I have a question about my RST Omega Air Forks. I have been using this not more then half year for cross country ride only.
When i press the front brake and slight push the bike to front, i can hear some sound from the fork. The Sound is not from headset, because i am using Amoeba Stem Lock. Then I bring this to bike shop where i bought the bike and was told that "It is like this with this price range (RM 700)" And i felt that i have been cheated.
The guy you talked to wasnt far off. RST are known in the community for being fairly poor in their build quality. Have them checked out and maybe consider getting a set of new forks. I have a resonably cheap XC bike that has great forks but Id consider getting and upgrade as if its not one thing, its the other with RST!