan <[email protected]> wrote:

>Dave W wrote:

>>>I deny that.
>>>
>>>There's more to it than hype.

>> Not from where I sit. Hell you can even buy rear cogs via a picture post at MTBR now. If that's
>> not hype, I dunno what is.
>>

>Well, that's your misinformed opinon, and you're welcome to it ;*)
>
><That's a joke>
>
><I'm only kidding>
>

><Really>
>
>All I know is this. I've never claimed a singlespeed is any better than any other sort of bike. I
>just have fun riding mine.
>
>That is all.

Then that is all that one can ask for. On any bike! Mr. Wheeler is a bit on the Rev. Jim Jones
side...a little bit overzealous to say the least! When he goes off on some Dennis Miller like rant
about the virtues of it, well you know the rest.....

Dave (course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!)