RRR Community Cup

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
As briefly mentioned in another thread. If yer in the Melbourne area, why not come along this Sunday arvo & enjoy the company of the PubBUG crew. Bring the (NEW) bike, bring a blanket & thermos, & the all important beer money, we'll work out the details later. We'll be stationed somewhere close to Mountain Goat Beer. Look out for the rowdy (middle-aged) bike gang. A possible post BR wind-down? Think about it. :p

The Community Cup Returns!
http://www.rrr.org.au/news.php?nid=8

The Sacred Heart Mission's twelfth annual Community Cup on Sunday 26th June at the Junction Oval, St. Kilda where The Espy Rock Dogs meet the 3RRR/3PBS Megahertz

Not only is it one of the few football games on an AFL-free day in Melbourne, it's a chance to see the come-back of Weddings, Parties, Anything and pre-match and halftime entertainment with Dallas Crane, Rebecca's Empire and The Almaboobies. All for just a gold coin donation to help Sacred Heart Mission.

The Community Cup is played between traditional rivals: the 3RRR/PBS Megahertz and the Espy Rock Dogs – two teams who only meet once a year in the spirit of community involvement.

Entry to the game is via Gold Coin Donation. All money raised on the day supports the work the Sacred Heart Mission does in providing meals and support to the city's most disadvantaged.

What: Sacred Heart Mission Community Cup XII
Who: 3RRR/3PBS Megahertz vs. the Espy Rock Dogs
Entertainment: Weddings, Parties, Anything, Dallas Crane and Rebecca's Empire.

Where: Junction Oval, St Kilda
When: from 10.30am, Sunday 26 June 2005
Cost: gold coin donation

cfsmtb wrote:
> As briefly mentioned in another thread. If yer in the Melbourne area,
> why not come along this Sunday arvo & enjoy the company of the 'PubBUG'
> (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pub_bug/) crew. Bring the (NEW) bike,
> bring a blanket & thermos, & the all important beer money, we'll work
> out the details later. We'll be stationed somewhere close to Mountain
> Goat Beer. Look out for the rowdy (middle-aged) bike gang. A possible
> post BR wind-down? Think about it. :p
>

> The Community Cup Returns!
> http://www.rrr.org.au/news.php?nid=8
>
> The Sacred Heart Mission's twelfth annual Community Cup on Sunday 26th
> June at the Junction Oval, St. Kilda where The Espy Rock Dogs meet the
> 3RRR/3PBS Megahertz
>
> Not only is it one of the few football games on an AFL-free day in
> Melbourne, it's a chance to see the come-back of Weddings, Parties,
> Anything and pre-match and halftime entertainment with Dallas Crane,
> Rebecca's Empire and The Almaboobies. All for just a gold coin donation
> to help Sacred Heart Mission.
>
> The Community Cup is played between traditional rivals: the 3RRR/PBS
> Megahertz and the Espy Rock Dogs – two teams who only meet once a year
> in the spirit of community involvement.
>
> Entry to the game is via Gold Coin Donation. All money raised on the
> day supports the work the Sacred Heart Mission does in providing meals
> and support to the city's most disadvantaged.
>
> What: Sacred Heart Mission Community Cup XII
> Who: 3RRR/3PBS Megahertz vs. the Espy Rock Dogs
> Entertainment: Weddings, Parties, Anything, Dallas Crane and Rebecca's
> Empire.
>
> Where: Junction Oval, St Kilda
> When: from 10.30am, Sunday 26 June 2005
> Cost: gold coin donation

OK I could be in that.

On 2005-06-27, alison_b (aka Bruce)
> oh... and I tried my first Goat!! yum :D

So you'll be at the next Goatage on a Friday?

I was busy doing bike maintenance and starting on writing my talk
(which I have to practice tomorrow). This Friday and Sunday I will be
in Sydney, and then I might be able to come along to a goatage after
that. Sigh, too much work, too little time.

--
TimC
Can you keep your witty comments shorter dude? I can't

TimC said:
So you'll be at the next Goatage on a Friday?

I was busy doing bike maintenance and starting on writing my talk
(which I have to practice tomorrow). This Friday and Sunday I will be
in Sydney, and then I might be able to come along to a goatage after
that. Sigh, too much work, too little time.

Talk? "Me and clipless pedals. Not a tale for the squeamish" :D

On 2005-06-27, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)
> TimC Wrote:
>> I was busy doing bike maintenance and starting on writing my talk
>> (which I have to practice tomorrow). This Friday and Sunday I will be
>> in Sydney, and then I might be able to come along to a goatage after
>> that. Sigh, too much work, too little time.

> Talk? "Me and clipless pedals. Not a tale for the squeamish" :D

How'd you know I fell again at the traffic lights this morning? You
were one of those cars who kept on driving not even enquiring if I was
OK? Bastid!

Foot is hard to clip out when there is a bike on top of it, and I am
unceremoniously draped over the median gutter into the oncoming lane.

Ow, my hand :)

--
TimC
Yay! I have found the last bug bug bug bug bug bug bug

TimC said:
How'd you know I fell again at the traffic lights this morning? You
were one of those cars who kept on driving not even enquiring if I was
OK? Bastid!

Foot is hard to clip out when there is a bike on top of it, and I am
unceremoniously draped over the median gutter into the oncoming lane.

Ow, my hand :)

The judging panel called me up this morning and asked me to forward on the coveted 'crash-bandicoot' crown! :p

Youre really getting good at it arent you!
I bow in your presence, master...

Hope yr all happy & healthly! :)

Just posted up pics on this PubBUG yahoogroup site of yesterdays hijinx down at the Junction Oval:

If you can't figure out the yahoogroup login, I'll post then on either a flickr or photobucket gallery.

Any reports of yesterdays fabulous event? Then post them here or to the PubBUG list:

New stories:
Musos, DJs play for charity
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,15719998%255E2902,00.html

cheers & beers :p