RRR: Rainy Ride Report

Bill Sornson wrote:
> **** wrote:
> > Ed Pirrero wrote:
> >

> >> Bill Sornson wrote: {nothing that remains}

> > Ed Pirrero wrote:
> >> Err, don't you live in SoCal?

With the exception of the infamous "903" ride, I had always managed to
have the silver linings of good weather follow me around, including to
CA on my trips there. Some called me the Good Weather Fairy, which
doesn't threaten my sexuality at all. In fact, I found it quite
humorous, hence the reference.

> > Yep, Jerry lives in Cypress. Didn't he move back in with his Mom?

Poor little booby, he ran out of things to play with. It's too bad you
didn't try to live out your stalking fantasies in real life while it
was easy to find me in Colorado. Beating you to within an inch of your
pathetic (lack of a) life would have been a pleasure. The again, you
have proven time and time again what a worthless piece of chickenshit
you truly are and you would never dare to approach me...ever.

> > Cypress, now there's a beautiful city in SoCal!

The cops there would love you, booby.

> Way to completely trash the thread.
>
> Just for those with absolutely no life, when JD, who used to live in CO,
> said that the good weather fairy was gone from there, I made a JOKE about
> him "coming out" (as in from the closet -- like he'd referred to himself as
> a fairy). Thus the parting "not that there's anything wrong..." (well-known
> Seinfeld reference).
>
> Sheesh.

You couldn't tell that was booby? Wake up, Sorni!

JD

JD wrote:

> You couldn't tell that was booby? Wake up, Sorni!

My bad. Asleep at the mouse...

MattB wrote:

> So it wasn't all I had hoped for but it was fun. Good to see you again
> Gary, and good to meet you Salida guys and Mitch finally too! Of course
> now that it's Monday and I have to work it looks like the kind of day we
> needed to ride Agate. Maybe we'll have better luck next time.

Thanks Matt! I had a great time in spite of the rain and it was great
to finally meet you. Now that CO is my home, we'll meet up more
frequently and I hope before the winter comes to tackle Monarch.

I just got back from the retreat in Moab. Did a little riding there too
:). I'll have some pics, video, and a report later.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

MattB wrote:
> Craig Brossman wrote:
>> MattB wrote:
>>
>>> It hardy ever rains much here. When it does, it moves on quickly.
>>> Yeah, right!
>>>

> <snip>
>>>

>> Bummer on the seat.

> The seat was a bummer just because it cut the ride short (even if the
> rain was about to do that anyway). That was the third bike that seat had
> been on, so I think I got my money's worth. I just picked up a new WTB
> Pure V as a replacement. Those WTB saddles fit me well and I don't want
> to mess with something that works for me, especially when my junk is at
> stake!
>
>> I had to totally bail on Gary and Mitch for Sunday, which was probably
>> a good thing. Even if we didn't have weather up there (and we would
>> have) it would have been very muddy, perhaps with more pushing than
>> riding.
>>

> Yeah, I haven't heard from the guys I rode with on Friday, but they had
> plans to ride some high stuff around Crested Butte for the rest of the
> weekend. I wonder how all that went...
> When we were at the top of Monarch making the decision, my young friend
> Garrison really wanted to do it anyway. I made the call to not do it and
> I still think it was the right choice. I never want to be that guy who
> led a group of people (several of whom I had never ridden with) into a
> wilderness disaster even though all the signs were there to help me
> decide not to.
>
>> Never, never talk badly about rain in Colorado, you don't want to ****
>> off the rain gods.
>> There is no such thing as too much rain here, even when it keeps one
>> off the trails for nearly a week.
>>

> Indeed, as long as my life isn't floating away in flood waters, it's not
> too much. Especially for Western Co. My only complaint about the rain
> was the timing. Once I can get out when it's not raining, I'm sure the
> conditions will be sweet and tacky. That combined with a full reservoir
> and reduced fire danger makes it more than worthwhile.
>
> Matt

Moab turned out to be blue and sunny on Sunday. Gary missed a great ride.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Shawn wrote:

> Mitch and I rode on Friday (w/out rain) and, other than some small
> washed out areas, the trails were excellent.
>
> Shawn

Yeah, and more technical than you lead me to believe. ;)

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Shawn wrote:
>

>> Mitch and I rode on Friday (w/out rain) and, other than some small
>> washed out areas, the trails were excellent.
>>
>> Shawn

> Yeah, and more technical than you lead me to believe. ;)

It was the rain. Makes the rocks around here swell ;-)

Shawn